PDA

View Full Version : April 5th Tournament Info

BeckysTXA
03-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Here's what I know about the first tournament next weekend:

This is the Circle City Collegiate Invitational in Indianapolis. Teams can practice on Friday, April 4th with the tournament on Saturday, April 5th.

Teams entered:

Dayton - NCAA last year
U at Albany - NCAA (yes we see a match up with our new coach's former team right after lunch!)
Kentucky - NCAA
Purdue - NCAA
Pittsburgh
Valparaiso
Indiana
Bowling Green

Looks like a nice tournament. Also, will be interesting to see how Dayton plays with only 10 days of practice under a new coach versus some pretty good team that have been practicing since around the end of Febr. Here's the schedule/pool play link:

http://www.capitolsportscenter.com/csc/08schedules/ici.html

UDBrian
03-28-2008, 11:14 AM
It will be interesting to see whether the coach adds some '3' , '4' and shooter sets to the offense immediately. Just to make sure I consider a '3' to be a set about 6' high (2 meters my german friends taught me) which is between the middle and outside hitter, this is the outside hitters ball. I consider a '4' to be an outside set near the pole but not real high. A shooter set is a hard set just over the net for the outside hitter.

I think Nicole would be very effective with low, quick sets. It would be an interesting couple of weeks for a new coach to have matches and no assistant coaches, and at the same time he may be interviewing assistants. I would expect him to be ready for a couple of days off when this stretch ends...

Herewego
03-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Let us know the schedule for the April 12th tournament when it is available?

BeckysTXA
03-28-2008, 11:15 PM
I don't have anything on April 12th in Dayton yet, but I did look up April 19th in Chicago. BIG tourney. 23-24 teams... including MARYLAND and TH. However, it's so big teams will be slotted in Pool play and a UD-Maryland match up may never happen. We'll see if the organizers are on top of everything and put us in the same pool as Maryland. That would be fun.

I also see where Maryland will be at the U of Cinci Tournament with UD the last weekend in April. So if we don't get them in Chicago -- hopefully we'll get a match in Cinci.