PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything new the coach wants players to work on?

UDBrian
05-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Has anyone heard if there is anything that the new coach wants the players to work on in the off season that wasn't required by coach Horsmon? Thanks

BeckysTXA
05-10-2008, 08:04 AM
I think it's a little early in the process yet to know. For example, they don't even have their summer schedule yet. KS has been flying solo for most, if not all, of the Spring. The girls had a week of finals, have been home for about a week and a half and come back Sunday night. They know their "lifting" schedule - twice a week, but not the practice schedule yet. My guess is KS and staff got settled in over the last 2 1/2 weeks and when the team gets back a lot more will be in place for the "Sheffield era" and they will be organized to move full-speed ahead. Between interviewing assistants, finding a place to live, setting up practices, a couple Spring tournaments, etc, KS has been stretched pretty thin. April had to be brutal. I'm surprised the team is as far along as they are... just a testament to the young ladies we have wearing Flyer Red and Blue, and their commitment to wanting to take this program to the next level. This summer they can get down to working on individual improvement and what they are going to accomplish as a team offensively and defensively.

Lynton
05-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Oh yes: beat Xavier in Cincy:) Beat Xavier in Frericks; Beat Xavier, period:)

UDBrian
05-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Beat Xavier three times this year, beat St Louis three times this year.

What you said about the schedule is true. I wouldn't doubt that in the past two weeks the staff has looked at a lot of tape so they can make more exact recommendations.

Too bad KS didn't keep a diary in his first four weeks on the job, it would have been an interesting read. Of course that would have been another task added to a huge workload.