UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Golden Century Mark Award - VCU (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31714)

rollo 01-12-2018 10:17 PM

Golden Century Mark Award - VCU

Did VCU leave their cheerleaders at home? Why else would they play so flat and lazy?

So many Golden Flyer efforts displayed tonite...too bad only 1 of My Flyers will claim it! Vote away...this one will be very, very interesting.

And thank Me for snowblowers...the royal driveway was buried...UGH!

Runnin' Rebel 01-12-2018 10:22 PM

Bady D dominated VCU in this first half!

Smitty10 01-12-2018 10:24 PM

Baby D was an easy choice from me because he did it just about all game long.

But the other Davis, wow, I can't imagine how crazy good this guy is going to be by the time he's a junior and senior. I haven't been this high on a shooting guard since B-Rob and I don't see any reason why he can't be as good.

udx2 01-12-2018 10:25 PM

Clearly it is Joey who put the exclamation point on this resounding victory.

Bill202 01-12-2018 10:27 PM

Nice to have all these to pick from! :cool:

ClaytonFlyerFan 01-12-2018 10:33 PM

Clutcher. Yes I said CLUTCHer

Almost had a triple double. Zero Turnovers (10 to 0 assist to turnover ratio for those of you keeping score at home) 3 steals, and a team leading plus minus rating for the night.

Not bad for a freshman point guard many were worried about.

CvilleFlyer 01-12-2018 10:43 PM

Jordan Davis got my vote because he made three straight 3 pointers at the beginning of the game to get the fireworks started! His star really shined tonight with a new career high of 21 points!

Anthony Grant gave him a pep talk after practice and it seems to have worked. AG is pushing all the right buttons. Jordan passed up some late three point attempts in order to drive to the basket and it resulted in an and one. A three the old fashioned way!

FlyerGuyer 01-12-2018 10:55 PM

Great game all-around and DD doing what Seniors do, but I gots to go with The CRUTCH.

TXFlyerFan 01-12-2018 11:06 PM

:DGotta go with Crutcher. I mean, DD, JD, and Cunningham had outstanding games too, but to be two rebounds shy of a triple double, as a Freshman PG.:D:beermug:

TommyGola 01-13-2018 12:12 AM

I voted for Darrell Davis. He had another career game. Superb ball movement gave him more open looks and he took advantage of them.

T-Bone 84 01-13-2018 12:20 AM

Went with DD (fka Baby D), but I agree that a near-triple-double from a 6’1” freshman PG merits consideration, as does a freshman burying shots from the opening tip the way JD did. Still, Darrell only missed 1 shot all night long, and continued to play with a determination we didn’t really see out of him before this year. Playing like a senior leader should play!
Posted via Mobile Device

BeckysTXA 01-13-2018 12:40 AM

If there had been an “ all of the above” option it would have gotten my vote. So many guys did so many things well tonight. I usually have an easy time voting but it was hard tonight. Voted DD in the end. Just an amazing shooting night and 9 boards.

Go-UD-Go 01-13-2018 12:54 AM

I vote for Davis. Tell coach to recruit more Davises, I like the way they play.

UDGutter2 01-13-2018 05:58 AM

If Gruden had only played longer, he was on pace for 60.

NJFlyr71 01-13-2018 07:29 AM

Baby D played his way to my vote.

Kevinob15 01-13-2018 07:34 AM

DD’s best game of his career can’t deny him. Honorable mention to AG. I vote for him when we lose so I think it’s only fair for when we win as well. He had his guys ready to play from the tip and he thrashed that vaunted havoc defense. Also you could tell that he told Cunningham to take it easy on defense tonight. Better we give up and easy two than be in the hole with foul trouble all night. Tough call to make but it sure paid off.
Posted via Mobile Device

jack72 01-13-2018 10:03 AM

How about an option to vote for Coach Grant and his Staff? They seem to get on the list for the negative vote, so they should be there for the outstanding game. The game plan was not only outstanding, they coached the guys where to position themselves and how to throw over the defense. Grant called two timeouts that I thought were exactly where he needed to, when VCU gained a bit of traction. Then there was his substitution, spot on leaving the ball handlers on the floor. And of course their coaching of Cunningham to deny Tillman position, but once he gets the ball, let him shoot, but do not foul. However, the one great thing to judge a Staff on is do the guys listen and execute? How many time in the last two years did we see lapses on that one? Yesterday, an A+.

I had to vote for DD, because it was a performance we have not seen in awhile from a UD player. His first three years Davis would have buried his head after the two early bad turnovers. Yesterday he grew a pair and said, no, I am not that guy, I am a stud, and wow, was he!

Beatty Town Coach 01-13-2018 10:21 AM

Great game, hard choice...voted Crutcher!

Nice to see XWILLIAMS hit some some shots. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come.

I love Anthony Grant; but with the coach it's not a fairness issue, but rather a seven-figure issue. I cannot applaud a million dollar coach for doing their job, as it's expected.

ud69 01-13-2018 12:31 PM

I voted Crutcher because he handled the pressure so well.

Does anybody have the video of the Landers dunk? It seemed to come out of nowhere - especially after he missed the dunk attempt in the first half.

Radar 01-13-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ud69 (Post 530085)
I voted Crutcher because he handled the pressure so well.

Does anybody have the video of the Landers dunk? It seemed to come out of nowhere - especially after he missed the dunk attempt in the first half.

The highlight is on Dayton BB facebook. And the technical was pure BS unless TL unleashed an F-Bomb. Anything short of that will happen a few dozen times in games across the country and will either be ignored or MAYBE a warning.

With apologies to Rollo, there were calls either made or ignored, IMO, out of deference to the score/blowout.

rollo 01-13-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar (Post 530086)
With apologies to Rollo, there were calls either made or ignored, IMO, out of deference to the score/blowout.

That's typically the case from 2nd grade thru the NBA. Unless it's a crime, you don't see much called the last couple minutes of a blowout.