PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte game thread

Avid Flyer
11-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Raining in Dayton, both from the sky and in goals.

Halftime UD 4 Char 0

2 goals by Smigel, 1 by Williams, and 1 by Libertin.

Needless to say they came to play....and send a message. With this size lead they should be able to rest players for tomorrow.

NovaFlyer
11-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Arrived with 12 minutes to go in the half, score UD 1-0, left at half, UD 4-0. Sorry, the rain was a bit too much for an older guy.

Way to go team.

UDBrian
11-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I saw that Williams and Mallon had yellow cards. What happened? Are there any penalties if they get another one tomorrow?

ud69
11-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I saw that Williams and Mallon had yellow cards. What happened? Are there any penalties if they get another one tomorrow?

If I read the rule book correctly -

A player may accumulate up to 5 yellow cards during the regular season. Once you hit 5, then you must sit the next game.

However, once you begin post-season play (conference tournaments are considered post-season) you may accumulate 3 additional yellow cards up to a total of eight before having to sit the next game.

From the stats, it looks like this is Willy's first yellow and Mallon' s second yellow - so no sweat. Nobody has more than two and we have not had a red card this year.

I think both Flyer cards tonight were for "dissent" - complaining to the ref about a couple of calls. I will say it was not the best reffed match - either from the referee or the assistant referee on the south side in the first half - missed a major off-side early against Charlotte because he was not in position. The guy in the middle - Scott Johnson - had a set of rabbit ears tonight.