PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Schedule

DetroitFlyer
12-07-2007, 09:18 AM
http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/college/ud/2007/12/05/ddn120607pfl.html

In reading the article above in the DDN, I caught the comment that Dayton has 11 games set for 2008. The only game that has been announced is the game where new PFL member Campbell visits Dayton on October 4, 2008. Let's work to fill in the gaps! Now, I some of you can shed some light on this subject....

Of course we have the PFL games, now 8 games with the addition of Campbell. I assume that we also have Central State, ( booooooo ), and Fordham, ( yea!!!!!!!!!!! ) on the schedule. So that makes 10....

2008 is a quirky year in that FCS teams can schedule 12 games, ( normally only 11 are allowed ). I have still not done the work to understand why exactly, but I know it is true. So, who is our 11th game against, and will UD also schedule a 12th game for 2008?

I sure would be open to a "money game" at YSU next year for game #12. Rumor has it that Dayton will only play YSU in a home/home, and not in a "money game". Frankly, the 2007 Flyers would have defeated YSU this season! ( I guess that YSU has taken a page from UD's basketball scheduling philosophy with Wright State, LOL!!!!!

Let's hear it Flyer fans! I know the answers are "out there"!!

Flyer Gramps
12-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Hey DF, there's more than one quirk for you to consider. Year 2008 is a leap year and that extra day in February has pushed August 30th to just two days earlier than we started the 2007 schedule.

So lets assume the Flyer schedule starts on August 30th next year. For some reason the first reports I've seen of the PFL plan takes the last scheduled games all the way to November 22nd. That's 12 days later than this years finale at Drake!

So the quirky calendar invites games to start August 30th and the quirky PFL plans to end on November 22nd (probably because Thanksgiving is the 27th). Hey, that's 13 weeks of possible football!

So with two years of experience in Dayton things for me, I expect there will be 11 games for the Flyers. Also that our season will start on Sept. 6th (not Aug. 30) and there will be a bye week before the tough PFL schedule starts with Campbell!

How's that for a quirky prediction? Three quirks here!