UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Myles Belyeu - Anyone know anything about him? (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31986)

TommyGola 03-07-2018 12:24 PM

Myles Belyeu - Anyone know anything about him?

He is a local kid - Trotwood High School; 6'4"/210 pounds. He has a two-star rating, but he seems to be a young man with a good upside. He is near the top of his class academically and seems to have a lot of the "intangibles," like the desire to work his butt off to get better. Is he worth a look?

maddog07 03-07-2018 05:28 PM

No. We don't need a 2star with upside. We are overloaded with upsides. That's why we lost so many games. We need kids who can play well now. We offer lots of opportunities, only Josh would seem to have a virtually guarantee spot. No one else is at this juncture championship caliber.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gazoo 03-07-2018 05:48 PM

I hate to agree with him, but, it's true. We (will) have minutes to offer kids who can play right now. That's often a reason someone chooses another school. Go for someone who's ready to play right now and tell them "if you're right there are minutes, very few people ahead of you on the rotation."

CE80 03-07-2018 07:55 PM

I'll give you upside. Upside the head.

jack72 03-07-2018 08:03 PM

If he had good upside, he would be a three or four star.
Posted via Mobile Device

DGO67 03-07-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack72 (Post 542097)
If he had good upside, he would be a three or four star.
Posted via Mobile Device

Valid point...that's exactly how Wall Street operates!

CvilleFlyer 03-07-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoo (Post 542077)
I hate to agree with him, but, it's true. We (will) have minutes to offer kids who can play right now. That's often a reason someone chooses another school. Go for someone who's ready to play right now and tell them "if you're right there are minutes, very few people ahead of you on the rotation."

The names that have been mentioned in the 2018 recruiting thread and transfers that come to mind that fit the above description are Anfernee Simons, Philmon Gebrewhit, Frankie Policelli and Wyatt Walker. Include Dwayne Cohill and Jhery Matos as they are already committed. If I am forgetting anyone we have offered that is 3 star or above I apologize!

OSU Flyer 03-07-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer (Post 542100)
The names that have been mentioned in the 2018 recruiting thread and transfers that come to mind that fit the above description are Anfernee Simons, Philmon Gebrewhit, Frankie Policelli and Wyatt Walker. Include Dwayne Cohill and Jhery Matos as they are already committed. If I am forgetting anyone we have offered that is 3 star or above I apologize!

Neftali Alvarez, Shane Gatling, Wendell Mitchell

CvilleFlyer 03-07-2018 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 542102)
Neftali Alvarez, Shane Gatling, Wendell Mitchell

Thanks OSU Flyer, I knew I was going to forget some significant names!

All three have complete games and can shoot the rock!

TommyGola 03-07-2018 11:01 PM

I have done some more research on this young man. I think he is definitely worth a look from the staff. He is averaging 25 points per game on arguably one of the best teams in the state. He is second in scoring in the Greater Western Ohio Conference behind Samari Curtis, the Xavier recruit, who averages 30 per game. Myles is averaging more points per game than Dwayne Cohill, on at least an equivalent team. He is shooting 54% from the field and 68% from the line. I know the reception of him in the comments above is not very good, but I suggest that 2-star rating is a bunch of bunk. Wasn't Brian Roberts a 2-star? I am going to watch this kid very closely as Trotwood makes its run through the tournament. To top it off, he has a 4.6 academic average, which I believe implies he is taking advanced placement courses. I suggest Priders take a look at this young man; he is a senior and could play next year.

udscott 03-08-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyGola (Post 542115)
I have done some more research on this young man. I think he is definitely worth a look from the staff. He is averaging 25 points per game on arguably one of the best teams in the state. He is second in scoring in the Greater Western Ohio Conference behind Samari Curtis, the Xavier recruit, who averages 30 per game. Myles is averaging more points per game than Dwayne Cohill, on at least an equivalent team. He is shooting 54% from the field and 68% from the line. I know the reception of him in the comments above is not very good, but I suggest that 2-star rating is a bunch of bunk. Wasn't Brian Roberts a 2-star? I am going to watch this kid very closely as Trotwood makes its run through the tournament. To top it off, he has a 4.6 academic average, which I believe implies he is taking advanced placement courses. I suggest Priders take a look at this young man; he is a senior and could play next year.

ok dad enough bragging about your kid

rollo 03-08-2018 08:24 AM

rollo 03-08-2018 10:53 AM

his GPA is 3.6

http://www.wingam.com/penn-station-a...-myles-belyeu/

The kid sounds like a winner in life and basketball...good luck to him.