UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Flyer Gear (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31221)

CoffeeCan 09-17-2017 12:18 PM

Flyer Gear

My buddy was at the Parma location and texted me what looked like an entire wall of UD gear. Looks like they have a good selection online as well.

http://www.rallyhouse.com/college/dayton-flyers/l/mens

Anyone bought from them before? It seems like they have some items that I have not seen before...

Jeff 09-17-2017 01:11 PM

Thanks for the on-line link!

runnerup 09-17-2017 01:38 PM

The one at Dayton Mall is loaded

maddog07 09-17-2017 02:18 PM

Can't we get gear from Scoochie's gofundme apparel business? Wonderhowthat's working out.

hessbz12 09-18-2017 01:13 PM

Great place! The store by the Dayton Mall has good stuff, but I have purchased from both the store on online. I'm kind of a Nike snob and they have a great Nike selection. I've also gotten my wife some things from there as well.

Class of 73 Alum 09-18-2017 05:41 PM

I'm not familiar with the Colosseum brand...anyone have an opinion?

C-time 09-18-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Class of 73 Alum (Post 514690)

It's cheap. I would not buy their stuff, but I'm a Nike snob just like hessbz12.

Figgie123 09-18-2017 07:40 PM

Anyone know of a place to get a kids youth Dayton jersey with a 44? Friend has tried a few places but so far no kids jerseys.

Lifelong Flyer Fan 07-11-2019 07:48 AM

For those who like the older logos and word marks:
https://www.homefieldapparel.com/col...7mTV5z3Cl-8Wi0

hawkoooo 07-11-2019 07:59 AM

Looks awesome. Definitely bookmarking that. The site Figgie posted is very cool too, but 30+ for a cotton t-shirt is insane to me. You could get a pair of sweatpants or a hoodie for that elsewhere.

T-Bone 84 07-11-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoffeeCan (Post 514631)
My buddy was at the Parma location and texted me what looked like an entire wall of UD gear. Looks like they have a good selection online as well.

http://www.rallyhouse.com/college/dayton-flyers/l/mens

Anyone bought from them before? It seems like they have some items that I have not seen before...

OMG! I opened the link and started scrolling, and one of the first things I saw was the retro T, with the lowercase, stylized “dayton”, and the angry biplane. Talk about a flashback! 😀
Posted via Mobile Device

sheg 07-11-2019 09:16 AM

I'd love to have a black UD hoodie. I have blue, gray, charcoal, and multiple red, but I've never seen black. If anyone ever sees one, I'd sure appreciate a link.

rollo 07-11-2019 10:19 AM

The bookstore is having their sidewalk sale this week. There’s a lot of women’s apparel of every size available, but the men’s stuff is mainly S, 2XL and up. Great prices if you can find your size.
Posted via Mobile Device

sheg 11-20-2019 12:22 AM

Heads up, fanatics.com has some decent deals running currently. Select hoodies in the low $20s, polos, etc. I won't link it, hopefully Chris R has an affiliate link he can plug in here.

kman84ud 11-20-2019 10:15 AM

I've ordered in past years from prepsportswear.com. I think everything is custom made, i.e., the items are available for many schools, the company does the embroidery. That would include BLACK HOODIES.

pmcmullen 11-20-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Class of 73 Alum (Post 514690)

Sure, it's not Nike if you are a Nike snob (lol), but I have a hoodie that I actually like. It's a bit thinner, which I actually like. It's held up for a few years with no issues, and it's quite comfy.

I'd buy another and wouldn't hesitate.

maddog07 11-20-2019 10:47 AM

Nike snob... the brand of Kaepernick? I’ve sworn off for life.
Posted via Mobile Device

zmz723 11-20-2019 12:21 PM

So brave.

Like em or not Nike's stuff is top notch

udflyerfan 11-20-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog07 (Post 599681)
Posted via Mobile Device

Same here!!
Posted via Mobile Device

rollo 11-20-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmz723 (Post 599699)
So brave.

Like em or not Nike's stuff is top notch

Same here!
Posted via Mobile Device

jack72 11-20-2019 01:12 PM

Same here

pmcmullen 11-20-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

You mean the company that hypocritical sponsors a "social activist" while having a long history of horrible working conditions? Lol.

Also, my Sketchers and Adidas shoes outlast theirs.

UDGutter2 11-20-2019 01:16 PM

I've never been able to call Nike stuff top notch. I've called it expensive, over-hyped, and well advertised, but never top-notch. Guess you got better stuff than I ever got with that name on it.

steverino015 11-20-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

same here!

not about the "Nike snob" statement,
but about sworn off of it...

me too

UACFlyer 11-20-2019 02:34 PM

Question

Who designs this stuff? Is it the manufacturer or is UD somehow involved?

In my opinion some of the designs shown on the link provided are poor. For example, the first two sweatshirts by Champion feature the new Dayton logo, the "flying D", but do not use the new Dayton logo-type that was introduced with the flying D. This is a major design inconsistency...again in my opinion....and is found throughout the products shown.

Champion is a good brand. I don't understand it. I have a older UD-Champion sweatshirt that features a good design and is very well made.

I also have Jansport sweatshirts (not UD) that have very good designs and workmanship.

Usually the school has standards manual spelling out the rules, dos and don't, for use of their identification. The focus is on signage, stationary, etc, but often carries over to sportswear designs. Clearly, UD's designs lack consistency. I don't get it. Some schools are very fussy about stuff like this...certainly not UD.

shocka43 11-20-2019 10:50 PM

Colleges doesn't have the people investigating and dealing with non-licensed apparel. They simply don't care...unless you are a printer selling trademarked logos...even then...the guys over at OSU will send you a cease and desist letter and by that time they have moved on to their next design.

I don't know who all is authorized to print official gear, such as fanatics, etc...but there are local printing companies that are authorized...

Your local Sam's club usually has some pretty slick stuff too.

UD Rugby 11-21-2019 07:23 AM

Homage

I'm sure it's been mentioned in other posts, but Homage in Columbus has good quality clothing. The only downside is the selection has decreased since they started adding in more colleges: https://www.homage.com/collections/dayton

In the past I've bought a few shirts and sweatshirt that are no longer listed, but who knows, maybe they'll get added back in.

EliteEight 11-21-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UD Rugby (Post 599824)
I'm sure it's been mentioned in other posts, but Homage in Columbus has good quality clothing. The only downside is the selection has decreased since they started adding in more colleges: https://www.homage.com/collections/dayton

In the past I've bought a few shirts and sweatshirt that are no longer listed, but who knows, maybe they'll get added back in.

I like some of Homages stuff. I own quite a bit of it but their sizing is unbelievably inconsistent. Every thing has a different cut. It's frustrating

UD Rugby 11-22-2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliteEight (Post 599957)
I like some of Homages stuff. I own quite a bit of it but their sizing is unbelievably inconsistent. Every thing has a different cut. It's frustrating

Agree. The Cap City half marathon shirts from a couple years ago were from homage and a medium was more like a large and so on. At least I've had no problem sending clothes back for free size exchange.

OSU Flyer 01-15-2020 12:03 PM

Are replica basketball shorts for sale anywhere?

EliteEight 01-15-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 609251)
Are replica basketball shorts for sale anywhere?

https://19nine.com/products/dayton-f...92aacc10&_ss=r

These are pretty sweet.