UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Golden Multiple Turnovers - Auburn (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31508)

rollo 11-29-2017 09:11 PM

Golden Multiple Turnovers - Auburn

The title of the thread sums up my Royal feelings about this clusterbuck of a game. Value the ball, gentlemen, and the game gets a lot easier.

So, who in your Royal opinion choked hardest on the Golden Turnover vs Auburn. There are quite a few candidates but only 1 will walk (tweet...another turnover) away with this ever-so coveted award.

jack72 11-29-2017 09:16 PM

Another run away win, err loss, by Cunningham.

NJFlyr71 11-29-2017 09:17 PM

Only one? A team Award seems to be in order As in Team Turnover

Thanks for bringing up this great aspect of the aforementioned game :eek:

Jeff 11-29-2017 09:22 PM

Josh has to show up when the competition is at a higher level. Finally made a power move to the bucket at 4:01 in the 2nd half.

bryan 11-29-2017 09:39 PM

Name 1 player who passed the ball inside.....

FLYER5 11-29-2017 09:51 PM

Cunningham stay out too late?

Jeff 11-29-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryan (Post 522485)
Name 1 player who passed the ball inside.....

Agree whole heartedly. To top it off, Kostas rarely got to the center of the zone, when he did, he kicked it out quickly, and never attempted to set any screen on the guys at the top. In his post game comments CAG said "they didn't see anything they didn't expect." Sooooooo, was it preparation or execution?

C-time 11-29-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 522499)
Agree whole heartedly. To top it off, Kostas rarely got to the center of the zone, when he did, he kicked it out quickly, and never attempted to set any screen on the guys at the top. In his post game comments CAG said "they didn't see anything they didn't expect." Sooooooo, was it preparation or execution?

Preparation. The same stuff happened repeatedly at a school with a darker shade of red that only cares about football.

priceg75 11-30-2017 07:57 AM

Kostas played 21 minutes and had zero rebounds. Guh.

Alberto Strasse 11-30-2017 08:22 AM

Xeryous Williams Back Spasms?

I would have voted for X's back spasms being the leading contributor to the loss. He must return as a double digit scorer before this season turns sour.

flyerfanatic86 11-30-2017 08:44 AM

I went with Grant, and I will probably continue to do so until I start to see an offense emerge. I miss the Archie ball movement.

Gazoo 11-30-2017 09:15 AM

Tough call between Grant (appears to be completely in some guy's heads) and Cunningham (guaranteed the loss despite Grant's coaching).

You heard it here first: Cunningham was high as a kite last night. There is no other explanation. The very first possession of the 2nd half Auburn scored and 4 UD guys ran to the other end. No one knew it was their job to inbound the ball to Crutcher. If you're Cunningham only magic mushrooms can explain his complete disconnect from reality last night.

(NO, I'm not actually saying he was high. I'm frustrated and it's a joke.)

Smitty10 11-30-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoo (Post 522572)
Tough call between Grant (appears to be completely in some guy's heads) and Cunningham (guaranteed the loss despite Grant's coaching).

You heard it here first: Cunningham was high as a kite last night. There is no other explanation. The very first possession of the 2nd half Auburn scored and 4 UD guys ran to the other end. No one knew it was their job to inbound the ball to Crutcher. If you're Cunningham only magic mushrooms can explain his complete disconnect from reality last night.

(NO, I'm not actually saying he was high. I'm frustrated and it's a joke.)

Does Cunningham have a birthday coming up? Because his play last night reminded of Kendall's on his birthday week last year where he spent the first half of a game screwing up play after play. Difference is Kendall got it together in the 2nd half if I recall.

Beatty Town Coach 11-30-2017 02:03 PM

All of the Above button was missing; and yes, that could be construed as internal poll author's bias. However, I assume this is coincidental overlook by the King pollmeister.

If I could rewrite the poll, it would have a GRANT/STAFF AND CUNNINGHAM OPTION.

And yet, Kostas two early fouls, seem to put everyone and everything in a very awkward position. At that point, Cunningham literally cannot come-out, and thus leaving the head coach with very slim substitute patterns. Those two fouls changed everything.

Flyer 86 11-30-2017 04:15 PM

No guards did or could pass inside. Blame josh all you want.

However, it's a team game. 2 3's by Matej keeps in in it earlier. 5 turnovers by clumsy Trey?

Crosby and J Crutch, horrible first 30 minutes.

Kostas barely got ball in right place.

Blaming guard play I am!!!

maddog07 12-02-2017 12:08 AM

It was all about the guards. Played matadore d and didn't defend the three. Could not penetrate or create for the bigs. They were just outmatched.

Alberto Strasse 12-02-2017 09:44 AM

Auburn

was far more talented than Dayton. They dressed 18 players on the road and they were bigger, quicker and more skilled at both ends than Dayton. JC did his usual good job on the boards but he was taken out of his offense and not permitted to get comfortable on the court. Auburn should be an NCAA team and Dayton will struggle to get an N.I.T. bid. This is a learning year for the Flyers who hope to be better next year. We have returned the program to the traditional UD motto "Wait til next year."