PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Thread

MD Flyer Pride
12-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Been tracking the UD vs. OSU volleyball match on gametracker waiting for the hoops game. Wow! The Frericks Center must be going nuts!

Flyers lose the 1st 2 sets and then win the next 2! Tied 2-2.

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2010/ncaa_bracket_DI_volleyball_women.html

Go Flyers!

Flyer 86
12-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Update anyone? Thanks

MD Flyer Pride
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Bummer. Flyers lose in the 5th set (16-14). What a battle to come back two down, though. Great season, Ladies!

Go Flyers!

Lynton
12-04-2010, 08:09 PM
I really feel for the ladies, 11-8 up in the 5th, just not able to stop the OSU come back. A superb season overall, and the season ending game is always a bummer, always. Thanks for continuing to build the Flyer brand in womens volleyball.

flyers 1980
12-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Thank you ladies for an amazing season. It has certainly been our pleasure watching all of you but especially the seniors. You ladies are amazing and I am certain that I am not alone in wishing all of you the best as you continue on with your vocations in life. You should be proud of what you accomplished and never forget......YOU ARE A FLYER for life. God bless each and everyone of you.

Chris R
12-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Tough match. OSUs defense was just too much. Their offense was much quicker and less deliberate too. Gotta tip your cap to them. They deserved the win.

I think part of this match was lost over the past two months playing a bunch of nobodies in the A10. We can play that moonball offense against Fordham and URI, but Big10 teams are just too quick and athletic. They've toughened up on Penn State, Michigan, Purdue, Minny, and Illinois for two months and are used to the quicker faster pace of things. I saw the same thing when the soccer team played OSU in the NCAAs.

The A10 is killing us as far as preparing us for the postseason. It's no fault of anyone in particular,
just a reality. UNI had the same issue against Mizzou. Wonder if a better league would let us freelance in it.

Great season. I know this one stings, but the Bucks earned it. We accomplished a lot of good things this year
We will see what happens next season!
Posted via Mobile Device

UDBrian
12-04-2010, 09:19 PM
We had an 11-8 lead and most of the time I would take the odds of us getting four side outs to win.

I'm glad that ridiculous call in game 4 didn't cost us the match, I think the ref could have overruled that one.