PDA

View Full Version : First RPI #27

ud69
10-05-2010, 04:07 PM
http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/2010WSOrpi1.html

UDBrian
10-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm guessing this means that UD needs to win the A10 tournament if they want to dance? But, Chris said this would be the case after losing to OSU

ud69
10-05-2010, 08:34 PM
I have similar thoughts as Chris R regarding our odds for an at-large - especially since we do not play Saint Louis or Charlotte. Actually, #27 is better than I thought we would be and is at-large territory. I expected us to be in the forties. There is a possibility we could win out and lose in the finals to Charlotte (#80) and get an at-large. However, a loss along the way, and another loss in the A-10 tournament would make it difficult indeed. Our remaining conference foes are 28-45-3 - not encouraging. One plus, Saint Louis, who is normally very strong and we do not play, is having a horrendous year at 1-6-5 and 0-2-0 in conference and may not even make the conference tournament.

Right now, the biggest concern is the lack of production from anyone other than Williams. Teams will double and triple mark her out of the match - forcing other players to step up. It remains to be seen if any do.

Chris R
10-05-2010, 10:16 PM
That RPI is a huge dose of good news. It doesnt change the fact that the mission is to still run the table in the A10 since we avoid SLU and Charlotte, and get to the finals to play for the auto bid.

What the RPI means is we still must win out in the regular season I believe, but a loss in the A10 Finals might be enough. The problem is, is the A10 good enough this year to take two teams?? Last year it wasn't and Charlotte was like 15-3-2 or something gaudy. I think the league was stronger last year. SLU has the second best GAA in the league, six shutouts, and is last in the league with one win on the season because they have scored a grand total of three goals. URI and Richmond are also feeding at the bottom.

You can really appreciate the steady job Mike Tucker has done at UD. Every team in the league has been to the top and to the very very bottom in the last few years, except Dayton and Charlotte. But Dayton has been in the Top-6 for like 15 straight years. There is no other program that comes even close to that mark.