UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Possible NCAA Opponents (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30661)

UD90 03-11-2017 09:30 AM

Possible NCAA Opponents

Looking at Bracket Matrix... I picked the 8-10's that we would likely be playing. They have us as a 7. Which team do you want to see us matched up against in the first round?

I took Arkansas just because it's an SEC school and our record is good against the SEC. Emotionally I'd like to take on Xavier, but it's a win-lose lose-lose situation given their injuries. I am not sure I could handle Mack looking all smug again.

312to937 03-11-2017 09:41 AM

Assuming we get our mojo back, I would take any of those except Michigan or Northwestern.

lhsgolf19 03-11-2017 09:42 AM

As a Born Michigan Fan as well, please no UM v. UD in the 1st Round, that's all I ask lol.

Plus Michigan is crazy hot right now

UD90 03-11-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 312to937 (Post 494865)
Assuming we get our mojo back, I would take any of those except Michigan or Northwestern.

I replaced Northwestern and VCU since we likely wouldn't be bracketed against them since the NCAA tries to avoid rematches in round 1.

ruechalgrin 03-11-2017 10:38 AM

Witchita St is the 9th best team in the nation according to kenpom. I think they crush Dayton.

San Diego Flyer 03-11-2017 10:54 AM

MSU. They are not themselves this season.

Beatty Town Coach 03-11-2017 03:36 PM

I voted Oklahoma State, but I think Marquette as second choice.

Xavier match-up is high risk/high reward. But it would be awesome to beat those gangsters in the NCAA on nanational tv.

CE80 03-11-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruechalgrin (Post 494881)
Witchita St is the 9th best team in the nation according to kenpom. I think they crush Dayton.

Okay we know who we don't want to play. What do the numbers say as far as who we have the best chance of beating?
Posted via Mobile Device

Jeff 03-11-2017 04:01 PM

Dont want Oklahoma State. They were on fire, recently dropped 3 to good teams. They have a 3 pt sniper. Completely different team from the first half of the year.

Beatty Town Coach 03-11-2017 09:26 PM

Right, and for that reason, I think OK State looks past UD, as the Flyers won't compare, in their minds, to the Big 12 oppents. In contrast Northwestern and Xavier, Marquette, and Wichita State will not look past Dayton so easily.

Piqua Flyer '66 03-11-2017 10:09 PM

I want x!

MrFlyerFanatic 03-11-2017 10:28 PM

Don't know who we get 1st round. We drop to 10 seed with winner potentially playing Arizona in Sacramento or Salt Lake.
Miller Time!

Piqua Flyer '66 03-11-2017 10:38 PM

I want x!

T-Bone 84 03-11-2017 11:02 PM

Lots of intriguing possibilities there, but yes, I want another shot at X. We ran into a buzz saw last year, when they had talent, attitude, and were playing very well. It's time for payback. Our seniors' last rodeo. Do it, gentlemen!
Posted via Mobile Device

Flyer68 03-12-2017 09:46 AM

Between Friday and Saturday, I watched quite a lot of college basketball. Appears that most predictions have us slotted as an 8-9. Based on teams that I saw in the possible 6-12 seeds, based on our last two games, I don't think that any of these teams will be afraid of us. A lot of these teams are playing their A games and, based on our last two games, I wonder where our A game went for the entire game. Be interesting to see what Vegas says because Vegas should be more objective that the selection committee. I am praying for a big win in the first game showing the basketball world what we are capable of - as if they should not have already known. Go Flyers.

Buckleyma 03-12-2017 09:50 AM

I vote for Arizona. This would be a bad match-up for Dayton as Arizona has several "good" bigs. But, as i have mentioned before, it will make for conflict TV as the brother coaches will meet. That is what TV wants. i am disappointed that Arizona is not on the drop down on this poll.
Posted via Mobile Device

Windy City Flyer 03-12-2017 10:19 AM

It terms of matchups for round 1 it's tough,

Northwestern laid an egg against Wisconsin. they've played better with Lindsey coming back.

Wichita St hasn't played anyone in their conference with the exception of Illinois st. They might come out flat, but then again so might we.

X has been up and down all year. Blueit has been on fire and he torched us the last time we played them.

I won't no part of Michigan or Seton Hall. They are both playing well.

Arkansas is on a role but we know how to beat them.

I want another shot at Northwestern. Emotionally, I would really like to play X