UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Womens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   AP Top 25 votes (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31775)

jaburr91 01-23-2018 05:24 PM

AP Top 25 votes

Dayton received a vote in the latest AP Top 25.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...kings/_/poll/1

UACFlyer 01-23-2018 05:46 PM

Opponents

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaburr91 (Post 532076)
Dayton received a vote in the latest AP Top 25.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...kings/_/poll/1

...and two opponents that beat us by single-digit margins are a bit ahead of us...Green Bay at #22 and South Fla at #29.

maddog07 01-24-2018 12:09 PM

Reviewing my prior comments I now appear prescient:

"This schedule is crap. Deters recruits from wanting to play here and adds little in the way of entertainment for the fans.

I don't buy that power teams don't want to come here. Its not like the men where we pack in 13,000 rabid fans to back the team scaring off adversaries.

Why can't we find a better tourney than the minor one in Maine? Tulane, Maine and Harvard. A virtual murders row!!!

Morgan State, Pine Bluff. Mississippi Valley State, REALLY???... go ahead name their conference, or nickname,, hell its hard to guess the state ( maybe Mississippi?)

Well at least we offset these low lights with Quinnipac ( surely we know their conference and nickname) and James Madison ( their only claim to fame being transfer Charles Cooke)

You don't get national recognition and get to another level playing these names, irrespective of the purported RPI . If we win, well we should and if not a black eye. Will be interesting to see what that actually turns out to be after the non con.

What's wrong with playing a few more schools with a brand???? "

Avid Flyer 01-24-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog07 (Post 532358)
Reviewing my prior comments I now appear prescient:

"This schedule is crap. Deters recruits from wanting to play here and adds little in the way of entertainment for the fans.

I don't buy that power teams don't want to come here. Its not like the men where we pack in 13,000 rabid fans to back the team scaring off adversaries.

Why can't we find a better tourney than the minor one in Maine? Tulane, Maine and Harvard. A virtual murders row!!!

Morgan State, Pine Bluff. Mississippi Valley State, REALLY???... go ahead name their conference, or nickname,, hell its hard to guess the state ( maybe Mississippi?)

Well at least we offset these low lights with Quinnipac ( surely we know their conference and nickname) and James Madison ( their only claim to fame being transfer Charles Cooke)

You don't get national recognition and get to another level playing these names, irrespective of the purported RPI . If we win, well we should and if not a black eye. Will be interesting to see what that actually turns out to be after the non con.

What's wrong with playing a few more schools with a brand???? "

I nominate maddog07 to set up our schedule with real band teams that he knows we can get. For both the mens and womens programs.

Hop to it maddog since you are so sure it can be done.

maddog07 01-24-2018 11:13 PM

Nice retort Avid. Your lack of logic is acute. The facts speak for themselves. We have professionals to arrange schedules. Highly paid, full time, experienced people who make a career doing this. But in this case their performance, was clearly lacking, as I astutely pointed out long ago, your inane comments then and now notwithstanding.
Posted via Mobile Device

Avid Flyer 01-25-2018 01:53 AM

Your in a league all by yourself. You have no idea what goes into scheduling how hard it is to get top brand teams to come into the arena yet you speak as though you are part of that inner circle and know first hand which you dont.

Monday morning quarterbacks are everywhere wether it be game analysis or scheduling. Those who can do those who can't criticize.

What I do know is Coach Greene wants a difficult non con schedule, and oh BTW our rpi shows it.

maddog07 01-25-2018 10:23 AM

Really??? 63rd!! 63 - exactly where you want to be.... if you don't want an at large bid. FAIL!

Oh, and its not hard to schedule. You go to better tournaments that the stinker in Maine, you go play better teams at their place, and you don't bring in crap like......Morgan State #295!& # APB 341- yes 341 .. are there worse teams, maybe in China... especially when you don't play in a power conference.

UACFlyer 01-25-2018 10:58 AM

Winning....

Just keep winning!

Avid Flyer 01-25-2018 11:03 AM

In case you missed it we had moved up to 57 and was about to crack the 50 group. Rpi changes daily as does sos. The Duquesne games will help us. Again off U D your input I'm sure they're totally clueless without it.

Avid Flyer 01-25-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UACFlyer (Post 532548)
Just keep winning!

Funny how that solves everything. Like what conference were in. We need to be in the big East chant. I say we need to be in the NCAA's. Butler did just fine doing that in the Horizon.

As and old timer I too would love see our old rivals who are in the NBE, but they don't want us. Gotta make lemonade out of sour lemons.

UACFlyer 01-25-2018 11:42 AM

Winning, plus....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avid Flyer (Post 532550)
Funny how that solves everything. Like what conference were in. We need to be in the big East chang. I say we need to be in the NCAA's. Butler did just fine doing that in the Hori7.

As and old timer I too would love see our old rivals who are in the NBE, but they don't want us. Gotta make lemonade out of sour lemons.

We can win and excel in the A10.....probably have to win the tournament to make the NCAAs, maybe not. But where the weak conference and SOS bites you is a low seed pitting the Flyers against a top-tier opponent in round one...so it's almost surely one-and-gone. That's tough.

Go Flyers!

jaburr91 01-25-2018 12:07 PM

ESPN Charlie Creme's latest bracketology has Dayton in as the lone A10 representative as an 11 seed.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...l/bracketology

jaburr91 01-25-2018 12:51 PM

https://twitter.com/DaytonMSoccer/st...60878039719937

If maddog07 was in charge of UDMSOC scheduling they would be playing Columbus Crew.

maddog07 01-25-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UACFlyer (Post 532559)
We can win and excel in the A10.....probably have to win the tournament to make the NCAAs, maybe not. But where the weak conference and SOS bites you is a low seed pitting the Flyers against a top-tier opponent in round one...so it's almost surely one-and-gone. That's tough.

Go Flyers!

Thank you. I rest.
Posted via Mobile Device

jaburr91 01-31-2018 11:34 PM

Dayton still with one vote in this week's AP poll -- joined (temporarily?) by Duquesne with one vote as well.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...3/seasontype/2

jaburr91 02-05-2018 03:00 PM

Radar 02-12-2018 01:21 PM

11 votes for Dayton this week...essentially #29 in polls.

jaburr91 02-12-2018 01:21 PM

Dayton with 11 votes this week.

Quote:

Others receiving votes: LSU 28, Nebraska 22, West Virginia 20, Dayton 11

jack72 02-12-2018 02:48 PM

We are #50 in Sagarin and the A10 is #12. In RPI we are #39. Those are our anchors right now.

jpk4ud 02-12-2018 06:08 PM

I like it right were we are. Keep that chip on your shoulder and play harder.

jpk4ud 02-19-2018 01:28 PM

Orbit flyer 02-20-2018 04:50 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Orbit flyer 02-20-2018 04:55 PM

I do believe that it’s very difficult to get into the top 25 if you are not in a power 5 conference. This current flyer team has done really well against the schedule that was put in front of them. Just keep winning,and we will see if the seeding is reflective of the good record this year. The second weekend should be the norm now,anything less brings no respect from the outsiders!
Posted via Mobile Device

UACFlyer 02-20-2018 05:58 PM

Second weekend

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orbit flyer (Post 538256)
I do believe that it’s very difficult to get into the top 25 if you are not in a power 5 conference. This current flyer team has done really well against the schedule that was put in front of them. Just keep winning,and we will see if the seeding is reflective of the good record this year. The second weekend should be the norm now,anything less brings no respect from the outsiders!
Posted via Mobile Device

The second weekend was always Ted Kissell's oft-stated goal, for men and women. At that point the field of 300+ Div 1 schools is down to 16....and it can be said that teams in that group are competing for the national championship. That was Ted's objective.

We know how special that is, having experienced it recently for both men's and women's teams. It's really tough to win two games in the Dance.

Go Flyers!

Lifelong Flyer Fan 02-20-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orbit flyer (Post 538256)
Posted via Mobile Device

Making the second weekend is extremely tough because you have to defeat the highest seeded team (at that site) on their home floor unless another team does it in the first game. Last year we drew Louisville on their home court in the first game. The Elite Eight year we defeated Kentucky on their home court to advance. It's tough to do. I wouldn't say anything less brings no respect. I do hope we get a good enough seed to not draw the home team in game one, but I don't expect it.