UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Very early pre-season top 25 rankings (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30867)

ud2 04-14-2017 01:40 PM

Very early pre-season top 25 rankings

longtimefan 04-14-2017 02:00 PM

Do we play Alabama this season? If not, not sure why we should care where they are ranked.

ud2 04-14-2017 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtimefan (Post 503875)
Do we play Alabama this season? If not, not sure why we should care where they are ranked.

How Avery Johnson does at Alabama is relevant to me since some posters are pushing a narrative that AG's struggles at Alabama were due to Nick Saban and the football program siphoning off resources from the basketball program/it is very difficult to succeed at a middling p5 school/Alabama does not care about basketball, etc.

None of those alleged disadvantages have stopped AJ from fielding a pre-season top 25 team for next year.

Regardless, I hope that AG has been able to figure out what went wrong during his time at Alabama.

hawkoooo 04-15-2017 12:22 AM

I hope we play Alabama, @Indiana, Wichita State, @USC (the real USC, South Carolina)

It would be cool to try keeping the current Alabama series especially when you consider the plot line with AG. Something tells me Greg Marshall's desire to schedule UD was not reliant upon Archie's presence. Then you have the relationship of AG and Frank Martin. Those four plus the Charleston tourney and @SMC would be a monster non-con schedule.

flyhi524 04-15-2017 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkoooo (Post 503911)
I hope we play Alabama, @Indiana, Wichita State, @USC (the real USC, South Carolina)

It would be cool to try keeping the current Alabama series especially when you consider the plot line with AG. Something tells me Greg Marshall's desire to schedule UD was not reliant upon Archie's presence. Then you have the relationship of AG and Frank Martin. Those four plus the Charleston tourney and @SMC would be a monster non-con schedule.

I'd bet a hundred bucks that none of those schools are on the schedule next year

UD62 04-15-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyhi524 (Post 503912)
I'd bet a hundred bucks that none of those schools are on the schedule next year

Of the teams mentioned, our best possibility is WSU, and that is probably 50-50
at best, put the others at zero.

longtimefan 04-15-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ud2 (Post 503909)
How Avery Johnson does at Alabama is relevant to me since some posters are pushing a narrative that AG's struggles at Alabama were due to Nick Saban and the football program siphoning off resources from the basketball program/it is very difficult to succeed at a middling p5 school/Alabama does not care about basketball, etc.

None of those alleged disadvantages have stopped AJ from fielding a pre-season top 25 team for next year.

Regardless, I hope that AG has been able to figure out what went wrong during his time at Alabama.

Oh, I see. More trashing of the AG hire. AG had Alabama ranked 16th in the country when we played them in 2011.

UD62 04-15-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtimefan (Post 503947)
Oh, I see. More trashing of the AG hire. AG had Alabama ranked 16th in the country when we played them in 2011.

longtime. bringing out facts only confuses him. He is on a mission.

TX Flyer 04-15-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UD62 (Post 503952)
longtime. bringing out facts only confuses him. He is on a mission.

Just like the fact that everyone keeps mentioning it's a football school so he wasn't expected to succeed?