PDA

View Full Version : OMG...Tino POY

Flyer Gramps
11-24-2009, 07:22 PM
PFL Offensive Player of the Year is Steve Valentino. He had the best total yardage because he was second in yardage passing and efficiency but his running even placed him fourth among the leagues rushers.

Besides Steve on the first team offense, OL Tyler Friedrich was named.

Three Flyers were first team defense: Brandon Wingeier, Joe Ries and JJ Vercammen.

Second team honors went to Justin Watkins Kalen Hemmelgarn and Scott Horcher.

Honorable Mention included JMichael Jonard, Justin Griffis and Drew Fumagalli.

Congratulations to all. You guys were terrific!

:banana::banana::beermug::beermug::yay::yay::clap: :clap::):)

DetroitFlyer
11-24-2009, 09:33 PM
I expected Tino to win. Kinda surprised that Andrew Huck did not merit a higher award. I thought he might even be "co" with Tino. Also surprised that JJ did not win for defensive POY. Wes from MSU is good, but I think JJ had the better year.

Overall, a good showing for our Flyers. Congratulations to all of the Flyers honored this season.

UDBrian
11-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Congrats Tino and all of the other STAR recipients!

Now, if they can figure out a way for Tino to defend his title and win the outright championship next season!

jmitch
11-25-2009, 02:52 PM
This is outstanding news. I too am surprised that JJ did not win the defensive POY award, especially given where MSU ended up in the standings. In addition to those honors, Wingeier was named to the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American 2nd team. This is quite an honor as well. Congrats to all of the Flyers for an outstanding season.

San Diego Flyer
11-25-2009, 05:17 PM
I was not informed enough to know how Steve stacked up in the PFL as a candidate for POY, but clearly he saved our bacon at UD this season. Without his grit, determination, and versatility, our other team strengths would have gone for naught.

Congrats to all the Flyers.

Go Flyers. :banana: