UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Don't go here if you're not a dreamer! (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32855)

Glen Clark 02-10-2019 11:26 AM

Don't go here if you're not a dreamer!

Seven games left in the regular season . . .
One more win guarantees the Flyers a winning season and a first round bye in the conference tournament.
Two more wins guarantees the Flyers a winning conference record.
Six more wins guarantees a double bye in the conference tournament and a 22-9 regular season record.
Winning all seven guarantees a share of first place, a 23-8 regular season record, but only a nod from the bubble.
Winning the conference tournament draws a 13 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

UDGutter2 02-10-2019 11:31 AM

And finish the season with 17 straight victories they'll get s real nice trophy.

Hey, you said it was for dreamers.

sheg 02-10-2019 11:45 AM

If they win seven straight plus the conference tournament, I'd wager the seed would be much higher than 13 at 26-8. Probably a 7. It's fun to dream about even if it requires wins at Davidson, Duquesne, and UMass.

(Side note: why do we call 7 a HIGHER seed than a 13?)

CT Flyer 02-10-2019 11:47 AM

If we have 20 + wins and win the A10 tourney we will be a higher seed than a 13.

longtimefan 02-10-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheg (Post 574218)
(Side note: why do we call 7 a HIGHER seed than a 13?)

That sometimes gets confusing. That is why I use the terms "better" and "worse" instead of "higher" and "lower."

ruechalgrin 02-10-2019 01:03 PM

If Dayton wins out they would be somewhere between 6-6 and 8-6 in top 100 games (quad 1 and quad 2). Less than a 1% chance this happens, but if it did Dayton would be a 6-8 seed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Glen Clark 02-10-2019 09:18 PM

Forgot one

Three more wins guarantees udscott goes down in flames. :D

N2663R 02-11-2019 08:25 AM

Take our 20+ wins, input them into the NCAA NET system:
http://www.udpride.com/forums/pictur...&pictureid=304
Out comes whatever the NCAA wants our seeding to be . . . .

Canonball 02-11-2019 09:53 AM

While we're dreaming. X's implosion continues for the next decade.

udscott 02-11-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen Clark (Post 574293)
Three more wins guarantees udscott goes down in flames. :D

that's funny, my kind of humor

Wallage 02-11-2019 01:28 PM

Win the next 7 regular season games plus I'd say 2 A10 tourney games and I think we've gotta be getting really close to right side of the at-large bubble. VCU and Davidson would be high quality spring board wins. If Duquesne hangs in there a win at there place would be worthwhile. SLU and RI aren't the best of wins right now but still bring some resume value.

This team can put together some clunkers and lose to almost anyone. It has also shown the ability to hang tough with just about anyone in the country. Avoid the really, really bad shooting nights and we'd be a tough out. If you could guarantee me we'd shoot 35% from the 3 on reasonable volume and bring the defense I'd pick us for an NCAA tournament upset.

That said, no I don't think that many wins will happen. But it is possible.

sheg 02-11-2019 01:47 PM

That would be 25-9. That's worthy of an at-large bid I would think.

TA111 02-11-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruechalgrin (Post 574225)
If Dayton wins out they would be somewhere between 6-6 and 8-6 in top 100 games (quad 1 and quad 2). Less than a 1% chance this happens, but if it did Dayton would be a 6-8 seed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Rue, let’s go with a more realistic scenario. We win all games were favored in-only losing to Davidson on the road- and win first 2 in A10 tourney, losing in Champ game. Where do think that leaves us?

Flyerferd 02-11-2019 02:52 PM

Beat VCU (Q2) and Davidson (Q1)! Root for Butler to get into the top 50. That gives 2 Q1 wins. If Duquesne can somehow get into the top 75, that’s all of a sudden a Q1 opportunity. You said dream right? After that, hope Davidson and VCU keep on winning. We need Q1 wins in Brooklyn!
Posted via Mobile Device

squirt 02-11-2019 03:11 PM

Earlier Missed Chances

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheg (Post 574377)
That would be 25-9. That's worthy of an at-large bid I would think.

We had our chances earlier when leading against the likes of Oklahoma and Mississippi State. Close those games out and we are in the discussion. As much as we don't like it, wins over the larger and better conference also rans or 2nd tier teams go way further than beating an A-10 higher tier teams. It has been soaked into the blood of the committee for so long. That's why I was so ****ed off that we lost a few early winnable games against the name brands.....it was bound to come back and bite us even with solid conference performance

Canonball 02-11-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirt (Post 574388)
We had our chances earlier when leading against the likes of Oklahoma and Mississippi State. Close those games out and we are in the discussion. As much as we don't like it, wins over the larger and better conference also rans or 2nd tier teams go way further than beating an A-10 higher tier teams. It has been soaked into the blood of the committee for so long. That's why I was so ****ed off that we lost a few early winnable games against the name brands.....it was bound to come back and bite us even with solid conference performance

Not too mention other than UVA those teams the Flyers lost to are currently mid-to-low in their respective conferences. Even the Butler win is currently looking just OK.

Beatty Town Coach 02-11-2019 03:56 PM

This is "Dreamers Ville"!

Let's see, I'm a Dayton Flyers Basketball Season Ticket Holder, and I have travelled most of the Western Hemisphere following my beloved Flyers around in a circle; Ten bus rides to the sintas cement bunker, same-old pre-known result.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am, like most of you, in a constant state of wake up wetness. When I suddenly awake OBI Toppin is drifting through mid air ala Mike Jordan, while gathering a Ryan Mikesell Touch Pass about five ten feet from the rim in the National Title game wit 5 seconds left, while xavier players and cheerleaders watch from below as the University of Dayton High Flying Flyer slams home the winning shot to deny norwood university the national championship, while 25,000 Flyer Fanatics chant DONALD TRUMP, DONALD TRUMP, DONALD TRUMP, DONALD TRUMP. While watching RUDY and the Flyer Cheerleaders, and Doc Morris storm the court, and the band plays "Were Going to Make Your Team Feel Blue...getting ready to watch Anthony Grant cut down the net, and waiting for "One Shinming Moment" and Neil gets a call from the little east conference, and tells them to go touch themselves.

Oh, and I'm the new and amazingly great host of "National Champions Feedback"

ClaytonFlyerFan 02-11-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach (Post 574398)
This is "Dreamers Ville"!

Let's see, I'm a Dayton Flyers Basketball Season Ticket Holder, and I have travelled most of the Western Hemisphere following my beloved Flyers around in a circle; Ten bus rides to the sintas cement bunker, same-old pre-known result.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am, like most of you, in a constant state of wake up wetness. When I suddenly awake OBI Toppin is drifting through mid air ala Mike Jordan, while gathering a Ryan Mikesell Touch Pass about five ten feet from the rim in the National Title game wit 5 seconds left, while xavier players and cheerleaders watch from below as the University of Dayton High Flying Flyer slams home the winning shot to deny norwood university the national championship, while 25,000 Flyer Fanatics chant DONALD TRUMP, DONALD TRUMP, DONALD TRUMP, DONALD TRUMP. While watching RUDY and the Flyer Cheerleaders, and Doc Morris storm the court, and the band plays "Were Going to Make Your Team Feel Blue...getting ready to watch Anthony Grant cut down the net, and waiting for "One Shinming Moment" and Neil gets a call from the little east conference, and tells them to go touch themselves.

Oh, and I'm the new and amazingly great host of "National Champions Feedback"

Great post other than the part about beating Favier. Xuck them, hope they are not even in the tourney, even sweeter in my opinion.

Beatty Town Coach 02-11-2019 04:10 PM

I see your perspective. but I'm thinking I want fans of said school to have a front row seat to feel the pain of it all, and to suck on our celebration. I wouldn't want them to miss that.

ruechalgrin 02-11-2019 04:46 PM

TA1111, unfortunately I think Dayton is like first 8 out of go 9-2 losing at Davison and in A-10 Championsho game.
Posted via Mobile Device

steverino015 02-11-2019 05:37 PM

hey, back after 2 eye surgeries! I said earlier that Dayton would make the NCAA tournament.... but the only way would be by winning the Atlantic 10 tournament...

concerned about Josh now.... hope this time off this week will help him....

yes, we could win out and that would be awesome... depends which UD team shows up, hopefully the one that demolished RI.... and not the other one in the prior game...

Runnin' Rebel 02-11-2019 08:28 PM

I'm not dreaming... after 11 games our Flyers are competing for an A10 title!

By comparison, Dayton's A10 eleven game record (and final record)... during 4 year tourney run:

2016-17 = 9-2 (15-3)
2015-16 = 10-1 (14-4)
2014-15 = 8-3 (13-5)
2013-14 = 6-5 (10-6)

Gazoo 02-11-2019 08:55 PM

FWIW, we have the best road record in the A10.

ruechalgrin 02-11-2019 09:38 PM

Challenge is A-10 is way way way down compared to 4 NCAA runs and Dayton had better out-of-conference wins too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Willy418 02-11-2019 10:31 PM

Simple and perhaps easiest route to NCAA tournament. Win the A Ten Tournament. Nuff said.

jack72 02-12-2019 10:09 AM

Lots of optimism right now, but I will wait for mine after the next two games. Those will tell the story.

Flyerferd 02-12-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack72 (Post 574464)
Lots of optimism right now, but I will wait for mine after the next two games. Those will tell the story.

Oh let’s not kid ourselves! The thread was about what we can dream up. I am under no illusions we will get to 25 or 26 wins. I just want a top 4 Atlantic 10 finish. I haven’t seen us win at UMass yet, so on the realistic front, I still need to see that.
Posted via Mobile Device

sheg 02-12-2019 11:35 AM

I never predict a Flyers loss. There's only "should win" games and "this'll be tough and a lot of things need to go right" games. So from that point of view, I'm technically predicting 26-8 :D

These next four games will be interesting. VCU at home is tough but winnable. At Davidson will be "tough and a lot of things need to go right." Win those two and I'll start to get excited.

SLU at home is winnable but their personnel seems to be a tough matchup for this UD roster and made them look worse than any opponent has this year. At UMass is certainly winnable, but with Jekyll and Hyde UD versus Jekyll and Hyde UMass, who the hell knows which teams will show up.

Win all four of those, then wow. LaSalle and Rhody at home are very winnable. At Duquesne is very tough; they're actually a pretty good team at this point in the season.