PDA

View Full Version : Letters of support

Avid Flyer
12-01-2008, 12:49 PM
We need letters of support for the staff and team. Not enough time to send them like the last time and have printed. Need to get the email addy of KS and let the girls know we support them.

Go Ladies....Go Flyers!!!!

And I thought Saturday's win over Marquette was special, now this, great news!

Congrats Coach Kelly and Flyers, you've earned it and deserve it. Now lets show this season was no fluke!

London10
12-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Coach Sheffield's address is :
sheffikp@notes.udayton.edu

Lynton
12-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi Avid Flyer
Do you think Brian Gregory and his team would respond well to a request to turn out in force for Friday night's game? or will they be on their way to their Sat nite game?
I agree on that victory over Marquette-I was there too and the UD support was overwhelming, just like when we pack Frericks for games against X:)

UDBrian
12-01-2008, 08:46 PM
The football team showed up last year, either at the SLU match or in the tournament. I have seen quite a few of the men's and women's bball players at the matches this season.

BeckysTXA
12-04-2008, 06:01 PM
This is my letter and I thought the team's fans would like to know UD is being picked to win this weekend.

TO THE OUTSTANDING WOMEN OF UD VOLLEYBALL:

RESPECT.

This word represents a badge of honor you have won this year in the collegiate volleyball world. As a team you haven’t won a lot of tournaments and hardware, but you’ve learned to respect each other and play as a team and in doing so you’ve earned the respect of a lot of people in the world of volleyball.

Nobody “gave” you a bid to the NCAA Championship Tournament. You EARNED IT by grinding out wins and competing for every point in every match and learning along the way. And if you think these are just fluff words of encouragement…let me share how much fans and coaches across the country RESPECT UD Volleyball because of each and every one of your efforts, dedication and hard work.

On the website volleytalk.net there are 58 fans who are entered in a “pick the winner” contest. 43 of those fans have picked you to beat Western Michigan. Only 15 picked your first round opponent. More than 3 out of 4 believe you are the better team. You are HIGHLY RESPECTED. But wait…there’s more…

Of those 43 fans who have you making to Round 2, 15 of them think you can knock off #16 Tulane and make it to the Sweet 16. They believe you can take Flyer Volleyball to a level it’s never seen before. That’s 35% of a group of people from all over the country who are not UD alumni or family and friends. You are a HIGHLY RESPECTED team.

Of course, nobody is predicting you’ll beat Penn State… but hey… you can’t win them all. LOL. Just go out and win two and take Flyer Volleyball to where it’s never been before.

Good Luck and Congrats on a great year of growth and achievement.

UDBrian
12-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks for posting this to bump me into gear. Here is my letter sent to Kelly.

To Kelly, his great staff and players

You may not have accomplished your goal of beating St Louis and winning the A10 tournament. So what?

You have earned the right to play in the NCAA tournament and test your ability and determination against the top teams in the country. You can compete and win these matches at Dayton.

Focus on the task at hand each point. Prepare yourself mentally before each point for different possible scenarios that could occur. Destroy their offense with great blocking on every point.

Have fun and enjoy the crowd support you will receive this weekend.

Don't give up if you happen to fall behind, and keep the pedal down if you get ahead. It is such a simple game, bump, set, spike, bump, set, spike, bump, set, spike.

Looking forward to seeing the matches this weekend.

Brian

Avid Flyer
12-05-2008, 09:31 AM
My Letter to KS and players:

Congratulations Coach Sheffield, staff and players!

Okay I got to admit it, didn't see it coming. Not because you didn't earn it but due to the recent snubbings by the NCAA committee's toward mens and womens basketball and more recently the UD womens soccer team.

This invite was not a gift. It was earned through the past years efforts and the efforts you put forth this year as a team. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE expected you to continue your winning ways with two of last years starters out for the season then the unthinkable, losing your setter halfway through the season. It is a complement to you the team which consists of the players and coaches which kept this program focused and ready to meet any and every obsticale that came your way.

You have won the admiration of the vball world and continue to carry the torch teams past have handed to you. I might want to add that not only did,'t those outside the Dayton family expect you to continue your winning ways due to injuries but you did it also with an unexpected changed of staff.

It was totally remarkable that you stayed together, practiced together in the spring without a coach and embrassed the new coach and staff once they were put in place. Many lesser teams would have folded just with a change of staff, but you showed what comradery, loyalty dedication is all about, above all you have shown what it is like to be a student athlete.

I have shuffled and reshuffled my schedule to make the trek from St. Louis to witness you making history, going deeper in the NCAA tourney than any UD team before. Have made hotel reservations for two nights as I believe in you and know that you believe in one antother.

This has been an amazing year witnessing the ladies bball team take on powerhouse in Austin, Texas, and admittedly still on a high from coming back from the beating of Marquette at the Chicago Invitational Challenge. Lets keep it going.

Go Flyers!!!!

Avid Flyer

Amd mpw O gpt tp get on the road. See ya there!

ud69
12-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Go Ladies - kick ***