UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Golden Early Christmas...Wagner (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31622)

rollo 12-23-2017 05:30 PM

Golden Early Christmas...Wagner

Bucky says Landers is the Royal Player of the Game but the collective minds of the UDPrider family may think differently.

Vote away...and have a Merry and Royal Christmas!!!

King Rollo the Ho, Ho Ho!!!

OUT

CvilleFlyer 12-23-2017 05:43 PM

I have to agree with Bucky. Trey Landers with 14 points and 10 out of 12 from the line gets my vote! He always hustles and also had 3 steals.

TXFlyerFan 12-23-2017 05:45 PM

Seem to be missing a poll...In the absence of one, I'll vote Trey. 10-12 from the line! That's getting it done.

rollo 12-23-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan (Post 526642)
Seem to be missing a poll...In the absence of one, I'll vote Trey. 10-12 from the line! That's getting it done.

I have no idea why the poll wasn't included...so I reposted it.

Go Flyers!

Jeff 12-23-2017 06:00 PM

Expect DD's minutes to slightly decline as the tar progresses.

rollo 12-23-2017 06:15 PM

Cunningham is our 'go-to' guy every possession of every game, but tonite Sir Landers earned the Royal vote!

All Hale Sir Trey!

jack72 12-23-2017 06:27 PM

Cunningham again! DD was on his way, but then I think he set the school record for offensive fouls by pushoffs with 3. DD actually had 17 and 7.

Cunningham with only 4 rebounds is pretty bad. I think he had 3 early in the game. He got schooled on the boards in the second half. Williams and Landers with 2 rebounds each is also not good.

maddog07 12-23-2017 06:44 PM

Think Crosby is also going for a record- most time pocket picked. How terrible at our pg's. Wagner.... Wagner has better, well just about everybody has better. Sad.

Viperstick 12-23-2017 09:26 PM

As bad as he was last game, Baby D was on fire to start this one. His energy & leadership got us going and gave us the cushion we needed when we decided to turn off half our cerebral cortex in the second stanza.

Beatty Town Coach 12-24-2017 08:52 AM

Realistically it's CUNNINGHAM; but I vote for "JOHNY ON THE SPOT LANDERS. I appreciate BabyD's effort and energy that set the tone; but as a senior, I expect that from Daryl.

Shawnee2 12-24-2017 10:40 AM

If any of you recorded the game replay will show that Cunningham did a very poor job of boxing out and we can't afford that?

Radar 12-24-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viperstick (Post 526675)
As bad as he was last game, Baby D was on fire to start this one. His energy & leadership got us going and gave us the cushion we needed when we decided to turn off half our cerebral cortex in the second stanza.

Leadership is the most glaring weakness for this team right now. Is not JC the team captain? Example: coming out of the locker room with the big lead I specifically watched how they "warmed up". It was pitiful. 3+ minutes of literally standing around, walking through the layup line, and even Landers and Crosby attempting trick shots. At halftime. If any team knows you can blow a 20 pt lead in a matter of a few minutes, it's this one. I commented to a couple of "golden" Flyer basketball players who sit near me that if Wagner cuts our lead to single digits...and quickly...that (observing warmups) would be the reason. Bingo.

Sadly, this is where the captain steps in. Didn't happen. Neither did an asst coach. There's a certain maturity level this team needs to reach. They aren't there...yet.

Bill202 12-24-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar (Post 526744)
...coming out of the locker room with the big lead I specifically watched how they "warmed up". It was pitiful. 3+ minutes of literally standing around, walking through the layup line, and even Landers and Crosby attempting trick shots. ....

Interesting observation. And sad. The team hasn't put together 2 strong halves this year. At halftime I noted that I hope AG put the St. Mary's halftime speech in a bottle and threw it out. Apparently not.