PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Thread

BeckysTXA
11-06-2008, 03:51 PM
X on Friday has the makings of a very nice match for the Flyers. Mandy will need to continue her strong play at Libero. I'm not worried about Lindsay and Bethany - they'll show up to play. Need continued improvement and consistancy from the younger players - Rachael, Valerie, Becky and Tiffany. I think these player's improvement over the next 3 matches will dictate if we are ready to compete with SLU and win the A-10 Tourney.

Biggest unknown this weekend...will John R participate in the Flyer Red Out???

Dayton continues its strong play and sweeps both X and Wright State this weekend.

UDBrian
11-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Xavier will make you earn your points which is exactly what UD needs. We will have a big height advantage over Wright State but they too will make yoiu earn your points.

Avid Flyer
11-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Well here we go again, the first set is almost over and still not video. It is hard to round up interest in vball when we sit around to see the game on video and it don't happen. My friends don't have the patience I have so another missed opportunity for UD to garner new fans.

Even game tracker locked up. Oh well we were ahead 17-10 so we will see.

ud69
11-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I got video but it was of the Richmond/Charlotte men's soccer match. Grrr.
Ladies blow em out in first set 25-14.

Avid Flyer
11-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Same here, so it must be a CBS screwup!

Avid Flyer
11-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Got CBS on line now, they are tracking the problem.

Good news is they are seeing the same thing and are working on it. Maybe we can see the 3rd set.

BeckysTXA
11-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks AVID! I sent 2 emails reporting it. Hope they get it together for set 3. Really NICE win in set 2 -- don't know how we could be playing that bad hitting over 400 and with an average of 5 blocks per set - but X gave us a game in Set 2. I know we had some service errors. But the girls hung in there and when it got close at the end (21-21) Kacie got the ball to both Lindsay and Bethany and we won.

Herewego
11-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Still no video feed...........if someone gets it please let the rest of us poor souls know. Xavier is such a big game, this is just frustrating as heck:angryfire:

ud69
11-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Just came up

Avid Flyer
11-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Okay lets get the word out, like tech support number 888 870-2788

BeckysTXA
11-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I think Kacie just set the match of her career. I don't think you can do a better job than what she did tonight distributing the ball. And all the hitters had a great night. Spreading it around sure makes it easier to find the floor and keep the defense guessing.

Nicole 23 attempts
Bethany 22 attempts
Tiffany 22 attempts
Lindsay 20 attempts
Becky 12 attempt

Excellent Job!!! And we need to also give props to the back row. We only saw Set 3 on video, but it looked like they got the ball to Kacie so she had options to go to the hitter she wanted.

Cut out a couple service errors and we looked very, very good. By far our best match of the season.

UDBrian
11-07-2008, 09:56 PM
I agree with BeckysTXA, that was the best match UD has played this year. The passing was pretty darn good, kacie made a lot of good decisions and the players were hitting the ball with mustard! I thought the defensive play was pretty good.

This is the first time UD has won three matches in straight sets this year, hopefully they are peaking at the right time!

John R
11-08-2008, 08:21 AM
X on Friday has the makings of a very nice match for the Flyers. Mandy will need to continue her strong play at Libero. I'm not worried about Lindsay and Bethany - they'll show up to play. Need continued improvement and consistancy from the younger players - Rachael, Valerie, Becky and Tiffany. I think these player's improvement over the next 3 matches will dictate if we are ready to compete with SLU and win the A-10 Tourney.

Biggest unknown this weekend...will John R participate in the Flyer Red Out???

Dayton continues its strong play and sweeps both X and Wright State this weekend.

The unknown was answered as I had my red vest on last night.

BeckysTXA
11-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Way to go John!!! Now can you make it 2 matches in a row??? Red-Out continues tonight when we sweep Wright State.

They are a 500-club, but we'll need to bring it and get in and out of the gym for another sweep. This will also be an opportunity to get Anna some more playing time - which we need to do anytime we can. One injury to anyone in the front row and Anna joins the starting rotation. Not to mention she is very talented and will probably be our rightside hitter next year. All she needs is time on the court. Jumping on Wright State early opens up that opportunity which helps her and the team down the road.

We've got so much talent on the bench -- just look at Kacie. All she needed was some playing time and she is the leading candidate for Setter of the Year in the A-10. There is a lot more of that standing over on the sidelines.

BeckysTXA
11-08-2008, 12:36 PM
I looked in the pictures John...is that you in the Rudy costume??? Only red sweater-vest I could find. lol

UDBrian
11-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I saw John last night and will vouch that he had a Red Vest on, he is in picture 11 I believe :)

http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/view.gal?id=37340

ud69
11-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I saw John last night and will vouch that he had a Red Vest on, he is in picture 11 I believe :)

Sure looks like him. :)

BeckysTXA
11-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Last night when we couldn't get streaming video of the UD-X volleyball match I sent two emails to our friends at CBS Sports - Gametracker telling them we had some men's soccer match instead of women's volleyball. This is one of the responses I got back as to why we couldn't get the video feed:

Thank you for your inquiry. Dayton w-basketball was delayed as the other team had not shown up yet. Please contact us if you have any questions.

I think that answers all our questions as to the quality of this service. Any suggestions as to what questions I should follow up with?

Avid Flyer
11-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Thats why I called them via the phone, got through in no time and they varified that the feed was messed up. They eventually got it by set 3.

BeckysTXS, I believe your response was prepared by Palin's committee. Avoid the question and give a response you want to give. Of course we'll never know the truth as they are infighting now. She said they said, errg!