PDA

View Full Version : G. Mason Match

BeckysTXA
10-20-2017, 07:00 PM
Should be a 3-0 sweep. Will be watching our 6-2 setter advancement if we go with 2. Looking for more slides and sets to the Rightside.

UDVBFan
10-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Good sweep. Mason played hard and never quit. Last point was spectacular. Couple of great digs by Westbeld to keep the point alive, and another by Sloan. Big coming out game for Weaver. Heavy arm with some good power. Kendall dented the floor a couple of times. Wow. Amber was her usual stellar self, Bruns hitting for a lot of kills with a good hitting %, and our freshie setter doing well and serving up some nasty aces (Brooke, too). Just a good game all around and nice to take care of business at home.

Will the next George please come forward??

BeckysTXA
10-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Everyone except Peterson and Hubacek played and contributed. It was at the end but you have to love Olivia coming in and getting 3 blocks and Brooke coming up with three great digs, two aces and an assist.

Jamie was out of her sling so that looks like the shoulder is healing, but I'm pretty sure she is out for the year. I didn't see Laura, and haven't for the last couple matches, which you hate for anyone, but especially a senior. I hope her health is ok for the long term. She really helped this program last year when she was healthy.

BeckysTXA
10-20-2017, 08:49 PM
I also want to add that everyone played well, but our three OHs played really, really well. Weaver and Bruins got the most swings and they were crushing it, so they will make the headlines. But, JessSloan probably played the best all-around game tonight. She had 7 digs. Only Margo had more. She had 4 blocks. That is excellent for an OH. And she only had one error in 15 swings, 6 kills while hitting .333 which is excellent for an OH. Two of her kills were probably the best two swings I've ever seen her make. One was a backrow attack she had to hit over the block and drop it in with some pace on it, close to the back line. The other was a sharp cut shot that landed inside the 10' line that no one had a prayer to dig. She also had zero service errors on a night the team had 9 in 3 sets. Great all-around performance.