PDA

View Full Version : DDN-Gregory looks forward to getting practice started

lhsgolf19
10-09-2008, 12:56 AM
http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/college/ud/2008/10/09/ddn100908spinside.html

Not only is he excited but I think we all are too!! 16 Days till the Red-Blue Scrimmage!!!

smitch425
10-09-2008, 08:52 AM
I was wondering how they were going to start the Red/Blue game at 11 and be totally done by the time the football game starts, but it appears that the autographs will be at 10 am. Does anyone have any inside info on the happenings of the day? I have not yet seen anything in regards to promotional items, donuts, football vouchers, etc. Also, are the women not having their scrimmage this year??? Whats up with that?!:eek:

UDBrian
10-09-2008, 09:30 AM
If I remember correctly the donuts were available early, first come first serve. The women's team had their scrimmage at 9 am and the men's autographs were from 10-10:30 prior to the women's session ending.

I haven't heard whether there will be Krispie Kreme donuts again with milk. That is important if you are bringing kids. I believe the men's session ended about 12:30, in time for the football game.

smitch425
10-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Yes, I recall that being last year's format as well, but there is nothing listed on the women's schedule and nothing has been officially announced. Last year the donuts were for the first 500 fans and flags to the first 2000(?-or maybe everyone). Hopefully they will give us more info soon. Bring on the donuts please!!! Krispie Kremes are yumtastic!:D

UDBrian
10-09-2008, 02:37 PM
The women will not be scrimmaging the morning of the REd/Blue game, they will only be introduced according to the sports information group. Other than that I guess we will wait for the official press release of times.

It is probable that coach doesn't want to spend a practice scrimmaging at this time when he is teaching so many new players his system. Guess we will need to get our first look at them in their exhibilitions.

Gilchrist's Autograph 2
10-09-2008, 11:10 PM
What did Gregory mean by "new roles" for Warren, Huelsman and Little? Did he simply mean their status as upper classmen or will they have new roles on the team? I'm probably reading into it too much.

UDFlyer20
10-10-2008, 01:26 AM
I was wondering how they were going to start the Red/Blue game at 11 and be totally done by the time the football game starts, but it appears that the autographs will be at 10 am. Does anyone have any inside info on the happenings of the day? I have not yet seen anything in regards to promotional items, donuts, football vouchers, etc. Also, are the women not having their scrimmage this year??? Whats up with that?!:eek:

I would assume the women are not having a scrimmage due to the fact they probably don't have enough healththy players on their roster to field 2 teams :(

Gazoo
10-10-2008, 03:29 PM
What did Gregory mean by "new roles" for Warren, Huelsman and Little? Did he simply mean their status as upper classmen or will they have new roles on the team? I'm probably reading into it too much.

I had the same reaction then decided I was reading too much into it.

Flyer 86
10-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I had the same reaction then decided I was reading too much into it.

must be that they are upperclassmen now. providing more vocal leadership perhaps?

San Diego Flyer
10-11-2008, 10:42 AM
must be that they are upperclassmen now. providing more vocal leadership perhaps?

That's exactly what I got out of it. Leadership. but it also speaks volumes about BG's expectations for Warren in particular. I hope London is up for it.

I can't see how Gregory could ask for any of them to take on a new functional role when their old ones are still a work-in-process.