UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Archdeacon interviews Grant (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31130)

Lifelong Flyer Fan 08-21-2017 09:09 PM

Archdeacon interviews Grant

Coach Grant talks about Kostas and Sam.
http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...USWhODF1OrzYJ/

shocka43 08-22-2017 06:40 AM

I will say that Grant seems to be the most forthcoming about the "goings ons" within the program than I can remember. Looks like those asking questions of him will get honest answers.

flyer2003 08-22-2017 09:18 AM

Am I reading this that they still can't say anything about Kostas physical condition or whether he's ready? That seems incredible.

jack72 08-22-2017 09:40 AM

First time in awhile we have been given some facts and more than a sentence. Love that from Grant.

"Grant said nothing has been promised to Miller in the future.
He did say he likely would not fill the open scholarship before this season begins because the fifth-year transfer players have long ago chosen their schools and the junior college and high school players still remaining without a program likely wouldn’t fit the Flyers needs. And then UD would be committed to them for multiple years to come."

maddog07 08-22-2017 10:11 AM

I though the article was a whole lot of nothing. Hardly worth the read. No wonder papers are struggling.
Posted via Mobile Device

longtimefan 08-22-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog07 (Post 513229)
I though the article was a whole lot of nothing. Hardly worth the read. No wonder papers are struggling.
Posted via Mobile Device

You cannot be serious.

DallasFlyer 08-22-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shocka43 (Post 513219)
I will say that Grant seems to be the most forthcoming about the "goings ons" within the program than I can remember. Looks like those asking questions of him will get honest answers.

I think part of it is that Archdeacon and Anthony Grant have known each other for many years, with histories that go way back together to their Miami, FL upbringings. So it's not terribly surprising that Grant just seems comfortable opening up to him. So it's partly that and also probably partly due to the fact that Archdeacon is naturally going to probe and look for interesting commentary by trade whereas a typical beat reporter is more reporting facts, recruiting visits, roster/injury updates, etc. Archie was willing (somewhat I guess) to give that stuff to the beat reporters, but he wasn't going to just go have lunch with Archdeacon and chat about the program. It's just a totally different dynamic.

Radar 08-22-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyer2003 (Post 513223)
Am I reading this that they still can't say anything about Kostas physical condition or whether he's ready? That seems incredible.

You could find out more about Kostas' condition by sitting outside KU and waiting on him to stop in for lunch!

shocka43 08-23-2017 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer (Post 513238)
I think part of it is that Archdeacon and Anthony Grant have known each other for many years, with histories that go way back together to their Miami, FL upbringings. So it's not terribly surprising that Grant just seems comfortable opening up to him. So it's partly that and also probably partly due to the fact that Archdeacon is naturally going to probe and look for interesting commentary by trade whereas a typical beat reporter is more reporting facts, recruiting visits, roster/injury updates, etc. Archie was willing (somewhat I guess) to give that stuff to the beat reporters, but he wasn't going to just go have lunch with Archdeacon and chat about the program. It's just a totally different dynamic.

And from my dealings with Archdeacon...he is going to put together a respected write up and not "burn" sources...

flyer2003 08-23-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar (Post 513241)
You could find out more about Kostas' condition by sitting outside KU and waiting on him to stop in for lunch!

I'll take a report like this if anyone has one, given that neither the program nor the DDN seems to have anything how many months after the fact.