UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A10 final (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30662)

MrFlyerFanatic 03-12-2017 01:46 PM

A10 final

This almost unwatchable. After 4 days of touch fouls and phantom calls, officials have swallowed whistles. Waiting to see blood or a sudden change to patty cake.

C-time 03-12-2017 01:57 PM

Allie Laforce and the Gold Rush dancers make it very watchable in my opinion.

MikeF 03-12-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-time (Post 495074)
Allie Laforce and the Gold Rush dancers make it very watchable in my opinion.

Without the distraction of UD basketball!

ClaytonFlyerFan 03-12-2017 02:18 PM

So Hurley is never in the coaches box in the first 30 games of the season, and to the best of my knowledge never gets a T, yet today he does. The inconsistency in officiating drives me crazy.

T-Bone 84 03-12-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic (Post 495071)
This almost unwatchable. After 4 days of touch fouls and phantom calls, officials have swallowed whistles. Waiting to see blood or a sudden change to patty cake.

Yep, letting A LOT of contact slide. And Martin was just fouled on a shot attempt and came up a bit lame after sticking the landing.

Then Brooks creams the RI point guard on a slightly errant pass, refs call out-of-bounds with the ball going to URI, Hurley lets 'em know what he thinks of the non-call, and the stripes "T" him up. Not a Hurley fan, but can't blame him there. Brooks should have had his license revoked for that hit-and-run.
Posted via Mobile Device

T-Bone 84 03-12-2017 02:23 PM

And Garrett of URI just suffered a MAC attack. Perfectly legal screen, but WOW is Cox a brick wall!
Posted via Mobile Device

T-Bone 84 03-12-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan (Post 495079)
So Hurley is never in the coaches box in the first 30 games of the season, and to the best of my knowledge never gets a T, yet today he does. The inconsistency in officiating drives me crazy.

Some days, I feel like officiating D-I hoops is like a Rohrschach test: "It looks like...a block on the defense?"
Posted via Mobile Device

LIBob 03-12-2017 02:28 PM

How ironic would it be if URI loses by 1 and is out with the one point being a Hurley T?

SLUFLYER 03-12-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 (Post 495081)
And Garrett of URI just suffered a MAC attack. Perfectly legal screen, but WOW is Cox a brick wall!
Posted via Mobile Device

Rarely called, but not a perfectly legal screen.

A legal screen has your feet set at shoulder width apart, perhaps slightly wider. MoCox's feet were pretty wide on that screen.

Having said that, I don't think it should have been called an illegal screen (and it wasn't called one), as the RI player hit MoCox totally square.

Just wanted to point out how often those screens get set with really wide feet and the defender gets tripped up or stumbles trying to get over such a screen.

steve snyder 03-12-2017 02:47 PM

Glad URI was not healthy all year. Look to be the best A-10 team. Size...great guard play...best defense. Could be a distance runner in the dance.

udx2 03-12-2017 05:49 PM

Will be interesting to see URI match up against Creighton. Might be a good game.

CT Flyer 03-12-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udx2 (Post 495135)
Will be interesting to see URI match up against Creighton. Might be a good game.

URI will win and maybe even be favored. Creighton has no offense and URI is a very good defensive team. Creighton will be lucky to reach 60.