PDA

View Full Version : Flyers 3, Jayhawks 1

ud69
09-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Great win. Kansas was #26 in NSCAA rankings - just a couple of spots ahead of Dayton.

Willie, Owen, and Senoyuit with the goals. Willie,Kenyon, and Mallon with assists. Came back from a 1 goal deficit. Get a win on Sunday and we might be ranked.

Avid Flyer
09-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Don't know Dayton don't seem to handle rankings very well.

UDPride SportsBot
09-09-2011, 10:20 PM
COURTESY OF TOPDRAWERSOCCER.COM

Dayton Spoils KU Soccer's Five-Game Win Streak

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Despite scoring twice as many goals during the second half this season, theUniversity ofKansas soccer team could not muster a comebac...

Chris R
09-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Very good win away from home after a pair of lackluster performances (run of play) at Northwestern (win) and Wisconsin (loss). Kansas had beaten San Diego and USC who usually field strong teams. Their lone loss was in OT to Tennessee (whom we beat in the spring).

This match was played in the rain. Tucker was pretty happy about the play of the back line today in the postgame video. That bodes well.

According to the box score, Melchert played the full 90, her first since the opener at MTSU. However the box says a misplay by the keeper in the 10th minute led to their goal. A couple misplays in the MTSU game sent her to the bench and Boone came in.

I dont think Tucker is happy with the goaltending and is still searching for a permanent answer, but stuck with Melchert this time and saddled her up for the full 90. UD goalkeeping has been a stud position for so long its unusual to see us struggle there. I think its a combination of things including indecision, weak goal kicks, and what I perceive to be a lack of athleticism. Obviously they are searching for answers, but I dont see that over-and-above type talent there that we saw with past stars like Weisenfeld, Deluca, and Reed, or short-lived stars like Sarah West or Tasha Dittamore.

Purdue and CS-Northridge ended up a draw, but a shootout for seeding purposes in the four-team tourney pushed Northridge past Purdue, so we play CS-Northridge who is 1-4-1 on Sunday.

You gotta think we should win this match. We get back to Ohio 6-1, we gotta feel pretty good. I dont think we're close to playing our best soccer. Until we do if we can keep grinding out some wins, that will pay off at NCAA selection time.

No one in the A10 is really lighting it up right now. Charlotte is 2-3-2 and lost 5-0 to #14 Tennessee tonight. Bonnie with our buddy Manoj Khettry might be the next in line in the A10 pecking order after us -- but I dont think we even play SBU this year (dont hold me to that without looking). St. Louis is 1-4.

Really good win today. Best of the season.