UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SLU-Butler (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30919)

BeckysTXA 05-04-2017 08:35 PM

SLU-Butler

I saw Butler and SLU are going to have a home and home series the next two years. Should be good for A10. I just wish Dayton could line up a Big East school with the same arrangement.

Viperstick 05-05-2017 05:47 AM

Rushing the frat?

Windy City Flyer 05-05-2017 06:57 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we deserve to be in the Big East.

Admittedly we took a few liberties with our female party guests over the years in the Ghetto - we did. [ Rollo winks at Commishnor Val Ackerman)

But you can't hold an entire whole basketball program responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted students & alumni who partied a little too much in 70's and 80's and perhaps didn't meet your Jesuit standards.

For if you do, then shouldn't we blame every college student
accountable?

And if the whole college system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of Jesuit schools like Marquette and Xavier that also partied too much in the 70's and '80s ?

I put it to you, Commissioner Ackerman this way - isn't this an indictment of every beer drinking college student in America?

Well, you can do whatever you want to the UD Basketball Program but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth THE UNVERSITY OF Dayton. Gentlemen!

[Rollo leads the UD Alumni out of the UD's Big East Admittance Presentation, all humming the UD Fight Song]

Radar 05-05-2017 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windy City Flyer (Post 506308)
Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we deserve to be in the Big East.

Admittedly we took a few liberties with our female party guests over the years in the Ghetto - we did. [ Rollo winks at Commishnor Val Ackerman)

But you can't hold an entire whole basketball program responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted students & alumni who partied a little too much in 70's and 80's and perhaps didn't meet your Jesuit standards.

accountable?

And if the whole college system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of Jesuit schools like Marquette and Xavier that also partied too much in the 70's and '80s ?

I put it to you, Commissioner Ackerman this way - isn't this an indictment of every beer drinking college student in America?

Well, you can do whatever you want to the UD Basketball Program but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth THE UNVERSITY OF Dayton. Gentlemen!

[Rollo leads the UD Alumni out of the UD's Big East Admittance Presentation, all humming the UD Fight Song]

Bravo!

kiefaber455 05-05-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windy City Flyer (Post 506308)

accountable?

Well said Otter

cj 05-05-2017 09:05 AM

does this mean we are on double-secret probation?

BeckysTXA 05-05-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viperstick (Post 506305)
Rushing the frat?

Pretty much what went through my mind when I read the Butler announcement.

T-Bone 84 05-06-2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viperstick (Post 506305)
Rushing the frat?

Does this mean we'll see Pledge Pins on the Billikens' uniforms when we play them next season?
Posted via Mobile Device

rollo 05-06-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 (Post 506447)
Does this mean we'll see Pledge Pins on the Billikens' uniforms when we play them next season?
Posted via Mobile Device

If they wear pledge pins, then beating their *sses by 40 would constitute 'hazing' and get our entire team potentially suspended! :eek:

LI Flyer 05-06-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckysTXA (Post 506277)
I saw Butler and SLU are going to have a home and home series the next two years. Should be good for A10. I just wish Dayton could line up a Big East school with the same arrangement.

Maybe just maybe the people at Butler saw that SLU is on an upswing with regard to talent and future promise; whereas UD has lost four of its starters and will be rebuilding or retooling. SLU has two pretty good transfers playing this year plus an very good recruiting class.

FLYER5 05-06-2017 09:30 AM

Proverbial foot in the door I believe. St Louis is a much more attractive market than Dayton for tBE. Please don't fail miserably by debating that. Especially if you don't live in Dayton :)

LI Flyer 05-06-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER5 (Post 506464)
Proverbial foot in the door I believe. St Louis is a much more attractive market than Dayton for tBE. Please don't fail miserably by debating that. Especially if you don't live in Dayton :)

Not attempting to debate, merely offering an opinion. I think that is one of things we do here.

ClevelandFlyer05 05-06-2017 10:28 AM

I always thought that Creighton was a geographical reach on the part of the New Big East and that if they were looking to expand west, St. Louis made more sense. However at this point, if/when the New Big East expands, St. Louis is a perfect institutional fit and they would bridge that geographic divide. If they ever become consistently decent, I think it will be a done deal.

I'm just hoping that we're the next phone call on that list for expansion, for many of the same criteria that makes SLU attractive. That would also allow for the New Big East to have an East-West divisional structure, if so desired (maybe for sports other than basketball).