PDA

View Full Version : A-10 Champs

ud69
05-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Rhody loses to SLU tonight. Flyers are A-10 champs and #1 seed for next week's A-10 tournament.

Chris R
05-15-2009, 12:06 AM
is this UDs first ever conference regular season baseball title in any league? I have to assume yes.

The Joint
05-15-2009, 12:10 AM
That is great to hear. Congratulations Flyers!

stargeneral
05-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Huge congrats!!!

Proud time to be a flyer :D

smitch425
05-15-2009, 09:29 AM
The Flyers will play at 5/3 Field next thursday at noon. I encourage everyone who can make it to be there to cheer them on. I wish I could make the whole tourney, but my family back home would be really mad if we don't take our kids to see them!hahaha At least I'll get to go to thursday's game. Hopefully we'll be the tournament champs as well! Go Flyers!

San Diego Flyer
05-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Somewhere Gary Roggenburk is smiling today ( one of a few Flyers to have a productive MLB career)!!

Also led the Flyer basketball team to the NIT Championship in 1962.

Hopefully this flyer team isn't finished yet.

Go Flyers!!

Avid Flyer
05-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Don't want to put a damper on things but don't see where the A-10 has proclaimed UD the champs. In fact UD has 1 game left and RI has technically 3 games left and could end up with the same won loss record and would win in the back to back competition.

RI plays SLU today and tomorrow, and if needed would have a rained out game with LaSalle. So I am not so sure this is final.

FSUFlyer
05-15-2009, 04:54 PM
I doubt the A10 has make up games lost due to weather (I may very well be wrong). I know the ACC doesn't. It's an unnecessary financial burden on some of these schools, not to mention there usually isn't any time off to get there, and the fact that these kids are still students and miss enough school as is.

Avid Flyer
05-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Just checked the RI web site and they said Dayton solidified the A-10 regular season championship with their win over X and RI loss.

So guess it is official.

ud69
05-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Don't want to put a damper on things but don't see where the A-10 has proclaimed UD the champs. In fact UD has 1 game left and RI has technically 3 games left and could end up with the same won loss record and would win in the back to back competition.

RI plays SLU today and tomorrow, and if needed would have a rained out game with LaSalle. So I am not so sure this is final.

No damper. :)

The A-10 has a rule regarding made-up games. Each series is a 3-game series and must be completed within 3 days. There can be no more than 2 games in a single day. If a series cannot be completed, the games will not be made up. The standings are determined by winning percentage. URI was only able to finish 2 games of their series against LaSalle earlier this season. That game cannot be made up. Therefore Rhody has no chance of catching the Flyers. This worked out to the great advantage for Dayton - as URI held the tiebreaker should both teams have ended the season with the same record.

San Diego Flyer
05-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Flyers lose to x in the finale, but all the needed wins were already in the books:

http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/051609aaa.html

Go Flyers!!

Avid Flyer
05-18-2009, 12:27 AM
How much was there of an unconscious effort to keep X and Charlotte in the opposite bracket. After all they had already wrapped up the championship.

Let X char and RI battle it out then UD (if they advance) can have who ever survives.

John the Bomb
05-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I think it's fantastic that UD won the regular season A-10 title. Just too bad the A-10 didn't get any at-large bids(since XU is the only won in as the automatic). But neither did the Big East. Would have been nice to go to our first NCAAs in baseball.