UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Welcome to the Family Jordy Tshimanga! (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32257)

lhsgolf19 08-02-2018 10:09 PM

Welcome to the Family Jordy Tshimanga!

Fran Fraschilla

Verified account

@franfraschilla
3m3 minutes ago
More
Former Nebraska big man, Jordy Tshimanga @LaFoudre32 is heading to @DaytonMBB. Good get. Has year to improve under Anthony Grant.

Sit 1... Play 2

Welcome Big Fella! Waiting to hear on his brother

sheg 08-02-2018 10:10 PM

BIG fella.

THirt 08-02-2018 10:14 PM

This is great news. He had multiple big time offers out of high school. Arizona, AZ State, OK State, Minnesota, UNLV, SMU, Pitt... he is the kind of guy who could dominate against A10 competition if he wants to.

Coach Grant got his big man for the next two seasons. Fantastic news, and hopefully little bro follows suit.
Posted via Mobile Device

steverino015 08-02-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THirt (Post 555964)
This is great news. He had multiple big time offers out of high school. Arizona, AZ State, OK State, Minnesota, UNLV, SMU, Pitt... he is the kind of guy who could dominate against A10 competition if he wants to.

Coach Grant got his big man for the next two seasons. Fantastic news, and hopefully little bro follows suit.
Posted via Mobile Device

shoot - hopefully, little bro and LITTLER bro follow suit, let's get all 3....)

frisco flyer 08-03-2018 12:02 AM

tirebiter 08-03-2018 12:16 AM

Yes - YES - YES!

Now I'm really looking forward to this year AND next year!

steverino015 08-03-2018 01:08 AM

various quotes from searching: from Jordy why he played both football and basketball when he was 12: Tshimanga played as much organized football as basketball. He played in full-pad youth leagues in Montreal, mostly as a defensive end and lineman.

“Football was my game,” Tshimanga said. “Seeing people banging around all the time, I liked that physicality.”

he loves playing defense: “Of course, you can always improve,” he said. “I like playing defense — things like helping off on screens, diving for loose balls, rebounding.”

and this from his former coach Tim Wilson at Nebraska after the first week of working with him..: Wilson, who just completed his first week in the weight room with Tshimanga, said he’ll likely list him at 6-11 and 285 pounds, with a goal of getting him into the 270s.

“He’s a great kid who likes to work and only wants to get better,” Wilson said. “He hasn’t lifted a lot in his career. But holy cow, is he strong, especially in the legs. There is a lot to like about him.”

OSU Flyer 08-03-2018 01:21 AM

wonderful news at an area of need

year 3 is starting to look very interesting with what I have to assume is a UD record 3 transfers coming eligible

T-Bone 84 08-03-2018 07:41 AM

Welcome to the Flyer Family, Jordy! Looking forward to seeing you develop over the next 3 seasons (and especially once you’re permitted to play, in 2019).

Nice work, coaches!
Posted via Mobile Device

Gazoo 08-03-2018 08:18 AM

VERY excited about this, did I miss why he's transferring? What happened at Nebraska?

And can you imagine if we landed both??

lhsgolf19 08-03-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoo (Post 555991)
VERY excited about this, did I miss why he's transferring? What happened at Nebraska?

Probably just needed a new change of scenery, but not sure... Former Top 150 recruit a couple years ago, so the potential is there, the staff just needs to bring it out

DallasFlyer 08-03-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

I read somewhere that he didn’t see eye to eye with coaches regarding playing time. Considered leaving the team during the season I believe. But when you look at his stats — his per minute production is very good so he has a point it would seem. Double his minutes at Nebraska and he’s a double-double or close to it every night.
Posted via Mobile Device

Widget 08-03-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 (Post 555992)
Probably just needed a new change of scenery, but not sure... Former Top 150 recruit a couple years ago, so the potential is there, the staff just needs to bring it out

Nebraska's perspective:

https://huskerhoopscentral.com/forum...13-jordy-gone/

Looks like a good find. This is a great get!

Jeff 08-03-2018 08:57 AM

A big!

Let's see how the staff can mold this clay.

ud2 08-03-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steverino015 (Post 555981)
...said he’ll likely list him at 6-11 and 285 pounds, with a goal of getting him into the 270s.

Who was the most recent Flyer to be this big?

6'11", 285, that's a big load.

BeckysTXA 08-03-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

About a third of the way thru the season last year, NE moved to more of a small-ball game and that left Jordy in a reserve role versus a starting role. I wouldn’t hold either party at “fault” in this type of situation. A coach has to adapt to his entire roster and that sometimes leaves a good player on the sidelines. And competitive players want to play.

I have a brother who was a pass-catching tight end Who was stuck in an offense that called for the tight end to block more than run pass routes. He switched teams and won 3 championships catching balls from a great quarterback. Hoping Jordy’s transfer to UD (and his brother committing) can lead UD to more championships.

GREAT GET.

DallasFlyer 08-03-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widget (Post 555995)
Nebraska's perspective:

https://huskerhoopscentral.com/forum...13-jordy-gone/

Looks like a good find. This is a great get!

One page in, and my primary takeaway stems from a comment by one bitter poster who hopes Jordy never makes another jump hook in his life. What this suggests is that he has in the past been fond of shooting jump hooks. And this is awesome. Truth be told, I’d rather have some big ol’ sweeping sky hooks — the likes of which have not been seen at UD arena since Makor Shayok matriculated — but I’ll take it. I’m hooked!
Posted via Mobile Device

CT Flyer 08-03-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckysTXA (Post 556003)
About a third of the way thru the season last year, NE moved to more of a small-ball game and that left Jordy in a reserve role versus a starting role.

What is Nebraska thinking wanting to play small ball??? Haven't they read on this board that you can't win playing small ball?

Flyerferd 08-03-2018 09:57 AM

Wonderful news! Would the last big at 6-11 and 280 plus have been Desmond? Hoping the results are not the same this time around, and it sounds like they won’t be!
Posted via Mobile Device

rollo 08-03-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerferd (Post 556008)
Wonderful news! Would the last big at 6-11 and 280 plus have been Desmond? Hoping the results are not the same this time around, and it sounds like they won’t be!
Posted via Mobile Device

6'9" 320 lb vs 6'11" 280 lb...:eek:

Ready Action 08-03-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

I have a brother who was a pass-catching tight end Who was stuck in an offense that called for the tight end to block more than run pass routes. He switched teams and won 3 championships catching balls from a great quarterback. Hoping Jordy’s transfer to UD (and his brother committing) can lead UD to more championships.

GREAT GET.

Are you a Gronkowski? :)

ud2 08-03-2018 10:54 AM

Several videos:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=kGd...8GAKuqAEJoAAAA

Real nice drive and dunk.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Jack D 08-03-2018 11:14 AM

Yet another name to drive Bucky nuts.

Boom shakalaka!

CT Flyer 08-03-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ud2 (Post 556019)
Several videos:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=kGd...8GAKuqAEJoAAAA

Real nice drive and dunk.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Looks like a nice get! Apparently athletic for his size if this video is any indication.

BeckysTXA 08-03-2018 12:02 PM

Obviously this is exciting news for 2019-2020. But I’m also excited we will now have a true big guy going against this year’s team everyday in practice. We haven’t had that since Big Steve (RIP), making it hard to really practice against what you will see in most games. How much better is this going to make this year’s team? How much faster will Obi develop? Will this help Josh take his great game to the next level? Our young guards will now have to contend with a huge tree everyday when they drive the lane. Etc, etc.

This is such a great get starting the day he arrives on campus which I assume will be any day now. As soon as the paperwork is signed it will be exciting to see his picture on the roster page.

OSU Flyer 08-03-2018 12:22 PM

Just looking over his box scores, 10 & 8 as a true frosh against Kansas in 19 minutes. 15 & 9 against Michigan State in 24 minutes

Buckleyma 08-03-2018 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerferd (Post 556008)
Posted via Mobile Device

Flyerferd: How could you possibly forget Steve McElvene? He was our last BIG at 6’11”. And yes, if this new guy develops as Steve did, that would be outstanding.
Posted via Mobile Device

THirt 08-03-2018 01:07 PM

We had a 6’11” 265 lb guy on the roster as recently as (*checks notes*) last year. He played 4 minutes on the season and had a rebound.
Posted via Mobile Device

116 Chambers 08-03-2018 01:28 PM

While that is true and good to point out, THirt, Pierce wasn't Grant's guy and was clearly a swing and a miss by Archie...

shocka43 08-03-2018 01:33 PM

Why do I hear Bucky in the near future sounding like this:

"Ahh f- it, whatever his name is...someone get me an ice cold Bud Light".

Gazoo 08-03-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

About a third of the way thru the season last year, NE moved to more of a small-ball game and that left Jordy in a reserve role versus a starting role. I wouldn’t hold either party at “fault” in this type of situation. A coach has to adapt to his entire roster and that sometimes leaves a good player on the sidelines. And competitive players want to play.

GREAT GET.

I'm very happy to have him. But . . . Trent Meachump. . . Jordy didn't announce he was leaving until July? Meachump announced in June IIRC and we still haven't collectively forgotten. That probably worked in our favor this time as most other teams had their rosters set already. But still. Let this forever be the final nail in the Meachump coffin if this guy is any good (and he definitely appears to be good).

longtimefan 08-03-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckleyma (Post 556030)
Flyerferd: How could you possibly forget Steve McElvene? He was our last BIG at 6’11”. And yes, if this new guy develops as Steve did, that would be outstanding.
Posted via Mobile Device

He said 6'11" and 280+. I don't think Steve was 280+.

San Diego Flyer 08-03-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frisco flyer (Post 555978)

A lot to like about this big fairly agile body. He looks better than Steve when Steve first came to UD. His body is a year ahead, as well as his moves. And you would expect that having served two years in the Big 12.

This is a remarkable start for a coaching staff thirsting for a project at the 5.

jack72 08-03-2018 02:25 PM

Indications from the Husker site of some happenings going on with Jordy and the coach and/or team. He was leaving at one point, then did not, then leaves late in the summer. Hopefully a learning experience for him, and this is a new day.

Lifelong Flyer Fan 08-03-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtimefan (Post 556049)
He said 6'11" and 280+. I don't think Steve was 280+.

Steve's playing weight was listed as 268.

Bigtimeflyersguy 08-03-2018 04:02 PM

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...nga-1/gamelog/

Stats from all the games he played at Nebraska.
Posted via Mobile Device

m3_matt 08-03-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer (Post 556051)
A lot to like about this big fairly agile body. He looks better than Steve when Steve first came to UD. His body is a year ahead, as well as his moves. And you would expect that having served two years in the Big 12.

This is a remarkable start for a coaching staff thirsting for a project at the 5.

I think you meant two years in the Big 10!!:)

San Diego Flyer 08-03-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3_matt (Post 556068)
I think you meant two years in the Big 10!!:)

Of course. Thank you. I never could envision Nebraska in the B10.

T-Bone 84 08-03-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan (Post 556057)
Steve's playing weight was listed as 268.

His playing weight, yes, but when he signed his LOI, his listed weight was more like 315-320. He lost an entire 7-year-old to get down to his playing weight in 2015-16.

I’m very glad to have Jordy onboard, and I hope that he has a great final 2 seasons here as a Flyer. But all this talk of having a guy 6’11” is choking me up a bit, as I fondly remember Big Steve. His loss was a true tragedy, felt first and foremost by his family and friends, but also by all of the Flyer Faithful. R.I.P., #5. <3
Posted via Mobile Device

springborofan 08-03-2018 09:29 PM

Not to look ahead past this season but AG is assembling very strong Jr./So. Classes for the 2019/20 season. Five Jr's that include two former Big Ten players, a SoCon POY candidate, and two players that started as FR for UD. Three So's that include a top 100 recruit, a kid who has grown to 6-10 that moves like a kid that is 6-4, and a 6-8 stretch forward (we really don't know much yet about Frank P).

Projecting out even one more year (Sr's/Jr's), I'd like to think these eight will resemble what the class of 2016/17 would have been if Big Steve hadn't passed away and Josh C. hadn't been injured: a potential final four team. Still a lot of unknowns but it's possible!

CE80 08-03-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THirt (Post 556031)
We had a 6’11” 265 lb guy on the roster as recently as (*checks notes*) last year. He played 4 minutes on the season and had a rebound.
Posted via Mobile Device

But it was a really big rebound.
Posted via Mobile Device

OSU Flyer 08-03-2018 11:01 PM

https://youtu.be/7uqUpDPnmu0

HS highlights

As mentioned earlier it seems like he's pretty good athleticism for a guy his size. It seems like he's got the ability to play in an uptempo system if that's way the style of play goes

Physically if he works during the redshirt year he could be on the All Rolo squad

It'll be interesting to see what the staff can do with him during the redshirt year

ud2 08-03-2018 11:46 PM

#150 on Rivals 2016 Top 150 list

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2016

#151 on 247sports 2016 Top 247 list

https://247sports.com/Season/2016-Ba...oup=highschool

#26 on ESPN's 2016 Top 100 Centers list

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...osition/center

NJFlyr71 08-04-2018 07:19 AM

I was excited as all of you were to hear this! Saw it when it was posted yet couldn't respond till now. Gave me time to do a little reading on Jordy ... a little concerned about what I read on the Huskers web site.

Seems his SO year was a bummer and he wanted to quit mid-way. Missed practices and games??? I would hope that isn't his character and his red shirt year brings the best out of him.

Although I am glad to see a BIG on the team, I am concerned about his makeup. I guess we shall see. Maybe with the change in location and staff he finds his place in the BB world.

Anyway, we got ourselves a bigin'

Flyers98 08-04-2018 08:02 AM

Knowing what we do about AG, I can’t imagine there wasn’t a very frank discussion about what is expected. There is no way this kid doesn’t know what AG is about. He is also a former top 150 recruit who I’m sure has hopes for his future. I hope/expect his eyes are wide open and he is fully committed to the team concept and his teammates.

BRob2Perryman3 08-04-2018 09:32 AM

Its about **** time. i knew the staff would see it my way. Now i don't have to see endless posts rationalizing small-ball.

Trust in CAG.

lhsgolf19 08-04-2018 09:59 AM

If there is one thing I am not worried about with Coach Grant is "Getting To Kids in terms of playing hard and playing with heart".... He got through to Kostas toward the end of the year after he got rid of X, and the big fella played much better and took a chance and was drafted

If he doesn't want to do it, he can be like Jordan and don't play and transfer... It's CAG's way or the highway.

I have a feeling this staff understands everything and believe they can get the most of him and turn in him into a 15 Point 10 Rebound Game player in a year. (You can't teach size, so should be fun to see develop)

Plus, I trully believe Devin Davis will have a major impact on him too... Also, I would have gone mad as well if I had to live in Lincoln, Nebraska too lol... Can't wait to see what he brings in the Fall of 2019.

GoFlyer 08-04-2018 10:15 AM

I am dreaming of a Jordy that really develops in his sit out year, then is joined by his freshman brother in his first year of play . . . and we have TWO bigs with great chemistry . . . .
Thank you Lord!

TerryK_67 08-04-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFlyer (Post 556102)
I am dreaming of a Jordy that really develops in his sit out year, then is joined by his freshman brother in his first year of play . . . and we have TWO bigs with great chemistry . . . .
Thank you Lord!

He would do well to follow the Big STEVE trail and loose weight, get chiseled, increase quickness......

BeckysTXA 08-04-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 (Post 556101)
.. Also, I would have gone mad as well if I had to live in Lincoln, Nebraska too lol... Can't wait to see what he brings in the Fall of 2019.

Hey...I live in NE. :)

Which is why I know a little about the situation. Imagine being a Top 150 recruit and you look at different schools and coaches and the systems they play and evaluate what they tell you about how you fit into their system and future plans. You decide NE is the place for you.

You spend your freshman year in a support role (as expected). You work hard preparing to step into a starting role your sophomore year. And you earn that role for about a third of the year. Then thru no fault of you holding up your end of the bargain the coach decides to change systems and go small-ball and you become a reserve. NE coach Miles has been on the hot seat for several years now. You can’t blame the coach. It’s his job to figure out how to win with the players he’s got. And you can’t blame the player for wanting to play. He too probably has goals to play after college. He needs to be on the court. The situation changed. The player thought about transferring in Jan. Coach and player talked it thru, and the coach probably said he wasn’t 100% committed to small-ball for this year, so the player agreed to stay.

Fans are mad because it was such a late decision. I understand that. My guess is the player again evaluated how summer practices went and it looked like it might be another year of small-ball so he called the coach and the decision was made to transfer. And true to form, the fans are now moaning they don’t have a big, while Flyer fans are dancing in the streets.

Ahhh, the circle of life.

swish61 08-04-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtimeflyersguy (Post 556066)
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...nga-1/gamelog/

Stats from all the games he played at Nebraska.
Posted via Mobile Device

He doesn't seem to be a prolific shot blocker judging by his stats.

jack72 08-04-2018 02:09 PM

My daughter and family visited Lincoln a week ago. Her husband is considering taking a job there. They absolutely loved it. Lincoln is twice the size of Dayton, and Omaha, an hour away, is three times the size. Those two make a lot of Best Places to Live lists.

We have had this discussion before, students care little about the city and mostly about the campus, where they spend all of their time.

jack72 08-04-2018 02:11 PM

Surprised no one mentioned it, but wonder if Kostas' NBA drafting had some influence on Jordy's decision?

m21eagle45 08-04-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack72 (Post 556113)
My daughter and family visited Lincoln a week ago. Her husband is considering taking a job there. They absolutely loved it. Lincoln is twice the size of Dayton, and Omaha, an hour away, is three times the size. Those two make a lot of Best Places to Live lists.

We have had this discussion before, students care little about the city and mostly about the campus, where they spend all of their time.

Dayton metro area 799k
Lincoln metro area 331k
Omaha metro area975k

Dayton area is bigger than Lincoln and within an hour of 2 cities that blow Omaha out of the water. Been to both Lincoln and Omaha, not really a lot to do in either city.

San Diego Flyer 08-04-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack72 (Post 556114)
Surprised no one mentioned it, but wonder if Kostas' NBA drafting had some influence on Jordy's decision?

I can't even guess what floated his boat, but I would be shocked if our staff didn't point it out to him. Just one more arrow in our quiver.

oldfan 08-04-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 (Post 556098)
Its about **** time. i knew the staff would see it my way. Now i don't have to see endless posts rationalizing small-ball.

Trust in CAG.

Maybe the staff is looking to play tall ball with Jordy, Emmanuel, Issanza and Obi. They would still need a point guard. perhaps if Kostas does not make the starting line up in the pros he would come back. We all know that his unique skill set would make him the perfect player to be point guard on a team playing tall ball.

Ready Action 08-04-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m21eagle45 (Post 556116)
Dayton metro area 799k
Lincoln metro area 331k
Omaha metro area975k

Dayton area is bigger than Lincoln and within an hour of 2 cities that blow Omaha out of the water. Been to both Lincoln and Omaha, not really a lot to do in either city.

Hey you for got to add Crete into the Lincoln/Omaha mix :). Also, throw in eventually the two largest metros in Sowthwest Ohio will be recognized as one metropolis.
Posted via Mobile Device

maddog07 08-04-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack72 (Post 556113)

Hey Rand McNally, where do you get these absurd stats?
Posted via Mobile Device

Flyer2 08-05-2018 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog07 (Post 556133)
Posted via Mobile Device

Don’t you know? The Internet

UDGutter2 08-05-2018 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog07 (Post 556133)
Posted via Mobile Device

He did say Lincoln was twice the size of Dayton, not population. According to Google:

Dayton: 56.5 sq mi
Lincoln: 94.27 sq mi
Omaha: 130.6 sq mi

UD62 08-05-2018 08:33 AM

Lincoln has something Dayton doesn't, a P5 school. Makes a difference in recruiting. AG sure is trying to minimize that difference.

lhsgolf19 08-05-2018 09:21 AM

Ok maybe I shouldn't have spoken bad about Lincoln lol... Sorry got this thread off course.

Welcome Jordy! ha

OSU Flyer 08-05-2018 08:02 PM

What's the story on the youngest brother

Hobopotamus1 08-05-2018 08:17 PM

One site says that Grambling and UD are the only offers.

The Fly 08-05-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobopotamus1 (Post 556168)
One site says that Grambling and UD are the only offers.

Also Denver and Cal-State Northridge. Kid appears to be more of a project than his brother. Wasn’t a starter on his AAU team, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be developed.

CvilleFlyer 08-05-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 556167)
What's the story on the youngest brother

I thought maybe you were talking about Nate. Dallas Flyer posted that the youngest brother is class of 2020, one year behind Emmanuel. Nate is 6'8" wing who plays at Phoenix Country Day High School in Arizona.
Their headmaster, Andrew Rodin, says, "he is even a better student." "He is a high level talent-on and off the basketball court." He went for 19 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists in his first game of the year last season!

NYCFLYER 08-06-2018 10:29 AM

This morning's DDN had a big story on a Xenia kid who's going to UC but no mention of Jordy coming to UD ????

lhsgolf19 08-06-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCFLYER (Post 556203)
This morning's DDN had a big story on a Xenia kid who's going to UC but no mention of Jordy coming to UD ????

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...MTiTW4ajqxOVP/

OSU Flyer 08-06-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer (Post 556171)
I thought maybe you were talking about Nate. Dallas Flyer posted that the youngest brother is class of 2020, one year behind Emmanuel. Nate is 6'8" wing who plays at Phoenix Country Day High School in Arizona.
Their headmaster, Andrew Rodin, says, "he is even a better student." "He is a high level talent-on and off the basketball court." He went for 19 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists in his first game of the year last season!

yeah, the 2020 one

Lifelong Flyer Fan 08-14-2018 01:27 PM

ohioflyer 08-15-2018 09:27 AM

Excellent find.... kinda getting excited about our future. Betting on good year this year and statement year next!!

Flyer 86 08-16-2018 10:07 AM

Great pickup . i"m ecstatic. From his stats, look more like a rebounder/enforcer type.

A lot of 8 or 10 boards, 6 points in his two years. So if he gives us 9 boards, 8 points- we'll have other guys that pickup the offensive slack. There is never a shortage of shooters and offensive minded players.

Obi looks solid. So he'll give us some height and presence up front along with Jordy.
Frankie and others will have another year under their belts.

Looks like we need point guard in a year, and some wing players in next batch of recruits

MNFats 08-16-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyer 86 (Post 556659)
Looks like we need point guard in a year, and some wing players in next batch of recruits

We should have 2 good ones next year in Crutcher and Chatman (each with 2 years left going into next year). But yes, at some point we need to recruit behind them.

Flyer Al 08-24-2018 01:43 PM

Archdeacon has a really nice article about Jordy today:
https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sp...7IoFrYqbBgVQO/

CvilleFlyer 08-24-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyer Al (Post 557077)
Archdeacon has a really nice article about Jordy today:
https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sp...7IoFrYqbBgVQO/

Very nice article! I can't wait to see him play next season! In fact, I can see us getting better year after year and the future is exciting.

Flyer 86 08-25-2018 10:04 AM

great kid and great GET by AG.

Pic shows him putting up a left handed shot. Is he a left handed big man?