UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2018 Transfer Market (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31884)

OSU Flyer 02-14-2018 04:28 PM

2018 Transfer Market

@coreyevans_10
Georgetown guard Tre Campbell has been given his release to transfer, per source; will graduate and immediately be eligible next year as a grad-transfer

Played for Anthony Solomon at Georgetown. Sat out this year with an injury. Didn't put up great numbers throughout his career with the Hoyas but he's battled injuries.

Considering the state of the bench he could be a good depth guy for a year

DallasFlyer 02-14-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 536833)
@coreyevans_10
Georgetown guard Tre Campbell has been given his release to transfer, per source; will graduate and immediately be eligible next year as a grad-transfer

Played for Anthony Solomon at Georgetown. Sat out this year with an injury. Didn't put up great numbers throughout his career with the Hoyas but he's battled injuries.

Considering the state of the bench he could be a good depth guy for a year

On the one hand, this dude scored 21 points (5 for 7 from three!) to pretty much beat then #5 ranked Xavier single-handedly on Jan. 19, 2016. That game was at Xavier.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=400840264

On the other hand, Tre Campbell did virtually nothing else his entire career.

So I guess it all depends on which hand I'm looking at. It's kind of fun to look at the one that smacked the crap out of Xavier though.

OSU Flyer 02-14-2018 05:06 PM

one year scholarship, if he could play 5-10 minutes off the bench without turning the ball over that'd be win after this year

rollo 02-15-2018 08:41 AM

We need Wright State center Loudon Love to graduate ASAP and transfer to UD. I know he's only a freshman, but....

FWIW, how did that kid get a visit to WSU without UD at least informally and unofficially talking to him? I know he was injured as a senior...but he's a Royal stud.

OSU Flyer 02-15-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollo (Post 537073)
We need Wright State center Loudon Love to graduate ASAP and transfer to UD. I know he's only a freshman, but....

FWIW, how did that kid get a visit to WSU without UD at least informally and unofficially talking to him? I know he was injured as a senior...but he's a Royal stud.

He might end up giving up basketball to be a tackle

steve 02-15-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

We need Wright State center Loundon Love to graduate ASAP and transfer to UD. I know he's only a freshman, but....

FWIW, how did that kid get a visit to WSU without UD at least informally and unofficially talking to him? He's a stud.

He was being recruited hard by Nagy while he was at SDSU.....He also was a better HS football player but tore up his knee his senior year. Gave him time to lose almost 30 pounds while RS last year..

ClaytonFlyerFan 02-15-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

He was only a 2 star recruit at best and he was not being recruited by Duke and Kentucky. Can you imagine the melt down on this board if we stooped so low as to recruit someone who only Wright State and South Dakota State was interested in? Results mean nothing, its all about the stars....pay attention

rollo 02-15-2018 09:02 AM

Who needs to have a conversation with a 6'9" 270 lb 2-star when you have Sam Miller frequenting MILF-loaded Beavercreek dive-bars and Kostas Atapotapenko and Jordan Piece signed, sealed and delivered? Oh, and with a virtual consensus regarding Atapotapenko being a 1-amd-done, I guess it's understandable that Archie wouldn't be paying attention...and why would he? He was already working on his next gig.

TommyGola 02-15-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

I agree, King Rollo, he is one of the best young centers I have seen this year. But what amazes me is this - so many teams we play, including the D-2 exhibition teams, have good big men. Why is it that we cannot nail down big men? This is one of our most serious needs this year.

San Diego Flyer 02-15-2018 09:36 AM

Well, if DD was available as a transfer this year, just looking at his stats and highlight clips, how many here would take him? Not knowing any more than that, I think most would. Most would take him over Vee Sanford.

He would be a major get for some club that had several veteran point guards because DD would not have to ever take more than one dribble.

This transfer thingy is a crap shoot. Staton's transfer to WV ended up boosting the morale of two teams.

Just sayin'. You just don't know.

OSU Flyer 02-15-2018 09:39 AM

Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky, Cal Santa Barbara, Boise State and VCU all got impact grad transfers last year so there's certainly an opportunity to upgrade the roster

DallasFlyer 02-15-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollo (Post 537081)
Who needs to have a conversation with a 6'9" 270 lb 2-star when you have Sam Miller frequenting MILF-loaded Beavercreek dive-bars and Kostas Atapotapenko and Jordan Piece signed, sealed and delivered? Oh, and with a virtual consensus regarding Atapotapenko being a 1-amd-done, I guess it's understandable that Archie wouldn't be paying attention...and why would he? He was already working on his next gig.

Atapotapenko!!!

Did you just turn Kostas Antetokoumpo into former Wright State great Vitaly Potapenko?

Not a one and done, but at least one of those guys was an NBA lottery pick.

rollo 02-15-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer (Post 537105)
Atapotapenko!!!

Did you just turn Kostas Antetokoumpo into former Wright State great Vitaly Potapenko?

Yup. Wishful thinking.

San Diego Flyer 02-15-2018 10:01 AM

Begging for some bench help

We need a build-a-bench app.

Hopefully Obidiah Toppin will be able to spell Landers effectively. He could be the player we thought X was going to be this year.

Cohill can fill DD's role and maybe play some point. The other 4 starters are fine.

What we need off the bench is some beef. I hope it's in the plan somewhere.

When you look for transfers, think muscle.

I posted this twice because building the bench deserves twice the urgency.

OSU Flyer 02-15-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer (Post 537107)

Hopefully Obidiah Toppin will be able to spell Landers effectively. He could be the player we thought X was going to be this year.

Cohill can fill DD's role and maybe play some point. The other 4 starters are fine.

What we need off the bench is some beef. I hope it's in the plan somewhere.

When you look for transfers, think muscle.

I posted this twice because building the bench deserves twice the urgency.

Finding depth guys on the grad transfer market is eminently doable

MNFats 02-15-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 537108)
Finding depth guys on the grad transfer market is eminently doable

I could be wrong, but a lot of the grad-transfer guys aren't looking to be depth on an A-10 team. If they are looking to leave their current team it's usually for playing time or a chance to win.

I'm not sure a bench role on our team will seem that appealing. If we get a grad-transfer - my guess is it will be a post player who can get some big minutes.

OSU Flyer 02-15-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNFats (Post 537113)
I could be wrong, but a lot of the grad-transfer guys aren't looking to be depth on an A-10 team. If they are looking to leave their current team it's usually for playing time or a chance to win.

I'm not sure a bench role on our team will seem that appealing. If we get a grad-transfer - my guess is it will be a post player who can get some big minutes.

look at the situation here.

If you're a guy like Tre Campbell for instance who got mentioned earlier in the thread. With what he's shown so far he's transferring way down if he wants a guaranteed 30 minutes a night and to be the "guy".

AG is willing to start 4 guards we lose DD. There's no depth right now and plenty of minutes to earn off of the bench. He very reasonably could see a chance to come in compete for a starting job or be the first guard off the bench. That very well could be more compelling then a more sure starting spot getting 30 minutes a game for Maryland Eastern Shore.

Right now the chance is there for someone to come in, compete and earn some major minutes

DallasFlyer 02-15-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer (Post 537107)

Comparing Obadiah, Xeyrius and Landers interesting.

XEYRIUS
Going into this season, we were excited about Xeyrius based off his ability to do two things as a sophomore - very good perimeter shooting (41.5% from 3!) and rebounding (4.8 per game). My concern with Xeyrius going into the season was that he was a bit of a blackhole, a 3 point chucker, who offered little else on offense. Besides his shooting, he doesn't really possess any guard-like skills. His height and quick release allows him to shoot over guys. So that's what he does. And it's all he's ever done. This goes back to high school where as a late bloomer he averaged 11.8 points and 9.9 rebounds a game as a senior at Wayne.

LANDERS
Trey Landers has a much more well rounded game than Xeyrius. A true tweener at 6-4, Trey can't just be content to shoot over guys like Xeyrius. His height would dictate he's a guard, and he has guard like skills. He can penetrate and create offense. But he's built like a tank, strong enough to finish at the rim. And strong enough to bang with forwards. At Wayne, as a senior, he averaged 16.4 points, 7.3 rebounds and 3.5 assists. Thus far into his sophomore campaign at Dayton, he's averaging 9.9 points, 5 rebounds and 1.8 assists and 1 steal per game.

OBADIAH
Like Xeyrius, Obadiah was a late bloomer. He was 6-foot-2 as a high school junior, 6-foot-5 as a senior and is now 6-foot-8. Basically this is a guy who thought he was a guard,only to wake up in a forward's body. Toppin averaged 17 points, eight rebounds and four assists during his final prep season at Mount Zion. Compare those numbers to that of Landers, and they are almost identical to Landers senior numbers at Wayne.

CONCLUSION
If you're hoping that Obadiah can fill in for Landers, I don't think that's delusional thinking. There's hope there.

OSU Flyer 02-15-2018 03:39 PM

Rashad Anthony is a depth guy who left Seton Hall to go to St. Louis

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...rashed-anthony

SeasonTicketFan 02-15-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer (Post 537120)
Comparing Obadiah, Xeyrius and Landers interesting.

XEYRIUS
Going into this season, we were excited about Xeyrius based off his ability to do two things as a sophomore - very good perimeter shooting (41.5% from 3!) and rebounding (4.8 per game). My concern with Xeyrius going into the season was that he was a bit of a blackhole, a 3 point chucker, who offered little else on offense. Besides his shooting, he doesn't really possess any guard-like skills. His height and quick release allows him to shoot over guys. So that's what he does. And it's all he's ever done. This goes back to high school where as a late bloomer he averaged 11.8 points and 9.9 rebounds a game as a senior at Wayne.

LANDERS
Trey Landers has a much more well rounded game than Xeyrius. A true tweener at 6-4, Trey can't just be content to shoot over guys like Xeyrius. His height would dictate he's a guard, and he has guard like skills. He can penetrate and create offense. But he's built like a tank, strong enough to finish at the rim. And strong enough to bang with forwards. At Wayne, as a senior, he averaged 16.4 points, 7.3 rebounds and 3.5 assists. Thus far into his sophomore campaign at Dayton, he's averaging 9.9 points, 5 rebounds and 1.8 assists and 1 steal per game.

OBADIAH
Like Xeyrius, Obadiah was a late bloomer. He was 6-foot-2 as a high school junior, 6-foot-5 as a senior and is now 6-foot-8. Basically this is a guy who thought he was a guard,only to wake up in a forward's body. Toppin averaged 17 points, eight rebounds and four assists during his final prep season at Mount Zion. Compare those numbers to that of Landers, and they are almost identical to Landers senior numbers at Wayne.

CONCLUSION
If you're hoping that Obadiah can fill in for Landers, I don't think that's delusional thinking. There's hope there.

Toppin has a very different body type than Landers. Toppin is much taller and Landers appears much stronger.

DallasFlyer 02-15-2018 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan (Post 537196)
Toppin has a very different body type than Landers. Toppin is much taller and Landers appears much stronger.

Absolutely. Toppin is built like Xeyrius. Landers is built like a bulldog. But what I find encouraging about Toppin is that he has a well-rounded game. In that sense, he is more similar to Landers. Toppin and Landers play differently, but stuff the stat sheet similarly if that makes any sense.

Best way I can explain is with the following scenario... One defender stands between said player and the rim. What happens?

Toppin: tries to jump over the dude and dunk
Landers: tries to go right through the dude and dunk
Xeyrius: Shoots a three

San Diego Flyer 02-16-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan (Post 537196)

But IMO they can both make it work. The functionality can be achieved. Just like we can replace DD's numbers, Pollard's numbers et.al. Similar approach, different bodies.

OSU Flyer 02-17-2018 04:20 PM

South Carolina guard Kory Holden is leaving the program. Former Delaware transfer scored just 47 points in 14 games this season after averaging 17.7 at Delaware

Flyer68 02-18-2018 09:30 AM

So Holden went from being a Blue Hen to a Gamecock. That did not go well. Maybe he should find a team known as the "eggs" and start all over.

If he could not make it at South Carolina, what makes us think he will be good for us. I would rather build on what we have now than a player doing his second transfer.

OSU Flyer 02-18-2018 09:55 AM

I don't think we necessarily need a star or an all conference player. We need depth at guard in the worst way. Someone who can play 10-15 minutes off the bench maybe provide some scoring and not be a net negative when he's in the game is major asset to the roster.

Holden takes up a scholarship for a year so there's no long term commitment. He was injured much of the year for SC but there's evidence from Delaware he can play. Best case scenario he finds his form from Delaware, worst case he can play some minutes off the bench and give the team more than Crosby or Westerfield did.

Ideally next year Westerfield or a walk won't be playing in the first half of a game and Cutch/Landers/J. Davis won't play close to 40 minutes a night or more in OT.

Right now it's Cohill and that's it for next year. A grad transfer takes up a scholarship for a year so it's low risk in terms of being stuck with someone. Presumably after 3-4 years in college basketball they'll be ahead of a freshman defensively and more capable of hitting the ground running

OSU Flyer 02-18-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNFats (Post 537113)

Ryan Bass is a perfect example of this. He's exactly the kind of one year rental that could pay off next year

DallasFlyer 02-18-2018 10:11 AM

Dayton is going to have significant scholarships to give. Holden would be a good addition. With the relationship Frank Martin at South Carolina has with Anthony Grant, I am sure Martin would put in a good word.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buckleyma 02-18-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 537718)
Ryan Bass is a perfect example of this. He's exactly the kind of one year rental that could pay off next year

Ryan Bass is not a good example of a transfer that worked out. I believe that our best transfer was Dave Colbert from Cleveland State (84’ to 86’).
Posted via Mobile Device

OSU Flyer 02-18-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckleyma (Post 537729)
Ryan Bass is not a good example of a transfer that worked out. I believe that our best transfer was Dave Colbert from Cleveland State (84’ to 86’).
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, he got hurt but he's a grad transfer who came here with the expectation that he probably wouldn't start and be a role player

OSU Flyer 02-26-2018 07:02 PM

From the STL board

Quote:

There's talk of 6'10" Nick Mayo leaving Eastern Kentucky as a graduate transfer, now that his coach is gone.
18ppg 6.7rpg 2.2apg .526 FG% .839FT% .446 3pt%

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...tucky-colonels

Flyer 86 02-27-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 540064)
From the STL board

18ppg 6.7rpg 2.2apg .526 FG% .839FT% .446 3pt%

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...tucky-colonels

umm..... HELL YES :)

T-Bone 84 02-27-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyer68 (Post 537709)
So Holden went from being a Blue Hen to a Gamecock. That did not go well. Maybe he should find a team known as the "eggs" and start all over...

Eggs...avi...

Oh, never mind! :D

Buckleyma 02-27-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyer 86 (Post 540137)
umm..... HELL YES :)

Concur, this guy’s bio sounds great. He is a junior; so only one year left? Video shows a guy similar to what we all hoped that Sam Miller could have become. Not a leader. A little slow footed. But would be a nice addition to the team. Scores a lot in smaller conference.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buckleyma 02-27-2018 05:46 PM

Typo meant not a leaper.
Posted via Mobile Device

maddog07 02-27-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckleyma (Post 537729)
Posted via Mobile Device

Siebert might challenge.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lifelong Flyer Fan 02-27-2018 07:11 PM

Sibert

OSU Flyer 02-27-2018 10:03 PM

Mayo had 19 & 10 vs Ole Miss, 15 & 9 against Oregon State. Put over 20 against Belmont and Murray State, the two best teams in the conference

OSU Flyer 02-28-2018 07:11 AM

http://georgiabasketballblog.com/pos...-19-hot-board/

Possible Graduate Transfers for 2018-19 Hot Board

Buckleyma 02-28-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 540214)
http://georgiabasketballblog.com/pos...-19-hot-board/

Possible Graduate Transfers for 2018-19 Hot Board

OSUFlyer: The writer puts his name as “HeckwithTech”? Since the writer is not even using his name, does this fact put this article in the total imagination /rumor mill territory?
Posted via Mobile Device

rollo 02-28-2018 09:07 AM

I would like to remind all my UDPride minions that in order to be a Grad Transfer the player in mind has to graduate.

Some will...and they have multiple options.

Some will be close...and have 2 options.

Some won't.

Josh is in 1 of those categories. :confused: ;)

Marysville Flyer 02-28-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollo (Post 540230)
I would like to remind all my UDPride minions that in order to be a Grad Transfer the player in mind has to graduate.

Some will...and they have multiple options.

Some will be close...and have 2 options.

Some won't.

Josh is in 1 of those categories. :confused: ;)

Hmm - am I reading too much in between the wide lines you provided between listed options in regards to Josh?
Posted via Mobile Device

OSU Flyer 03-01-2018 06:27 PM

@VerbalCommits
USC Upstate G Mike Cunningham (RS JR) is leaving the program. Eligible to play immediately. (HT @TelanteWebber)

6' foot guard out of D.C. Scored over 1,000 points in 3 seasons.

13.7ppg, 2.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.4 turnovers ppg. .382% from 3

jack72 03-01-2018 06:31 PM

Want some risk? Jalek Felton, freshman guard at UNC, has withdrawn from school. He has been on suspension for undisclosed reasons.

"Felton averaged 9.7 minutes in 22 games for coach Roy Williams in Chapel Hill and averaged 2.1 points. He was a top 30 recruit nationally in the class of 2017."

OSU Flyer 03-01-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack72 (Post 540740)
Want some risk? Jalek Felton, freshman guard at UNC, has withdrawn from school. He has been on suspension for undisclosed reasons.

"Felton averaged 9.7 minutes in 22 games for coach Roy Williams in Chapel Hill and averaged 2.1 points. He was a top 30 recruit nationally in the class of 2017."

wonder what the suspension was for

OSU Flyer 03-01-2018 06:36 PM

@Phenom_Hoops
2h2 hours ago
More
6'6 Wing Malik Moore has requested his release from USC-Upstate

As a junior this season Moore averaged 13.5 Points, 44% FG, 6.1 Rebounds & 2.4 Assists per Game

Will sit a year with 1-year to play
#PhenomHoops #NCTop80

UD62 03-01-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 540741)
wonder what the suspension was for

I believe he was caught actually attending class.

Falcon7 03-02-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UD62 (Post 540748)
I believe he was caught actually attending class.

Last guy you would want! Clearly basketball is not a priority...

OSU Flyer 03-05-2018 03:05 PM

@VerbalCommits
Samford F/C Wyatt Walker is leaving the program. Grad transfer with two years of eligibility.

6'9 240 out of Jacksonville. Aaveraged 12.9 points and 9.7 rebounds as a sophomore

Quote:

Against New Mexico State – who made the NCAA tournament last year – Walker finished the game with 11 points and 14 rebounds on 5-fo-9 shooting from the field. Against Cincinnati, he finished with 11 points and 11 rebounds on 4-of-9 shooting from the field. Against Saint Louis, he finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds.

San Diego Flyer 03-05-2018 05:35 PM

Now that's the model that could really help us. I wish.

T-Bone 84 03-05-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 541644)
@VerbalCommits
Samford F/C Wyatt Walker is leaving the program. Grad transfer with two years of eligibility.

6'9 240 out of Jacksonville. Aaveraged 12.9 points and 9.7 rebounds as a sophomore

Nice find, OSU Flyer! He’s got the size and statistical profile we need heading into next year. If he’s a good fit chemistry-wise (after this year’s struggles), then “come on down”!
Posted via Mobile Device

Furio 03-05-2018 08:31 PM

Walker only played 2 games this season. out with knee injury

OSU Flyer 03-05-2018 09:35 PM

Walker has a good frame on him. That's not a soft 240

longtimefan 03-05-2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

@VerbalCommits

Two years of eligibility? Did he graduate in three years?

CvilleFlyer 03-05-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

@VerbalCommits

We already have one JUCO, Jhery Matos that has 2 years of eligibility so we could welcome one more grad transfer especially a big! Anthony Grant is a great recruiter so let us not forget that we have offers out to Frankie Policelli and Philmon Gebrewit. Either one would be a plus to our front line.

OSU Flyer 03-05-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtimefan (Post 541726)
Two years of eligibility? Did he graduate in three years?

getting it done in the classroom too

OSU Flyer 03-05-2018 11:29 PM

@GoodmanESPN
Maine senior guard Aaron Calixte told ESPN he will transfer. Eligible next season. Averaged 17 points per game this year.

OSU Flyer 03-06-2018 12:49 AM

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkc1...ature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Highlights of Wyatt Walker at Samford. Some nifty passing

longtimefan67 03-06-2018 07:48 AM

Quote:

@VerbalCommits

He will make one team happy, nice find.

Bonziflyer 03-06-2018 10:49 AM

P-Man 03-06-2018 10:59 AM

Former Mr. Illinois Available

Mark Smith, last year's Mr. Illinois Basketball, has announced that he will transfer from Illinois. His freshman year stat's are not noteworthy, but he seems to have the background to project future success. UD has a recent track record of being able to recruit successfully in Illinois. Would his game appeal to the Flyers?

jack72 03-06-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Man (Post 541787)
Mark Smith, last year's Mr. Illinois Basketball, has announced that he will transfer from Illinois. His freshman year stat's are not noteworthy, but he seems to have the background to project future success. UD has a recent track record of being able to recruit successfully in Illinois. Would his game appeal to the Flyers?

Smith picked Illinois over more than 20 scholarship offers. His other finalists were Duke, Michigan State and Kansas State.

John C. 03-06-2018 02:24 PM

Walker is listed as a junior because he will take a medical red shirt for this year and those really aren't granted until the senior year if memory serves me correctly. The real question is if he will graduate this year. That will save the transfer year.

Lifelong Flyer Fan 03-06-2018 02:34 PM

He is reportedly graduating May.
https://twitter.com/RussHoops/status/970753837928730624
You tube video linked in that tweet.

OSU Flyer 03-06-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack72 (Post 541806)
Smith picked Illinois over more than 20 scholarship offers. His other finalists were Duke, Michigan State and Kansas State.

He had a Kentucky offer too. He was committed to Missouri as pitcher but blew up late in basketball. I don't think he's gonna have the same level of interest this go around

OSU Flyer 03-06-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John C. (Post 541846)
Walker is listed as a junior because he will take a medical red shirt for this year and those really aren't granted until the senior year if memory serves me correctly. The real question is if he will graduate this year. That will save the transfer year.

He only played 35 minutes this year so the odds are pretty high that he gets it

The reports are saying he's graduating so all we can go off is that but it would strange to put those out there if it wasn't true

jack72 03-06-2018 04:12 PM

So if Walker graduates and transfers, can he play right away and for two years?

OSU Flyer 03-06-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack72 (Post 541866)
So if Walker graduates and transfers, can he play right away and for two years?

1 year for sure, I'd say virtual certainty of getting a medical redshirt for only playing 35 minutes this year for a second year

Flyer68 03-06-2018 04:33 PM

Mark Smith picks Illinois over 20 scholarships from top basketball schools. I would guess that he picked Illinois because he could play right away. Or maybe because there was pressure on Mr. Basketball to remain instate. Then he does not set the world on fire. Now he wants out?

Should there not be a red flag here? Something is not right in Illinois. Just saying.

OSU Flyer 03-06-2018 05:04 PM

his public explanation is that the system they run is a bad fit for him

BRob2Perryman3 03-06-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

@VerbalCommits

This guy is in Ray Harper's backyard. Forget it.

CvilleFlyer 03-07-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonziflyer (Post 541785)

Athlon Sports College Basketball pre-season magazine had Wyatt Walker listed as a Jr. so if he only played 35 minutes and obtained a medical redshirt he still would have 2 years of eligibility. He was listed on the All Southern Conference second team and this is the description they gave of him. "He has the ability to influence the game in all facets--he averaged 12.9 points on 58.6 percent shooting while adding 9.7 rebounds and nearly one block per game--makes him an indispensable cog."

He would be a great complement to Josh Cunningham and I'm sure Josh would welcome the help! I hope we get this kid!

OSU Flyer 03-07-2018 05:54 PM

@TaiYoungHoops
6'2 guard Triston Chambers is transferring from Samford. As a freshman was named to the SOCON all-freshman team. The sophomore guard averaged 8.8 ppg while being 1st in the league from 3 this season(45.8%). Open to all opportunities. Contact for info

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...iston-chambers

Flyer 86 03-08-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furio (Post 541702)
Walker only played 2 games this season. out with knee injury

soph year average 13 points, 9 boards.

HIgh shot percentage, good FT shooter. Not sure that body and knee holds up in the A10 ... but who knows. Guy can pass and be a good team player.

Calixte had 3 boards and 3 assists per game to go along with his 17 points per game. His shooting pct was pretty abysmal his first 3 years. Then improved to 47% with much more playing time.

Down side is he is 5 foot 11"

Flyer 86 03-08-2018 11:28 AM

Mark Smith has good size on him. 6 foot 4 . 225 lbs.

poor shooting % but only a Rookie. 6 points a game in 19 minutes a game.

Could be a keeper. EXcept i'd rather go big on our next recruit.

OSU Flyer 03-09-2018 06:31 PM

A member of the Atlantic Sun All-Freshman team last season and a 17 point per game scorer during his sophomore campaign this winter, James Scott has asked for his transfer from Kennesaw State, sources have told Rivals.

Scott, a 6-foot-5 guard-wing, was a top-10 scorer within the Atlantic Sun Conference this season while knocking in over 34 percent of his 3-point attempts and over 80 percent of his foul shot attempts; he also finished the year among the tops of his league’s leaderboard in field goals made, steals and minutes played.

Boosting his scoring numbers by close to eight points per contest from his freshman to sophomore seasons, Scott posted some of his best outings against higher level competition. During the out of conference portion of the season, he scored 26 against Butler, 17 against Florida State, 21 against Washington and 19 against Texas Tech. He completed the season by scoring over 20 points in four of his final five contests and scored in double figures in over 80 percent of his games.

OSU Flyer 03-13-2018 03:09 PM

@coreyevans_10
Scott has his full release with no restrictions; early interest from Nevada, Dayton, Georgetown, Arizona and more

OSU Flyer 03-13-2018 03:52 PM

@GoodmanESPN
Cornell guard Wil Bathurst will be a grad transfer. Missed the final 3/4 of the season with an injury. Was averaging 7.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 3.1 apg prior to injury.

RamodWaleskowski 03-14-2018 09:02 AM

Bowling Green sophomore PG Roderick Caldwell is transferring.

High school teammates with Trey Landers and the lynch pin to Wayne's 2015 state championship team. Always felt like this kid could of played at UD.

Here is one of my favorite RC highlight tapes.
https://youtu.be/mVsvJ-69Gp0

Not only can he handle the ball. The step back and pull up jumper are lethal.

San Diego Flyer 03-14-2018 11:48 AM

Nice. Caldwell has Lander's swag and passion. Looks like he can break down the lane or hit the J. I like him.

Medford 03-14-2018 12:50 PM

I wrote about Caldwell a few years back when I saw Wayne take on Findley Prep. That Findley Prep team was loaded, Alzono Tier, a PG who graduated early and went started at Duke prior to transferring back west (forget the name), Justin Jackson (Maryland, some thought he'd be a lottery pick prior to getting hurt this year), some dude playing at Auburn I believe. Caldwell was fearless that night, he didn't back down for even a second, and it was obvious that Findlay Prep wasn't use to getting punched in the mouth. I thought at the time, that he would be a steal for some MAC level team, he's undersized and likely wouldn't get many looks from top 50 programs, but he'd make a huge difference at some MAC level school. I've followed his stats from time to time, and frankly he hasn't put up the numbers I expected/hoped that he would.

With one year off to develop, then 2 years (and ultimately in the same class as Crutcher) as a backup he may work. However CAG seems to be recruiting a bunch of PGs and its quite possible he could be relegated to the end of UD's bench by the time he's able to suit up.

Flyer 86 03-14-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski (Post 543626)
Bowling Green sophomore PG Roderick Caldwell is transferring.

High school teammates with Trey Landers and the lynch pin to Wayne's 2015 state championship team. Always felt like this kid could of played at UD.

Here is one of my favorite RC highlight tapes.
https://youtu.be/mVsvJ-69Gp0

Not only can he handle the ball. The step back and pull up jumper are lethal.

can someone post his height and weight please.
Sounds like an energy guy

maddog07 03-14-2018 05:43 PM

Caldwell is at best an average guard in the MAC. He'd be at best a bench warmer for us, not as good as the two guards we have, who led us us to a losing record. Why on earth would we consider him? We need upgrades, very material upgrades, not downgrades.
Posted via Mobile Device

San Diego Flyer 03-14-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyer 86 (Post 543704)
can someone post his height and weight please.
Sounds like an energy guy

5'10" and 165lbs. But they are probably lying as many do.

OSU Flyer 03-14-2018 05:56 PM

@CoachDavidSisk
We can confirm that Larry Austin Jr. & Payton Willis will be leaving the Vanderbilt Men’s Basketball program

Austin transferred to Vandy from Xavier. He'd be serviceable PG for a year to play 5-10 minutes off of the bench.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...arry-austin-jr.

Willis was top 150 guy coming out of high school. Averaged He averaged 5.1 points, 1.9 rebounds & 1.4 assists this season as a Soph. Shot .349% from 3. 6'4

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../payton-willis

San Diego Flyer 03-14-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog07 (Post 543723)
Caldwell is at best an average guard in the MAC. He'd be at best a bench warmer for us, not as good as the two guards we have, who led us us to a losing record. Why on earth would we consider him? We need upgrades, very material up drafted, not downgrades.
Posted via Mobile Device

Without our two Frosh guards performing like they did, we might not have won 5 games.
If Anthony offers Caldwell he is likely to be good enough for the Flyers plans. I look for the next guard to have some size however.

Sid Louick 03-14-2018 06:54 PM

I would love to have one of those small, lightening-quick PGs like almost every other teams in the A-10.

OSU Flyer 03-14-2018 09:24 PM

@GoodmanESPN
Pittsburgh freshman Parker Stewart has asked for his full unconditional release, sources told ESPN. Terrific shooter. Averaged 9.1 points per game. Finished in top two in ACC play in 3's made, first in 3-point field goal percentage and top 3 in 3's made per game.

Played most of his high school career at Pickerington Central in Columbus. Dad was an Ohio assistant and now Tennessee Martin coach

OSU Flyer 03-14-2018 09:31 PM

@VerbalCommits
Central Connecticut State G Austin Nehls (JR) is leaving the program. Grad transfer with one year of eligibility. http://verbalcommits.com/players/austin-nehls

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...4/austin-nehls

OSU Flyer 03-15-2018 03:17 PM

@VerbalCommits
Colorado State F/C Nico Carvacho (RS SO) has requested permission to contact other schools. (HT @MattStephens)

6'11 240, 9.2 ppg, 10.3 boards

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../nico-carvacho

OSU Flyer 03-15-2018 03:20 PM

@TaiYoungHoops
VCU guard Tyler Maye(@Tmaye22) has recieved his release. The former Garner Road guard is looking to stay Division 1. Contact for info.

AG took Crutcher over him last spring

RamodWaleskowski 03-15-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog07 (Post 543723)
Caldwell is at best an average guard in the MAC. He'd be at best a bench warmer for us, not as good as the two guards we have, who led us us to a losing record. Why on earth would we consider him? We need upgrades, very material upgrades, not downgrades.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why would he be a downgrade? Because he didn't fit the system at Bowling Green? I have no problem with you disagreeing but at least have something to back yourself up.

How do you know he's not better than what we have? You don't. You are just making ridiculous statements but Hey, what else is new?

OSU Flyer 03-15-2018 05:15 PM

There's a lot better players on the board than Caldwell

Furio 03-15-2018 05:28 PM

The other issue with Caldwell is he would end up being in the same class as Crutcher. Not sure you want 2 point guards in the same class

Viperstick 03-15-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furio (Post 543912)
The other issue with Caldwell is he would end up being in the same class as Crutcher. Not sure you want 2 point guards in the same class

Crutch + Caldwell = Scrutch + Dukes?

T-Bone 84 03-15-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viperstick (Post 543921)
Crutch + Caldwell = Scrutch + Dukes?

You realize you just cited the first official recruiting class of the JOB era? :eek:
Posted via Mobile Device

OSU Flyer 03-15-2018 07:45 PM

@EvanDaniels
Tariq Owens has asked St. John’s for a release and will graduate in May, per a source. Averaged 8.4 PPG & 5.9 RPG this season.

Former Ohio commit. I think we recruited him after Jim Christian left for BC. Averaged 2.8 blocks per game, lead the Big East, 11th in the country

OSU Flyer 03-15-2018 08:31 PM

@GoodmanESPN
Evansville guard Ryan Taylor told ESPN he will explore other options and possibility of transferring. Led the Missouri Valley in scoring this season at 21.2. Immediately eligible as a grad transfer."

.424% from 3. Started out his career at Ohio

T-Bone 84 03-15-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 543944)
@EvanDaniels
Tariq Owens has asked St. John’s for a release and will graduate in May, per a source. Averaged 8.4 PPG & 5.9 RPG this season.

Former Ohio commit. I think we recruited him after Jim Christian left for BC. Averaged 2.8 blocks per game, lead the Big East, 11th in the country

I remember seeing the name in our recruiting threads. My only concern is, we already have a guy built like him (Kostas). If he'd come here, and we ran Tariq and Kostas out there at the same time, we could be like Spinal Tap and crank it up to 11 (because we'd have 2 guys standing side by side who would look like the number 11).

maddog07 03-15-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski (Post 543908)
Why would he be a downgrade? Because he didn't fit the system at Bowling Green? I have no problem with you disagreeing but at least have something to back yourself up.

How do you know he's not better than what we have? You don't. You are just making ridiculous statements but Hey, what else is new?

Well I seen him play and checked his stats. That's how!
He's a downgrade for sure and it's not like we have all stars now. He's undersized and not even acinsistant starter at a weak MAC school with a losing conference record and wins over absolutely no one of consequence he was marginal. In 31 games he averaged a whooping 2.5 baskets a game, 55 boards, shot 36.3 overall and 32.7 from 3.All, that all well below our two frosh and he's a sophomore. He's terrible and would be far worse in the A10. He wouldn't make Fordhams squad. Talk about ridiculous. Reread your post now.
Posted via Mobile Device

longtimefan 03-15-2018 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog07 (Post 543972)
He's a downgrade for sure and it's not like we have all stars now. He's undersized and not even a cinsistant starter at a weak MAC school with a losing conference record and wins over absolutely no one of consequence he was marginal. In 31 games he averaged a whooping 2.5 baskets a game, 55 boards, shot 36.3 overall and 32.7 from 3.All, that all well below our two frosh and he's a sophomore. He's terrible and would be far worse in the A10. He wouldn't make Fordhams squad. Talk about ridiculous. Reread your post now.
Posted via Mobile Device

He averaged 55 rebounds per game??? I'll take him!!!