PDA

View Full Version : Sold Out

BeckysTXA
11-29-2007, 12:49 PM
If ya didn't get them -- there gone. 2,400 tickets sold out around noon on Thursday. It's the NCAAs babeeeeee......

DetroitFlyer
11-29-2007, 12:57 PM
I am bummed that I cannot attend. I cannot even imagine he fieldhouse with 2400 fans! 2400 for volleyball, fantastic!!!!! Now all we have to do is win!

BeckysTXA
11-29-2007, 01:06 PM
If I didn't have a ticket -- I'd hang around the center after the first game Friday night and ask to BUY tickets from either Michigan State or Kentucky -- whoever comes up short in the first match will probably not stay to watch the Dayton-Lipscomb match. Nor will they need their ticket for Saturday night. We will beat Lipscomb, so you'll need to pick up a ticket for Saturday night. And you can book your hotel for Madison because were headed to Round 3 this year and a showdown with Nebraska -- compliments of UDBrian who just had to start that chant about a month ago..."We want Nebraska. We want Nebraska."

Two BIG wins this weekend and it will come true.

Chris R
11-29-2007, 01:23 PM
We will beat Lipscomb..

You're scaring me. We will beat them if we play well! Wright State tattooed Xavier earlier in the year. Take no one lightly, survive and advance.

BeckysTXA
11-29-2007, 01:38 PM
I have all the confidence in the world this team will take no one lightly. The coaching staff will have them well prepared for their on-court performance. And, these girls will remember that night at Xavier and be mentally ready to play as well. This is a team ready to take the program to the next level. This is a team that will not over-look anybody or anything to get into the second weekend and a trip to Madison. This is a team focused on knocking down the next opponent, but ready for a weekend of volleyball.

ps - Chris: Nice "Good Luck" & championship banner on the site. Also, I don't remember if "Rita" was in the "dot" -- but it's a very nice touch either way in tribute to a loved Flyer Fan.

UDBrian
11-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Just under the wire. I was going to stop by the ticket office today and instead I faxed my order in this morning.

It looks like I have an extra student ticket as I requested one for my nephew. If anyone is interested in it let me know.

John R
11-29-2007, 04:26 PM
If I didn't have a ticket -- I'd hang around the center after the first game Friday night and ask to BUY tickets from either Michigan State or Kentucky -- whoever comes up short in the first match will probably not stay to watch the Dayton-Lipscomb match. Nor will they need their ticket for Saturday night. We will beat Lipscomb, so you'll need to pick up a ticket for Saturday night. And you can book your hotel for Madison because were headed to Round 3 this year and a showdown with Nebraska -- compliments of UDBrian who just had to start that chant about a month ago..."We want Nebraska. We want Nebraska."

Two BIG wins this weekend and it will come true.

Please please one game at a time.

John R
11-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Just under the wire. I was going to stop by the ticket office today and instead I faxed my order in this morning.

It looks like I have an extra student ticket as I requested one for my nephew. If anyone is interested in it let me know.

Brian all seats are reserved where we normally sit. We have to sit in the upper sections.

UDBrian
11-29-2007, 06:00 PM
It's not FAIR!

By the way my spare ticket has been requested by someone.

Avid Flyer
11-29-2007, 08:04 PM
So what is the capacity of the Frerricks Center now. 2400 is not that big a crowd, thought the filedhouse held over 5k.

Thought had to have a capacity of over 4000 to host the site. If UD sold 2400 and each school got 200 that would be 3000. Would that include the band and red scare?

ud69
11-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Back when we played hoops at the Frericks it held 5880. However, the old end seating was removed and the courtside boxes and seats are gone. All that is left from the Fieldhouse days are the upper seats on each side - probably 24-2500 total. During the season the top dogs had some special cushion removeable courtside seat bleachers - maybe 200 - and there were some temp bleachers on each end(red scare on one end and the pep band on the other) - maybe 250 each.

Most all the floor seats will be gone - my guess is that they will allow the pep bands down there only. Rest of the foor will be media and officials and tournament participants. Minimum to host is 2,000.

stlcardsfan
11-29-2007, 10:17 PM
700 of the 750 available student tickets for the tournament were claimed tonight at the women's basketball game. I'm sure the rest will get taken tomorrow. Frericks is going to be LOUD!

John C.
11-30-2007, 05:54 AM
Great to hear that the Red Scare will be there in force. I was afraid that they might have been left out when the seats went so fast.

BeckysTXA
11-30-2007, 07:58 AM
I read on Red Scare's website that Student Development, the President's Office and the Athletic Department were all pitching in so students did not have to pay for tickets. That is really cool. You wouldn't get that at a larger university and it's really great the student FANS get to experience the NCAAs Tourney just like the players. Kudos to UD for making that happen. And how great is that for the UD team - 1/3 of the crowd will be classmates. Not sure "LOUD" does it justice. It will be off the chart in volumn. And Frericks looks GREAT. The UD facilities staff and Athletic Department have done a great job "putting on the ritz" as they say.

It's GAME DAY and the stage is set. And I know TH will have this team hitting on all cylinders tonight and tomorrow. I give this team a LOT of credit for learning how to win even when they weren't playing well. They know how to grind out a win when they need to. I also give them a lot of credit for knowing the difference between confidence, cockiness and the pressure of expectations. This team is expected to make it through to the Sweet 16. They will not fold to that pressure nor will they overlook anything or any team. This team is smart enough to study film and take from that the confidence they have more talent and have worked harder than the teams they will meet this weekend. BELIEVE in yourself and your teammates. That's who carried you through 32 wins this year and that's what will carry through this weekend -- confidence in your own abilities and your teammates' abilities. Stay focused and BELIEVE IN YOURSELVES! The "mob" at Frericks will be behind you 120%. Enjoy the moment!