PDA

View Full Version : Field Set For 27th Annual Atlantic 10 Volleyball Championship

Atlantic10.com
11-17-2008, 07:50 AM
COURTESY OF ATLANTIC10.COM

Field Set For 27th Annual Atlantic 10 Volleyball Championship

No. 1-seeded Saint Louis, No. 2 Dayton, No. 3 George Washington, No. 4 Xavier, No. 5 Temple and No. 6 Fordham will compete for an automatic berth in the 2008 NCAA Volleyball Championship

Lynton
11-17-2008, 09:20 AM
I guess that means SLU and FLyers get a bye to the semis. but how are the quarters drawn for the 2 brackets? E.g. Does SLU get to play the winner of 3 v 6 or 4 v 5? Often the top seed gets the easier competition.

ud69
11-17-2008, 09:59 AM
we get the highest remaining seed - either Gdub or X

http://atlantic10.cstv.com/sports/w-volley/spec-rel/111608aaa.html

UDBrian
11-17-2008, 03:36 PM
The challenge for this team will be playing at their peak for the entire match against St Louis. There can be no periods of poor concentration or less than 100% effort in any aspect of the game.

I should add that I expect them to do it. They raised their level of play last week and I think they can play at a very high level this weekend.

BeckysTXA
11-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Lynton-

You've had a couple questions about the Championship Tourney and seeding. Here is the link to the A-10 website that has all the answers. It's under 2008 A-10 Championship and has a link for the Bracket and the Tie-Breaking Procedures. Hope this helps.

http://atlantic10.cstv.com/sports/w-volley/atl10-w-volley-body.html

Herewego
11-18-2008, 12:39 AM
In all my years as a coach and player I want to warn everyone about just talking about SLU in the finals. We first have to win the match in the semi's. No matter who we will play the target will be on our back. Quite frankly it is painful to say this but I am extremely cautious about saying the semi game is a shoe in for us. This team has struggled when it should not have, lacked focus at least once during any 3 set match this season, and I just don't see the Coach inspiring and firing up the girls. That's not to say it won't happen during practice this week but come on and be real.......people on this web site alone have been saying that all season. I know we have injuries, we have lost key players, and the coach is trying to "figure things out" but guess what? TIME IS UP! I know these girls are competitors---------------now is the time to show how well you know how to compete. Good Luck this weekend and we will be watching and rooting you on. The one certain factor in all of this is that we are not fair weather fans................ WE ARE FLYER VOLLEYBALL FAITHFUL:):):)

UDBrian
11-18-2008, 04:48 AM
Herewego,

You are 100% correct, getting to the finals is not a given. They need two nights of good vball, not one. If you aren't focusing the passing will be bad and immediately you will be scrambling point after point. That makes it easy for someone to pull an upset.

Bump, Set, Spike it is such an easy game :)

Avid Flyer
11-18-2008, 11:20 AM
I agree 100% too, talking about playing SLU in the final is a bit premature, SLU has to win their semi game first:rolleyes::Dyada yada:eek::whiteflag:

In all my years as a coach and player I want to warn everyone about just talking about SLU in the finals. We first have to win the match in the semi's. No matter who we will play the target will be on our back. Quite frankly it is painful to say this but I am extremely cautious about saying the semi game is a shoe in for us. This team has struggled when it should not have, lacked focus at least once during any 3 set match this season, and I just don't see the Coach inspiring and firing up the girls. That's not to say it won't happen during practice this week but come on and be real.......people on this web site alone have been saying that all season. I know we have injuries, we have lost key players, and the coach is trying to "figure things out" but guess what? TIME IS UP! I know these girls are competitors---------------now is the time to show how well you know how to compete. Good Luck this weekend and we will be watching and rooting you on. The one certain factor in all of this is that we are not fair weather fans................ WE ARE FLYER VOLLEYBALL FAITHFUL:):):)