UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A-Hole Kollars, DDN (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20868)

Tony T 71 04-15-2012 11:18 AM

A-Hole Kollars, DDN

He takes a pot shot at UD every chance he gets, which is often. How many times has he taken a shot at Wright St.? ZERO
He is a total A-Hole:mad:

How has our graduation rate been for basketball? Great
How many players from last years team either graduated or are on track? All of them.

Sorry but that jerk sits behind his computer and pounds our program. I'm sure there are many of us who would like to tell him to his face what we think but he will remain in hiding behind his desk:angryfire:

I guess the Dayton Daily Worker(DDN) has to stoop to that level until they go out of business:eek::rolleyes:

Peace and God Bless my friends;)

Fair34 04-15-2012 11:23 AM

What did he enter into his computer this time?

Tony T 71 04-15-2012 12:46 PM

It's in todays paper, the fact that we are recruiting Ryan Taylor who has "academic issues".
" Hey, give Archie Miller credit. He's trying to build a big-time program, risky recruits and all"

I hope his kids are perfect and never need any help in school:rolleyes:

Go UD Flyers 04-15-2012 01:08 PM

A-Kollars, DDN

Kollars is not an A-Hole, he is a perfect A-Hole. He is nothing but a smart alleck punk. He has no idea what real work is. I will not subscribe to the DDN as they throw rocks at the home town team.

Tony T 71 04-15-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go UD Flyers (Post 265814)
Kollars is not an A-Hole, he is a perfect A-Hole. He is nothing but a smart alleck punk. He has no idea what real work is. I will not subscribe to the DDN as they throw rocks at the home town team.

I agree, he is what we teach out children not to be, a bully:eek:

UDBrian 04-15-2012 03:34 PM

he has power. he can write whatever he wants and listen to the people on this board complain. As UD2 said on another thread. I don't care if a guy has struggled with academics in high school if they are committed now.

FIFO28 04-15-2012 07:27 PM

If he was being recruited across town it would have been a totally different spin. BK loves his Raiders and thats all theres to it.

LI Flyer 04-15-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDBrian (Post 265819)
he has power. he can write whatever he wants and listen to the people on this board complain. As UD2 said on another thread. I don't care if a guy has struggled with academics in high school if they are committed now.

I don't know Brian Kollars, and I fail to believe that he is significant in any manner shape or form. In the past I've read a few of his blogs but walked away unimpressed. From a rudimentary search of his bio we know is from the great (??) state of South Dakota (you know the people that gave us Sturgis and the Badlands). He graduated from Valparaiso and has done little to make us believe he is a "mover and shaker".

UDBrian - you state he has power! Let us remember that power in actuality is influence. I don't live in the Dayton area but I fail to believe he has any sway with anyone outside of the DDN. He is insignificant and as such is not worthy of our concern. SIMPLY SAID HE HAS NO POWER UNLESS WE GIVE IT TO HIM. LET HIM REMAIN A WEASEL.

Buster Goode 04-16-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony T 71 (Post 265811)
It's in todays paper, the fact that we are recruiting Ryan Taylor who has "academic issues".
" Hey, give Archie Miller credit. He's trying to build a big-time program, risky recruits and all"

I hope his kids are perfect and never need any help in school:rolleyes:

Wow, hang him in effigy. Burn his house down. That's just brutal and uncalled for. I can't believe he said that.

rollo 04-16-2012 10:31 AM

Is this the quote that has you up in arms??

"UD is in the market for a point guard after cutting ties with Jevon Thomas, who has attended more high schools than a substitute teacher. Probably not a bad thing. Now the Flyers are courting a prep school star named Ryan Taylor, who scared off Louisville because of academic issues.
Hey, give Archie Miller credit. He’s trying to build a big-time program, risky recruits and all."

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...t-1360216.html

Someone explain to me how this quote is worth a coronary.

Tony T 71 04-16-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollo (Post 265857)
"UD is in the market for a point guard after cutting ties with Jevon Thomas, who has attended more high schools than a substitute teacher. Probably not a bad thing. Now the Flyers are courting a prep school star named Ryan Taylor, who scared off Louisville because of academic issues.
Hey, give Archie Miller credit. He’s trying to build a big-time program, risky recruits and all."

I didn't have a coronary, I already have heart disease:whiteflag:

It bothered me because this wasn't the first and it won't be the last time this hack takes a shot at UD. That's all, guess it was just the fan in me coming out;) Opinions are like noses, everybody has one:D

rollo 04-16-2012 11:11 AM

Since Kollars says it's 'not a bad thing' that UD walked away from prospect 1 and gives Miller credit for taking a chance on prospect 2 that Louisville wouldn't I took it as a compliment, not a 'shot'.

SHQCKEY 04-16-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony T 71 (Post 265805)
He takes a pot shot at UD every chance he gets, which is often. How many times has he taken a shot at Wright St.? ZERO

So he takes shots at UD and not Wright State, so what? I'd be more upset if he talked about Wright State all the time and ignored UD. It just tells us how much more relevant UD is within the city. Who would take time out of their day to take shots at a school no one cares about?

premania 04-16-2012 12:01 PM

Bucky Albers once spoke to my high school journalism class. I asked him why he didn't report on an incident involving players that was swept under the rug by the university. His response was he knew of the incident, but also knows where the money from his check comes from and he was to old to get ran out of town by donors/fans. Said UD would only put up with negative commentary if it was about another team or wildly obvious like Player X going 0-10 when he averages 15 points a game...Now I know what he meant.

NCkevi 04-16-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by premania (Post 265864)
Bucky Albers once spoke to my high school journalism class. I asked him why he didn't report on an incident involving players that was swept under the rug by the university. His response was he knew of the incident, but also knows where the money from his check comes from and he was to old to get ran out of town by donors/fans. Said UD would only put up with negative commentary if it was about another team or wildly obvious like Player X going 0-10 when he averages 15 points a game...Now I know what he meant.

I've talked a lot of UD basketball with Bucky and have to call BS on this!

UDHOOPS4NCAA 04-16-2012 02:45 PM

We just need to get him a new pair of green and gold pom pom's and he will leave us alone

UD Sam 04-16-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollo (Post 265857)

That sentence could be interpreted as either supportive or sarcastic (a put down). But, based on Kollar's history of negative comments about the Flyers, I can understand why Tony interpreted it as putting Dayton down.

I can't remember any article by BK that praised or supported the Flyers, therefore, he comes across as a cocky writer whose Dayton articles are arrogant, negative, and prove his lack of knowledge about UD basketball.

The dislike of Kollars goes back a few years. See the January 2008 UD Pride thread below.

http://www.flyersports.com/forums/ar...hp?t-3355.html

shocka43 04-18-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCkevi (Post 265865)
I've talked a lot of UD basketball with Bucky and have to call BS on this!

I think there is a big difference between a talk over a beer with someone, or even in passing, than a reporter who is writing a column or frequent articles.

I have had some very candid conversations with those who represent UD and all that is good for UD, and they come across with some of the same things you may have had with Bucky and truthfulness of subject. However, none of these individuals are in the print media and none of them would think that I would take what they say publish it.

Honesty in those that report is great. But in the end, they know who pays the bills and where sponsor money comes from...they aren't going to take a dump in their own backyard.