PDA

View Full Version : Next up.... Drake

DetroitFlyer
10-08-2008, 08:40 AM
When it comes to rivalries in the PFL, Drake and Dayton are always in the discussion. I think that if you asked five fans who Dayton's biggest "rival" was, you just might get five answers. Certainly Morehead State is a rival, San Diego has become a rival, Butler is a rival, and of course Drake is in the mix.... If I had to rate rivals today, my list would look as follows:

1. San Diego.
2. Morehead State
3. Drake
4. Butler

Drake and Dayton is ALWAYS a tough game, regardless of the records.... Drake has had the misfortune of having three head coaches in three years. It is virtually impossible to have great results with that kind of churn. Still, Drake has some talent, and they will give the Flyers everything they can handle if we are not sharp.

Perhaps two keys to the game would be:

1. Can Rob stop throwing interceptions and get more of his passes on target?
2. Can Ben Shappie continue to provide the Flyers with a respectable running game?

Hard to say.... Rob threw three interceptions against the worst team in all of FCS. Ben has put up numbers on Duquesne and the worst team in FCS. Last week, Albany's star running back, (David McCarty), went for over 200 on Duquesne....

I kind of expect our offense to continue its struggles, but hopefully a good effort by the defense keeps us in the game, and we pull out an important PFL win on Saturday.

smitch425
10-08-2008, 08:52 AM
We need to run the ball 70% or more of the time. We have the players to do it and the passing game just isn't reliable enough right now. Especially no passes in the red zone!!!Shap's game last week was a clear indication of what we can get done on the ground, and 5 INT in the last two games is a clear indication of our air game. If our defense continues to play as well as usual and we run the ball more, I don't see why we can't win the rest of the season.

DetroitFlyer
10-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Dayton:

http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/dayt/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release

Drake:

http://www.godrakebulldogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=71156&SPID=8123&ATCLID=1598146&DB_OEM_ID=15700

Not exactly "game notes" for Drake, but close....

FLORIDAFLYER
10-11-2008, 02:08 PM
don't have the answer, but what we are doing is not working against good teams. Must not be too much behind RF, given that he is still our guy. Rob has heart, but the offense just doesn't go against a capable team. One TD against the Dukes and zip so far today(Campbell doesn't count). But it still is only 3-zip so we are in it.

Lurking Dog
10-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Flyers pulled away for the victory. Put #19 at quarterback full-time, and I believe you'll be unbeatable the rest of the way.