PDA

View Full Version : Heading out to Dayton

Avid Flyer
12-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Okay I've shuffled and reshuffled my schedule to make it to the NCAA tourney. Booked two nights at a hotel to see the ladies win the first and second round of the NCAA vball tourney at the Frericks Center.

Picking up my brother on the way and hoping to see smitch415 and family as well as UDBrian up in the stands. Save us a seat:D.

Lets go Flyers!!!

UDBrian
12-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Great, see you there!

BeckysTXA
12-05-2008, 09:43 AM
I just talked to the ticket office to see how sales were going. Report is VERY WELL. As of 9:30 am Friday morning they are not sold out, but the lady said it will be a BIG CROWD.

So all you fans who are going, you need to pick up the phone today and round up another person or 2 or 3 to go with you. The team's going to show up big time and play really inspired volleyball. You all know these girls worked very hard all year trying to overcome being young, inexperienced and with so many key-player injuries making this tournament was almost impossible. But not for this team of young ladies. They have both guts and heart to have made it this far. This is the time for them to shine and take it to the next level. They need a strong Dayton fan base at Frerricks BOTH Friday and Saturday. They want to show this season might have been tough, but they are tougher and can finish as well as or better than last year's magical season. So get on the phone and help sell this thing out!!!! The team needs your support. Thanks!

p.s. The NCAA was so impressed by Dayton's hosting last year and our ticket sales that of course they wanted to do everything possible to get the Dance back in Dayton. It's easy when you're 32-1 and ranked nationally at #12 to sell out. How impressed will the Committee be if we can do the same when UD is a bubble team with 12 losses? All you local UD sports fans have a HUGE OPPORTUNITY to further advance ALL Flyer sports in the minds of ALL NCAA selection committees in the future by doing whatever you can to help SELL OUT this weekend. If we can do that, hosting the Final Four Volleyball Championship in the near future can become a reality. And that will say a lot to future recruits considering UD - all this is related and it builds the program. Don't overlook this great opportunity to help this program continue to grow nationally. Start rounding up friends, family and co-workers and get them to the match TONIGHT!!!! The girls are going to do their part and WIN. It will be WILD and whoever you recruit to come will have a GREAT TIME. Go Flyers!!!!

udisit19
12-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Start rounding up friends, family and co-workers and get them to the match TONIGHT!!!!

And don't just come to the game. BE LOUD! The Red Scare, as always, hopes the rest of the crowd will join us in being the 7th Woman at the game!

Can't Wait For Tonight!

smitch425
12-05-2008, 10:28 AM
We will be there tonight, but if (or dare I say WHEN) we win, we won't be there tomorrow. We'll be in Akron for the basketball game. We will try to cheer enough tonight to make up for missing tomorrow night!:D