PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate

UDBrian
08-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I received a message from a prominent member of Red Scare. They are going to have a cookout with guest speakers on September 5th. This sounds like a great day to have a tailgate since there will be a lot going on and UD doesn't play until 7pm.
We had talked about having it in between games on September 6th but with Red Scare having their event on the 5th this might be a great time.

What does everyone think?

Chris R
08-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Let me know if I can help. There are no soccer games at Baujan Field that weekend so the volleyball team gets full billing. If the weather is good I could bring the money pit and pass out a few shirts. Have someone contact me if they are interested. Otherwise Ill just show up under the radar and eat all the food.

John R
08-16-2008, 08:03 AM
I received a message from a prominent member of Red Scare. They are going to have a cookout with guest speakers on September 5th. This sounds like a great day to have a tailgate since there will be a lot going on and UD doesn't play until 7pm.
We had talked about having it in between games on September 6th but with Red Scare having their event on the 5th this might be a great time.

What does everyone think?

Sounds great to me. Count me in.

Will Chris R be one of the guest speakers?

UDBrian
08-16-2008, 08:50 AM
The guest speakers will be for Red Scare but I am sure we will be able to listen. :) I would guess that it would be members of the athletic department. Chris is certainly welcome to speak if he likes but I don't have the materials to set that up.

Should we keep it simple with burgers, dogs and baked beans? I have been thinking about doing some pulled pork where I just need to keep the meat warm on the grill. There are a lot of options depending upon the number of people. I made pizza on the grill last week and it was trememendous. If anyone wanted to just bring food and throw it on the grill that would also be ok, shrimp cabobs or fillets...

John R
08-16-2008, 11:13 AM
The guest speakers will be for Red Scare but I am sure we will be able to listen. :) I would guess that it would be members of the athletic department. Chris is certainly welcome to speak if he likes but I don't have the materials to set that up.

Should we keep it simple with burgers, dogs and baked beans? I have been thinking about doing some pulled pork where I just need to keep the meat warm on the grill. There are a lot of options depending upon the number of people. I made pizza on the grill last week and it was trememendous. If anyone wanted to just bring food and throw it on the grill that would also be ok, shrimp cabobs or fillets...

Baked beans? You might want to think about that. LOL

Hey Brian are you going tonight?

UDBrian
08-16-2008, 11:42 AM
John, I plan on being there tonight. Yesterday it looked like I wouldn't make it.

I should add that Brats are a necessity. And what would be wrong with 1500 fans in the Frerick's Center who dined on baked beans? :) Ok, the beans are out...

UDBrian
08-16-2008, 11:05 PM
After speaking to someone else we are going to keep this pretty simple, hot dogs, brats and pulled pork. Will probably buy some chips to go with that. Any thoughts? It is possible that I might bring a pizza crust or two with me but that will be the general menu.

I will need some type of estimate several days before the 5th so that I can purchase enough food. Any suggestions on the best way to let people know? I wonder if it would be better for the players to tell their families/friends.

UDBrian
08-20-2008, 09:55 AM
I will need some feedback on the tailgate within a week on who else might attend. You can post here or send me a private message, emails aren't safe since I receive a bunch of junk emails

UDBrian
08-30-2008, 08:52 PM
I thought of a good skill game for the tailgate but need to think about how to implement it. I think we should place a basket about 15' from a contestant and toss them the ball. Their goal is to pass the ball into the basket which should be about the size of a basketball hoop to simulate what is expected in a game. Maybe Chris could give away a UD Pride t shirt to the first 2-3 winners???