UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Everyone on twitter, give Coach Grant a Follow! (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31129)

lhsgolf19 08-21-2017 08:02 PM

Everyone on twitter, give Coach Grant a Follow!

https://twitter.com/CoachGrantUD

He hasn't tweeted anything yet but it looks like it was just created (it doesn't look fake), which is awesome!

Long time coming lol

CE80 08-21-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 (Post 513206)

He hasn't tweeted anything yet but it looks like it was just created (it doesn't look fake), which is awesome!

Long time coming lol

I'm number 21.
Posted via Mobile Device

C-time 08-21-2017 09:35 PM

I'm sorry but this is going to be the worst coaches account ever. It's pretty obvious CAG has no interest in twitter/social media since it took so long for it to be created.

Most likely a manager or grad assistant has now been assigned to run the account and will retweet stuff from other UD basketball twitter accounts with an occasional tweet that appears to be CAG. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I highly doubt it.

TommyGola 08-21-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-time (Post 513212)
I'm sorry but this is going to be the worst coaches account ever. It's pretty obvious CAG has no interest in twitter/social media since it took so long for it to be created.

Most likely a manager or grad assistant has now been assigned to run the account and will retweet stuff from other UD basketball twitter accounts with an occasional tweet that appears to be CAG. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I highly doubt it.

I think Coach Grant is much better off by never going to Twitter. It's a distraction to recruiting, teaching and winning.

sheg 08-21-2017 11:19 PM

Few people in important positions of leadership should ever tweet. Take that howyou will.

Runnin' Rebel 08-22-2017 08:32 AM

What in the world are you guys talking about... Twitter has actually become quite an important tool when it comes to recruiting, and someone needs to take control of Grant's account - and start communicating with this generation of college basketball's "kids".

For instance... if coach Grant wants these kids to know what UD is about - he would be re-tweeting out Archdeacon's 'Flyer “family” gets freshman through a nightmare' article.

CE80 08-22-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-time (Post 513212)

Do you think the last guy the coached here did all his own tweeting?

CE80 08-22-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 (Post 513206)

Long time coming lol

Up to 170 followers - still no tweets.

lhsgolf19 08-22-2017 10:42 AM

Ok I was worried I led everyone on, but Dayton's Associate AD just followed him... phew I feel better, looks like it's legit... yay lol

m21eagle45 08-22-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyGola (Post 513213)
I think Coach Grant is much better off by never going to Twitter. It's a distraction to recruiting, teaching and winning.

Disagree there. Twitter is another way to monitor a kid, making sure they are not doing or saying stupid things. But most importantly, it's another way to keep in touch with athletes.

San Diego Flyer 08-22-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Thank you for not calling him CAG. Rhymes with gag.

C-time 08-22-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CE80 (Post 513222)
Do you think the last guy the coached here did all his own tweeting?

Absolutely not. Archie was about as interested in twitter as CAG (sorry SDF).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel (Post 513221)
What in the world are you guys talking about... Twitter has actually become quite an important tool when it comes to recruiting, and someone needs to take control of Grant's account - and start communicating with this generation of college basketball's "kids".

This is absolutely correct. If he has no interest in twitter simply tell a GA to run the account and to be active doing it. Make sure the GA has some pics of the family(wife and kids) so he can wish them happy birthday/anniversary etc so it appears to be CAG's account. Like the appropriate tweets that kids UD is recruiting make and maintain a presence. I get that twitter isn't for everybody but it's part of the recruiting game and you need to be involved in it.

springborofan 08-22-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 (Post 513230)
Ok I was worried I led everyone on, but Dayton's Associate AD just followed him... phew I feel better, looks like it's legit... yay lol

How do you know the associate AD's account isn't fake too? :-)

CE80 08-22-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-time (Post 513235)

This is absolutely correct. If he has no interest in twitter simply tell a GA to run the account and to be active doing it. Make sure the GA has some pics of the family(wife and kids) so he can wish them happy birthday/anniversary etc so it appears to be CAG's account. Like the appropriate tweets that kids UD is recruiting make and maintain a presence. I get that twitter isn't for everybody but it's part of the recruiting game and you need to be involved in it.

Also throw in some photos of his dinner plate. Everyone loves those on social media.

TXFlyerFan 08-22-2017 02:31 PM

Just following this one instead

https://twitter.com/drunktonyg

:D:D:D

Buster Goode 08-22-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Distraction? How so? I'd confidently say that every single recruit we are courting is active on Twitter. While the troll level is Orange, Twitter is an effective way to monitor kids, communicate in the modern world. Twitter is what you make of it. I'm more worried if he's not active versus being active. It's an excellent way to promote your program if done right.

C-time 08-22-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan (Post 513243)
Just following this one instead

https://twitter.com/drunktonyg

:D:D:D

Drunk Anthony Grant is a much better follow just like Drunk Archie Miller was.

I'm just mad at myself for not creating a Drunk Morgan Miller account to tweet from even though it may not have been much different than her real account up until the Northwestern game.

DallasFlyer 08-22-2017 03:22 PM

Give me the drunk Sam Miller account please. No better way than social media to piece last night together and maybe find your pants.

cj 08-22-2017 03:40 PM

I don't get the fascination with social media.

UDTradition 08-22-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 513249)

I agree with you but if the President of the US thinks it is a great forum of communication AG should seriously consider same.

jack72 08-22-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

I don't either, but then I don't get Rap Music, Selfie's or protests, but then my parents never got me either.

springborofan 08-22-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

If these kids had any idea the amount of privacy they give away freely to any company they purchase from, any company they work for, government, or other organizations they would think twice before being so active on social media.

Based on some reading/research I have done, I've significantly curtailed my social media usage.

Runnin' Rebel 08-22-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springborofan (Post 513258)
If these kids had any idea the amount of privacy they give away freely to any company they purchase from, any company they work for, government, or other organizations they would think twice before being so active on social media.

Based on some reading/research I have done, I've significantly curtailed my social media usage.

Yep, a bad social media account can very well keep someone from getting a job.

But on the other hand... at many companies nowadays, a good social media account can land you a job.

Glen Clark 08-24-2017 12:10 AM

Times, they are a-changin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel (Post 513261)
Yep, a bad social media account can very well keep someone from getting a job.

But on the other hand... at many companies nowadays, a good social media account can land you a job.

There are companies now that will not consider an applicant without an active social media account.

RamodWaleskowski 08-30-2017 12:46 PM

Dare I say Coach Grant is off to a much better start than Archie had. The program is in a much better shape than when Archie arrived. All the same, big fan of what Grant has done so far in his time on campus.

Hoping it translates into success on the court as well.

UD62 08-30-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski (Post 513699)
Dare I say Coach Grant is off to a much better start than Archie had. The program is in a much better shape than when Archie arrived. All the same, big fan of what Grant has done so far in his time on campus.

Hoping it translates into success on the court as well.

Agree he has done well. He has cast a wide net recruiting wise. Will be interesting who he lands in the boat.