PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Fields

Swampy Meadows
09-07-2008, 10:53 AM
In my latest FTS, I included a highly critical MB post on BG target Anthony Fields of MI. In the interest of fair play, here is a rebuttal--a highlight video of Fields from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lde3b6dezzE

My thanks to Jamal Richards of We Fly High Ballers:

http://www.freewebs.com/michiganballers/

for sending me the link.

UDF4N4LIF3
09-07-2008, 11:46 AM
That would be GREAT if BG got Fields. With 4 more Schollys it could be good to be a UD fan... We have the makings of haveing the best 2010 Class in school history

Juwan Staten (Commited) 4 STAR PG

Adreian Payne (High Interest) 5 STAR C

Patric Young (Mid Interest) 4 STAR PF

Anthony Fields (Mid Interest) Don't have ratings on him for Rivals yet....

Aaron Cosby (Mid Interest) 3 STAR SG

IAFlyer
09-07-2008, 11:57 AM
That would be GREAT if BG got Fields. With 4 more Schollys it could be good to be a UD fan... We have the makings of haveing the best 2010 Class in school history

Technically, it would be only 2010 class in school history - just teasing!!:D

UDF4N4LIF3
09-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Technically, it would be only 2010 class in school history - just teasing!!:D

haha :D

The Fat Tuna
09-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Judging only on the YouTube highlight tape, I am not overly impressed. Of course, he may only be recruited as a backup, so it might be ok. And he is only a soph. I say keep an eye on him through his junior year and see how he does, no big boys will offer him any time soon in my opinion unless he absolutely blew up over the summer.

On a side note, Lake Orion, not known for being a basketball powerhouse by any means, has another guy on that film that likes to dunk....wow, some pretty amazing and surprising dunks from (#30??).

Swampy Meadows
09-07-2008, 04:15 PM
FT:

That would be Drew Maynard, who is headed to BG's alma mater Oakland U.

I saw Drew play in a HS All-Star game with Paul Williams and he's a nice player: 6'6" can stroke the three and as you saw on the video, can jump thru the roof.

I'm gonna have to MapQuest my way to Southeastern HS this winter to see Fields play. It woulda been easier if he had stayed at LO, as they play Birmingham Groves, right down the street from me.

Binnie Bombs 33
09-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Get to the Ncaa tournament and win ... then I can care about 2027 recruits with 8 stars.

Gazoo
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Not highly impressed but he is young

Fudd
09-07-2008, 10:32 PM
I like the way he can come up with steals. If we really want to be a running team, (and I'm not sure we do), we have to be able to put a ton of pressure on the ball and force turnovers.

UDBrian
09-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Maybe I am too easily impressed. He hit floaters, hit shots dribbling to his right, hit shots dribbing to his left, hit some long three pointers, he will take it all the way to the hoop. He is a ball hawk on defense and made some nice passes. The key with him to me is athletic ability (quickness and speed) and how does he play against a top talent. If he has the athletic ability I don't see anything to be afraid of.

Flyer'95
09-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Just looking at his body it seems he's got some big tires. His feet make me think he'll grow another three inches or so before he's done. I liked some of his looks while he penetrated and i liked that he had a solid shot. Who knows what we're NOT seeing in clips like this. But it's also hard to know the caliber of teams and players he's up against. He had some good instincts though in some of those moments.

flyguy
09-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Nice looking shot but it's so tough to judge quickness from a video like this. The speed of D1 college ball is so much faster than anything on this video. Who knows what his quickness will look like when he's matched up against the big guys.

If BG sees something in him, I'm going to have to assume he knows what he's doing as he is bringing in some big time talent right now.