PDA

View Full Version : UD v ASU

Avid Flyer
08-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Okay games about to begin. Now for some comentary from our experts UDBrian and BeckysTXA:

Avid Flyer
08-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Question of the day is GAme tracker working? Didn't work for the South Carolina v UNLV game so we may be out of luck.

BeckysTXA
08-30-2008, 04:19 PM
avid - you need to edit that to read just UDBrian if your looking for expert commentary!

However, my 2 cents worth is set the middles more and I'd like to see Tiff have a good game. Overall we need better hitting from the outside from everyone - including Becky. That starts with good passing, a good set and the hitters learning to read the blocks and defenses while they are in the air so they can find the hole and the floor.

I think there will be adjustments. I'm sure they all spent some time looking at tape.

BeckysTXA
08-30-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm hoping it's just running over. Our 3-1 victory over UNLV took 2 hours to complete. A 5 set match would probably run up to 2.5 hours. Plus 2nd match warmups.

Let's hope that's all it is! It's way too early in the season for Gametracker headaches!

Avid Flyer
08-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm hoping it's just running over. Our 3-1 victory over UNLV took 2 hours to complete. A 5 set match would probably run up to 2.5 hours. Plus 2nd match warmups.

Let's hope that's all it is! It's way too early in the season for Gametracker headaches!

Unfortunately it does in deed look like game tracker central is down. Looking at the banner going across the screen they show many teams or game completed but no score. They really need to get their act together.

Avid Flyer
08-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Okay just talked with CSTv and the scores are now coming up and presto so is the Dayton game. You may be right looks like the score board but no score yet so the game may have gone 5 sets.

Funny thing is the CSTV scoreboard don't even list the South Carolina UNLV game. does have UD listed

Avid Flyer
08-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Okay game under way and Mand Robbe starts us off with an attack error. Followed by an attack error by Lindsey.

UDBrian
08-30-2008, 04:53 PM
I can't remember when I proclaimed myself an expert.

UDBrian
08-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Hitting .026 for the first set, Lindsay and Tiffany the only hitters over .000

Avid Flyer
08-30-2008, 05:01 PM
I can't remember when I proclaimed myself an expert.

By my standards and lack thereof 99.9% of those on this board would qualify.

You and Becky certainly know lots more than I'll ever know, just a fan.

Avid Flyer
08-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Once again we have 2.5 times as many errors as our opponent. We are giving the games to them. Also seems the setting is not being distributed as well as it should. Same ones seem to be getting the set and then haveing an error. Just my .o2. Lindsey should be getting way more touches than she is getting. Are we playing favorites here? Hope the coaches get it corrected shortly, or try a new setter who will distribute it more evenly, or at least to our power hitters. Again my .02 Wow almost up to a nickle.

UDBrian
08-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Once again we have 2.5 times as many errors as our opponent. We are giving the games to them. Also seems the setting is not being distributed as well as it should. Same ones seem to be getting the set and then haveing an error. Just my .o2. Lindsey should be getting way more touches than she is getting. Are we playing favorites here? Hope the coaches get it corrected shortly, or try a new setter who will distribute it more evenly, or at least to our power hitters. Again my .02 Wow almost up to a nickle.

The best thing so far is that Tiffany is hitting the ball very well. She has a ton of ability and big time hops.

Avid Flyer
08-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Don't know if I consider this a bump in the road. I mean the 29th team in the country is on its way to finishing in last place in this tournement. Good news is its showing up our weaknesses which should give the staff plenty to work with next week.

BeckysTXA
08-30-2008, 05:35 PM
I didn't know Tiff was going to start -- but it's a very good thing she is playing well. I think one of the keys to this season is finding a very good outside hitter that can play backrow. I think that's Tiff. We have 2 very good backrow players in Nicole and Mandy, but they are average front row players. Hopefully this match will get Tiff going and the coaching staff can then have her work on backrow skills -- and Brian's seen her play backrow and thinks that she can get it done plus she could add an offensive threat from the backrow with her jumping ability.

ASU has 8 blocks against us - 4 per set. OUCH!

I'm sure they are keying on Lindsay and Bethany based on those two did the most damage against UNLV and SC. They are probably seeing a lot of double and triple blocks.

I've noticed we haven't been able to string together too many runs over 1 point. Ouch! Also have noticed that you get down by 5 points in this new 25 point set and it's VERY hard to come back.

BeckysTXA
08-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I like that we are getting after it and look -- they called a timeout -- not going as planned for ASU right now.

BeckysTXA
08-30-2008, 05:55 PM
FINALLY -- we put a 3 point run together. And look, another ASU timeout. CLOSE IT OUT GIRLS!

UDBrian
08-30-2008, 05:59 PM
22-21 UD just needs three straight side outs

ud69
08-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Yuch. 26-28 in the third

Avid Flyer
08-30-2008, 06:20 PM
A lot to adjust to but thats why you play the competition you do. Learn from your mistakes and see who can and can not play the positions.

Good news is I lowered my expectations for the year and can now just root for them to improve week after week instead of having to keep winning to just stay in the top 40.

Good news also is that they don't have the target on their back right now and just concentrate on getting it all together.

UDBrian
08-30-2008, 06:24 PM
The talent is there, just need some more experience. This team will become very dangerous as the year goes on.

I should add that the goals are still the same and nothing has convinced me they cannot be achieved. Win the A10, go to the NCAA tournament and get to the sweet sixteen or better. They always say that a football team makes it greatest improvement from week 1 to week 2, I expect improvement for next week.