PDA

View Full Version : Another Exhibition

BeckysTXA
05-23-2008, 07:41 PM
I just popped out to the fall schedule -- was going to count up how may weeks to the Alumni match and low and behold they have ADDED another exhibition match before the season starts. Calling it the RED AND BLUE MATCH -- on August 16th at 8:30 pm. I don't know for sure, but with that late of a start it might be RED SCARE motivated event. KS is on record as wanting to see 2000 fans at home matches, so he might be planning a big promotion or something to kick off the season???? Anyway, only 12 WEEKS till the Red and Blue Match!

UDBrian
05-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Maybe they will have a cookout like the football team had for their spring game. Does the team begin official practice four weeks before the first official match?

UDFlyer20
05-25-2008, 12:25 AM
the only problem with the August 16th game being a Red Scare event is that almost all upperclass students will not move in until Monday the 18th (freshmen move in on the 16th). However, I know I will be on campus and at the game regardless :)

BeckysTXA
05-25-2008, 07:46 AM
UDBrian - I'm not sure what the "official" rule is -- but that's approximately correct. Last year the recruits were asked to attend TH's Team Camp, then they had approximately a week and a half back at home before arriving for training camp. This year that Team Camp ends July 20th. KS also has a Skills Camp scheduled thru July 23. First match is August 29th. I would anticipate training camp starting somewhere around July 29th. Also popped out to Maryland's website and TH's Team Camp ends July 21. If he set up the same schedule, training camp would begin sometime around July 28th - 31st.