UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Golden New England Curse - UMass (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30261)

rollo 01-11-2017 09:11 PM

Golden New England Curse - UMass

That was ugly. Everyone but K Davis is up for this evening's coveted award. Vote away...:angryfire:

pmcmullen 01-11-2017 09:13 PM

Cooke.

TommyGola 01-11-2017 09:17 PM

As much as I love Archie, I put this one on him. Again, he failed to recognize where the Flyers had a competitive edge. They should have run this team to death.

T-Bone 84 01-11-2017 09:19 PM

Almost voted for Archie, but went for Cooke with those 7 TOs. As a SF, no less! Geez!
Posted via Mobile Device

C-time 01-11-2017 09:24 PM

When you can only find one player to not burn at the stake from a game the blame sits squarely on the shoulders of the coach.

SLUFLYER 01-11-2017 09:25 PM

Everyone listed in the poll and some that are not - Crosby, Williams, Dumb and Dumber, Chip Hare, Jim O'Brien, Trump and Clinton, your mom, my mom........who else?

jack72 01-11-2017 09:26 PM

Great collective dump, but have to give it to Cooke.

Archie gets honorable mention for playing Crosby too much in the second half, and waiting till UMass warmed up the bus before pressing, and if he called that bonehead play before the end of the first half.

udx2 01-11-2017 09:34 PM

Looking for "all the above."

maddog07 01-11-2017 09:39 PM

Lot of bad performance but Umass took and built the lead with Crosby taking a dump on the court. He adds nothing.
Posted via Mobile Device

TXFlyerFan 01-11-2017 09:49 PM

Cooke first and foremost, with the 7 TOs. But I don't blame Archie for the team shooting 30% from the floor, nor for the 20 TOs. That's all on the players.

T-Bone 84 01-11-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-time (Post 479297)
When you can only find one player to not burn at the stake from a game the blame sits squarely on the shoulders of the coach.

Valid point...but I've already voted.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kevinob15 01-11-2017 10:00 PM

Has to go to Archie. Pandemic lack of effort and focus. Also KD is capable of playing 35-40 minutes per game, why is he being sat for such extended periods of time in the second half? With his energy and effort level he needs to lead the team in minutes every game.
Posted via Mobile Device

NovaFlyer 01-11-2017 10:05 PM

Just a bad game. Loss to a team we should beat, but s__the happens. Plenty of good games ahead.

T-Bone 84 01-11-2017 10:12 PM

One stat says it all. Take away Kyle's 6/8 from the floor, and the rest of the team was a collective 12/49 for 24%. Shades of the Jim O'Brien era!
Posted via Mobile Device

Windy City Flyer 01-11-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyGola (Post 479290)
As much as I love Archie, I put this one on him. Again, he failed to recognize where the Flyers had a competitive edge. They should have run this team to death.

This was team failure with the exception of KD. I agree UD needed this game to be played at a higher tempo. The big guy played 29 minutes. They controlled the tempo. Pollard isn't as explosive as he was in the past. SS isn't playing his game. There's something not right there. Cooke doesn't let the game come to him. YOu can see the void of not having JC. it might be a bumpy ride the rest of the way. I want these seniors to go out on top. Time for them to come together.

cj 01-11-2017 10:39 PM

It was Bush's fault.

FlyerGuyer 01-11-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovaFlyer (Post 479322)
Plenty of good games ahead.

...like Duquesne and SLU. Yippee, can't wait!!

Rick Scaia 01-11-2017 11:04 PM

That was definitely a team loss.... and while I know our expectations of Cooke are higher than with most guys, I sort of view any vote for him tonight as a vote for "Cooke sure played like Crosby tonight."

And at that point, Crosby is still on the team, so... you know, maybe just vote for him and cut out the middle man. [I keed. Mostly.]

I set the Flyers' goal for this first chunk of A-10 play at 6-1 for the first 7 games, with the "1" either being URI at home or a rando road loss. Tonight was the "1." I do not believe there is any reason to suspect that a "2" is in the cards, so let's just make sure Duquesne gets got, and then we hold serve at home. All is well....

Rick

flyerfan4life 01-11-2017 11:22 PM

Cant believe Crosby isnt an option. He was pathetic tonight.

Smitty10 01-11-2017 11:30 PM

I don't want anybody, ANYBODY, to tell me that Charles Cooke even compares to Jordan Sibert. The guy is too inconsistent and continues to compile mistake after mistake when he gets in a funk. When he and Crosby are on the floor at same time, this is a terrible offensive team. I've seen the Flyers play fluid offense for 2 seasons plus a few games when Cooke isn't in there. He messes up the offensive chemistry. Personally, I wish AM would bench him every time he drives and either throws up a prayer or gets the ball stripped(which is too often). Best player on the team? Don't make me laugh. Kyle and Scoochie are better players period.

Smitty10 01-11-2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog07 (Post 479304)
Lot of bad performance but Umass took and built the lead with Crosby taking a dump on the court. He adds nothing.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're right, he plays like Charles Cooke. They both stifle this team's offense.

CT Flyer 01-12-2017 12:04 AM

I'm sure it looked terrible on TV but I can tell you from being at the game live and sitting very close to the court that Pollard was the worst guy on the floor tonight. Others were very bad too, Cooke and Crosby, but Kendall's lack of effort was what shocked me.

CT Flyer 01-12-2017 06:34 AM

Can anyone tell me what our record is in New England since 2000. I have been to every game and remember very few wins. I know we beat URI last year, UMass a few years ago in the A10 tourney and Holy Cross a few years ago but there aren't many more I remember in that time frame. I'm starting to think it's me.

rollo 01-12-2017 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfan4life (Post 479337)
Cant believe Crosby isnt an option. He was pathetic tonight.

I'm not blaming Crosby because it was someone else getting in foul trouble that forced him to play at a crucial time.

Radar 01-12-2017 07:02 AM

Voted KP

Only because I couldn't split my vote 8 ways.

I don't think Archie designed set plays for Kendall to start jacking 3's to start the game. Prevented us from stretching the brief leads we had. Spiraled from there.

NJFlyr71 01-12-2017 07:09 AM

Not on the list

All the players on the floor ..... play poorly as a team you loose as a team.

Last nite they played like a team deserving of a team award.

Figgie123 01-12-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT Flyer (Post 479356)
Can anyone tell me what our record is in New England since 2000. I have been to every game and remember very few wins. I know we beat URI last year, UMass a few years ago in the A10 tourney and Holy Cross a few years ago but there aren't many more I remember in that time frame. I'm starting to think it's me.

I didn't include Fordham, or Philly, since they aren't truly New England, so I only show the 3 schools you list as away games for Flyers in New England. I don't believe UD has played any neutral site games in the New England area, but I don't have that tracked properly to know for sure.

UD's record therefore is 9-13 since the 1999-2000 season. First game is at Massachusetts, 1/20/2000.

Code:

opponent          | wins | losses
---------------------------+------+--------
 Rhode Island              |    4 |      6
 Holy Cross                |    1 |      0
 Massachusetts            |    4 |      7

CT Flyer 01-12-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Figgie123 (Post 479394)
I didn't include Fordham, or Philly, since they aren't truly New England, so I only show the 3 schools you list as away games for Flyers in New England. I don't believe UD has played any neutral site games in the New England area, but I don't have that tracked properly to know for sure.

UD's record therefore is 9-13 since the 1999-2000 season. First game is at Massachusetts, 1/20/2000.

Code:

opponent          | wins | losses
---------------------------+------+--------
 Rhode Island              |    4 |      6
 Holy Cross                |    1 |      0
 Massachusetts            |    4 |      7

Thanks for doing that Figgie! I'm actually surprised it's that close to .500. it just feels like Everytime I go to these games we lose. And that really sucks since it's really the only time I get to see them play live.

CE80 01-12-2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT Flyer (Post 479428)
Thanks for doing that Figgie! I'm actually surprised it's that close to .500. it just feels like Everytime I go to these games we lose. And that really sucks since it's really the only time I get to see them play live.

So now we know the reason. Stop going to games CT Flyer :)

Beatty Town Coach 01-12-2017 03:01 PM

Archie earned my vote! For not yanking Cooke and Crosby; and for all the other reasons, or lack thereof, Archie earrrrnnneeeedddd my vote.

Miller and Gregory on a staff together would be a very not so interesting social project.

Folks, with all do respect, the Flyers haven't a clue as to who they are, or what they hope to accomplish on offense. It's the curse gift that never stops giving in this program. Offensive IQ is no longer a part of UD basketball; and it hasn't been for many years...essentially the past 13 years.