UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2019 Recruiting Thread (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30979)

lhsgolf19 06-01-2017 07:22 PM

2019 Recruiting Thread

The coaching staff have offered their 1st 2019 recruit

Kira Lewis‏ @Mr_Lewis3 1h1 hour ago
More
Thankful To Receive An Offer From The University Of Dayton ��#FlyerNation

Garrett Tucker‏ @GTuckerHoops 1h1 hour ago
More
Dayton has offered 2019 Hazel Green (AL) guard Kira Lewis, Jr. (@Mr_Lewis3)

6'3" Guard out of Alabama (he already has offers from both Johnson at Bama and Pearl at Auburn)... #82 overall by Rivals, #71 overall by 247

Go Get Em AG & Coach Kane!

John C. 06-01-2017 10:29 PM

Don't be surprised if this is the kind of player that Grant recruits moving forward. He has been there before and has the confidence to get these kind of guys. The 2019 class will be top 25. Mark it down.

Buckleyma 06-02-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 (Post 508654)
The coaching staff have offered their 1st 2019 recruit

Kira Lewis‏ @Mr_Lewis3 1h1 hour ago
More
Thankful To Receive An Offer From The University Of Dayton ��#FlyerNation

Garrett Tucker‏ @GTuckerHoops 1h1 hour ago

More
Dayton has offered 2019 Hazel Green (AL) guard Kira Lewis, Jr. (@Mr_Lewis3)

6'3" Guard out of Alabama (he already has an offer from Avery Johnson & Bama)... #82 overall by Rivals, #71 overall by 247

Go Get Em AG & Coach Kane!

Oh my goodness, this guy seems so very young in the video. Clearly, he is still developing. Everything is below the rim. We must leave a recruit like this up to the experts. Will he develop?
Posted via Mobile Device

m21eagle45 06-02-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckleyma (Post 508683)
Oh my goodness, this guy seems so very young in the video. Clearly, he is still developing. Everything is below the rim. We must leave a recruit like this up to the experts. Will he develop?
Posted via Mobile Device

Seriously? The kid just finished his SO year in high school. I am sure there will be further development. Try relaxing and let the experts do their job.

DallasFlyer 06-02-2017 09:42 AM

The fact that he is very young is a heck of an observation. But chances are pretty good he will get older. I'm not an expert though.

MNFats 06-02-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

You have used the term "below the rim" to evaluate 3 different players (in the 2018 and 2019 threads). You know these guys are PG's, right?

CvilleFlyer 06-02-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

I liked all of his youtube.com videos. He has a good outside shot, good form, good ball handler and dunks with ease! You don't know what percentage he shoots from the free throw line! He may shoot 90%. How would you like him then? We don't know all the facts about future recruits and for that reason we just need to trust AG and his assistants.

The one thing that I agree with you on is your statement in the 2018 recruiting thread when you said, "I really like that Antwann Jones player!" There isn't anything not to like about him and I hope he accepts the scholarship we have offered. We would be set for four years at the point guard position!

Buckleyma 06-03-2017 08:59 AM

CvilleFlyer: I think I watched about 7 different videos with Antwann Jones in it. He looks like a potentially great player. Curiously, Antwann Jones is actually in the same game, highlighting other players on their bio pages. He is in the play. I concur with my criticism above. I am just a fan who is watching videos and I know nothing. But I am one heck of a fan. Look at me and you. Its May and I am watching College basketball videos. The season does not start till October and these players just finished sophomore and junior high school classes.

My reference to "seems to play below the rim" on some of these players is my way of saying that they may not be able to elevate which is part of showing some athletic upside talent. But the criticism above is valid. John Stockton from Santa Clara and later the Utah Jazz was a great player and I do not ever remember seeing him play above the rim.

I attended the Olympic trials in Bloomington Indiana when Bobby Knight was head coach and Donoher was an Assistant coach. I remember Stockton actually dunking once.

My reference to "he looks so young" is my way of saying, did I ever look THAT young?
Posted via Mobile Device

DallasFlyer 06-03-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckleyma (Post 508754)
My reference to "he looks so young" is my way of saying, did I ever look THAT young?
Posted via Mobile Device

Unless your real name is Greg Oden, I would venture to say yes, you did.

MNFats 06-03-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckleyma (Post 508754)
I concur with my criticism above
Posted via Mobile Device

It's good to know you agree with your own opinion. :D

UDBrian 06-03-2017 04:39 PM

I don't care whether a point guard can dunk, I would trade jumping ability for quickness and court vision any day. I don't remember Brian Roberts dunking much. If any of you watch the nba Isiah Thomas of the Celtics scored 29 points a game and I doubt he can dunk

Of course having a point guard who can jump like Johnny Davis is a great thing to have. That is my favorite mural at the arena, Johnny Davis blocking a shot near the rim

longtimefan 06-03-2017 06:01 PM

Johnny Davis "couldn't" dunk either. :D

steve 06-03-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDBrian (Post 508775)
I don't care whether a point guard can dunk, I would trade jumping ability for quickness and court vision any day. I don't remember Brian Roberts dunking much. If any of you watch the nba Isiah Thomas of the Celtics scored 29 points a game and I doubt he can dunk

Of course having a point guard who can jump like Johnny Davis is a great thing to have. That is my favorite mural at the arena, Johnny Davis blocking a shot near the rim

You obviously don't watch the Celtics much.

wes 06-03-2017 09:54 PM

Shante Rogers could not dunk.

DallasFlyer 06-04-2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wes (Post 508786)
Shante Rogers could not dunk.

In fairness, he was like 3'2"... Dayton used to get guys who were 6'10" that couldn't dunk.

BRob2Perryman3 06-04-2017 08:22 AM

A) John Stockton went to Gonzaga not Santa Clara, that was Steve Nash.

B) Shawnta Rogers was 5'4". The height is impossible to forget he wore his height on his jersey. Literally. #54. The way he stabbed us in the heart so many times i won't be forgetting him anytime soon......and its already been 20 years.

flyerfan4life 06-04-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDBrian (Post 508775)

You doubt Isiah Thomas can dunk? 😂😂😂

Buckleyma 06-04-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 (Post 508793)
A) John Stockton went to Gonzaga not Santa Clara, that was Steve Nash.

B) Shawnta Rogers was 5'4". The height is impossible to forget he wore his height on his jersey. Literally. #54. The way he stabbed us in the heart so many times i won't be forgetting him anytime soon......and its already been 20 years.

Correct - i was thinking Gonzaga and typed something else.
Posted via Mobile Device

Widget 06-04-2017 12:16 PM

Detwon Rogers couldn't dunk either.
Posted via Mobile Device

BRob2Perryman3 06-04-2017 01:13 PM

Have we figured out if Detwon will suit up this year?

Marysville Flyer 06-04-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widget (Post 508802)
Posted via Mobile Device

Ray Harper can dunk with his feet.
Posted via Mobile Device

longtimefan 06-04-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wes (Post 508786)
Shawnta Rogers could not dunk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widget (Post 508802)

Nor could Mister Rogers - not even in his own neighborhood.

UDBrian 06-05-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve (Post 508783)
You obviously don't watch the Celtics much.

I have just watched highlights of Thomas and didn't see dunks. So I will rephrase and say he can score at will in the lane without dunking

DallasFlyer 06-05-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtimefan (Post 508808)
Nor could Mister Rogers - not even in his own neighborhood.

He gets a pass due to his affinity for sweater vests. He's got some red ones in the closet too.

CT Flyer 06-06-2017 11:01 AM

Could Keith Braswell dunk?

CT Flyer 06-06-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer (Post 508792)
In fairness, he was like 3'2"... Dayton used to get guys who were 6'10" that couldn't dunk.

Here's some that come to mind...Troy McCracken, Bull Uhl (younger), Wes Coffey, Sam Howard...please feel free to add to this list.

priceg75 06-06-2017 11:17 AM

I would say Huelsman, but we have video evidence to the contrary.

shapanud 06-06-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by priceg75 (Post 508965)
I would say Huelsman, but we have video evidence to the contrary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekmuxFbogII

TXFlyerFan 06-06-2017 11:34 AM

Mugsy Bogues could dunk. Wasn't he 5'3"? Spudd Webb could I'm pretty sure and he was like 5' 7"

Medford 06-06-2017 11:47 AM

Spud Webb won an NBA dunk contest, so yes, he could dunk.

rollo 06-06-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan (Post 508969)
Mugsy Bogues could dunk. Wasn't he 5'3"? Spudd Webb could I'm pretty sure and he was like 5' 7"

Outside of a TV commercial, Mugsy Bogues never dunked. Too many confuse him with Spudd Webb, who could easily dunk. File the 'Mugsy Bogues can dunk' with the 'Michael Jordon got cut from varsity as a junior' stories.

Sea Bass 06-06-2017 12:00 PM

mugsy could barely reach the net

MNFats 06-06-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollo (Post 508971)
File the 'Mugsy Bogues can dunk' with the 'Michael Jordon got cut from varsity as a junior' stories.

First - the story is he was cut his Sophomore year.

The Jordan story is larger than you give it credit for. No, they didn't outright cut him as a sophomore and send him home, but he did not make Varsity. For most sophomores - that's normal. MJ is not most players. By that same age Kobe was his teams leading scorer, LeBron was Mr. Basketball in Ohio, and Earvin Johnson had already earned the nickname Magic. Look up all the greats of the last 30 years - almost all of them made Varsity their sophomore year (if not earlier).

So while the rest of the greats were all playing (and excelling) on their Varsity teams as sophomores - the fact that The Greatest couldn't even get on the Varsity roster - is noteworthy.

And yes - Bogues couldn't dunk...

TXFlyerFan 06-06-2017 01:00 PM

Dang, that Mugsy Bogues video was fake news! Removed the link. I didn't listen to it, just watched it. Apparently it has some rap music in the background that is fairly obscene, so I apologize if anyone watched it and was offended.

From one of the comments:

Shortest player to dunk in an NBA game was Spud Webb, true. But Greg Grant 5'7, Calvin Murphy 5'9 and reportedly 5'3 Tyrone Muggsey Bogues with his 44"vertical and even 5'5 Earl Bookings could dunk. Also Isaiah Thomsa Jr has frequently dunked in games but is not in this video. Other players under 6' who have dunked in games are Terrell Brandon 5'11, Michael Adams 5'10, Damon Stoudamire 5'11, and others.

Not sure if this is accurate or not.

steve 06-06-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollo (Post 508971)
Outside of a TV commercial, Mugsy Bogues never dunked. Too many confuse him with Spudd Webb, who could easily dunk. File the 'Mugsy Bogues can dunk' with the 'Michael Jordon got cut from varsity as a junior' stories.

Naturally, we gotta also file it with the "Rollo leaving the facts part out" of the story...

steve 06-06-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDBrian (Post 508822)
I have just watched highlights of Thomas and didn't see dunks. So I will rephrase and say he can score at will in the lane without dunking

Thomas can jump so high he can dunk on lowlights. You might want to rephrase your original rephrase by going to your friend "Google" and typing in something, oh, along the lines of "Can Isiah Thomas from the Celtics dunk"...

Since there are probably dozens of dunks including one over a 6'10" teammate, I'll let you pick which one you like...

UDBrian 06-06-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve (Post 508991)
Thomas can jump so high he can dunk on lowlights. You might want to rephrase your original rephrase by going to your friend "Google" and typing in something, oh, along the lines of "Can Isiah Thomas from the Celtics dunk"...

Since there are probably dozens of dunks including one over a 6'10" teammate, I'll let you pick which one you like...

lmao, you are making this a much bigger issue than I care to make it. Isiah Thomas makes fools out of guys every game without dunking.

DallasFlyer 06-15-2017 09:43 AM

@RussHoops Dayton has contacted 2019 @1FamilyHoops four-star wing Zimife Nwokeji (@ZimifeNwokeji)

Florida kid with impossible name and a lot of game. Early rankings have him top 50-75 nationally.

Florida State, St. Johns, and Virginia Tech have offered. Visited Louisville. Heavy interest from Florida.

Nice to see Grant using those Florida connections to get in early on 2019 4 star talent.

OSU Flyer 06-15-2017 12:29 PM

All Ohio 2019‏ @AllOhio2019 42m42 minutes ago
More
AOR 2019's Tanner Holden (@tannerholden_23) has heard from Dayton and Iowa today. Tanner already holds an offer from Ohio University.

OSU Flyer 06-15-2017 12:31 PM

All Ohio 2019‏ @AllOhio2019 45m45 minutes ago
More
AOR 2019's Amari Davis (@Amari937) has heard from Dayton and Iowa today. We appreciate the interest!

lhsgolf19 06-15-2017 12:37 PM

All Ohio 2019‏ @AllOhio2019 52m52 minutes ago
More
AOR 2019's Keshawn Heard (@keshawn_heard) has heard from Ohio State and Dayton today. Great schools, Keshawn!

Jacob Polacheck‏ @JacobPolacheck 55m55 minutes ago
More
These Schools called at midnight for 2019 Jeremiah Francis(@JFrancis30)
Purdue
Dayton
Miami U
Cincinnati
OSU
UofNewMexico

flyer2003 06-15-2017 01:06 PM

No offense, but one reason I slowed my visits to UDPride is because I try to read a thread titled 2019 recruiting and have to sift through 20 posts about Muggsy Bogues to find updates. Carry on, but not easy to navigate for a casual visitor.

Is it just me and the world of twitter making interest/offers more visible, or is Grant casting a much wider net and making a lot more offers/contacts in recruiting, including more "long shots"? I don't recall ever going after so many 4 stars -- I assume this is in part because the assumption is UD was not in play for them.

m21eagle45 06-15-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyer2003 (Post 509608)
No offense, but one reason I slowed my visits to UDPride is because I try to read a thread titled 2019 recruiting and have to sift through 20 posts about Muggsy Bogues to find updates. Carry on, but not easy to navigate for a casual visitor.

Is it just me and the world of twitter making interest/offers more visible, or is Grant casting a much wider net and making a lot more offers/contacts in recruiting, including more "long shots"? I don't recall ever going after so many 4 stars -- I assume this is in part because the assumption is UD was not in play for them.

Grant is known as a big time recruiter. We are going after players that are in line rankings wise with what VCU and other teams on that level go after. Archie seemed much more inclined to go after the guys who were under recruited or guys who fit his system.

lhsgolf19 06-15-2017 01:46 PM

This 4 man staff is going to recruit up a storm... I loved Archie, Kuwik, Ostrom & Griffin, but this new staff as a whole will out recruit them here... Coaching is TBD

OSU Flyer 06-15-2017 02:11 PM

Some legitimate long shots in 2018 and 2019

CvilleFlyer 06-15-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyer2003 (Post 509608)

The only four star player that UD ever recruited in the past 10-15 years was Chris Wright. Brian Gregory was the coach then but Chris grew up wanting to be a Flyer! I agree that Grant and his new staff are casting a much wider net. The only 4 star that Archie ever offered (and that was just before he left for Indiana) was Antwann Jones for 2018. Since then, Anthony Grant has offered several more for 2018 and so far is being aggressive offering 4 star athletes for 2019!

Don Donoher and Archie Miller had the ability to take average players and make them better in each of their four years. The three coaches in between (Jim O'Brien, Oliver Purnell and Brian Gregory) not so much!

I am happy that Anthony Grant is being more aggressive because it proves that he believes that UD is in play for them instead of settling.

Medford 06-15-2017 02:51 PM

What is the cut off for a 4 star? Staten was top 50 nationally in a lot of different sights. Brandon Spearman was as high as 89 IIRC, top 100 in several.

bcross 06-15-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer (Post 509618)
The only four star player that UD ever recruited in the past 10-15 years was Chris Wright. Brian Gregory was the coach then but Chris grew up wanting to be a Flyer! I agree that Grant and his new staff are casting a much wider net. The only 4 star that Archie ever offered (and that was just before he left for Indiana) was Antwann Jones for 2018. Since then, Anthony Grant has offered several more for 2018 and so far is being aggressive offering 4 star athletes for 2019!

Scoochie and Kostas were both 4 stars.

As for offers, Archie had at least 8 offers to four stars in the 2017 class alone and landed none of them. The offers were there, just didn't get many to commit. Hopefully Grant can change that.

DallasFlyer 06-15-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer (Post 509618)

Don Donoher and Archie Miller had the ability to take average players and make them better in each of their four years. The three coaches in between (Jim O'Brien, Oliver Purnell and Brian Gregory) not so much!

I am happy that Anthony Grant is being more aggressive because it proves that he believes that UD is in play for them instead of settling.

Juwan Staten was a 4 star player out of high school that Dayton landed.

Matt Derenbecker and Jordan Sibert were 4 star players out of high school that Dayton successfully recruited when they opted to transfer.

Luke Kennard (Duke), Jordan Tucker (headed to Duke this year), Aaron Craft (Ohio State), AJ Harris (Ohio State), and many many more 4 star players have been offered by Dayton coaches as well. I could come up with many more if I thought about it.

DallasFlyer 06-15-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcross (Post 509624)

As for offers, Archie had at least 8 offers to four stars in the 2017 class alone and landed none of them. The offers were there, just didn't get many to commit. Hopefully Grant can change that.

Scoochie was a 3 star almost everywhere. Kostas was a 4 star on some services (rivals) and 3 star on others (espn).

bcross 06-15-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer (Post 509626)
Scoochie was a 3 star almost everywhere. Kostas was a 4 star on some services (rivals) and 3 star on others (espn).

I just searched on Rivals and didn't look anywhere else.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...on-smith-26083

flyer2003 06-15-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcross (Post 509624)

So this, at least in part, seems to indicate we've gone after 4 stars in the past, I just seem to be noticing the 4 star offers more now (largely a function of twitter).

OSU Flyer 06-15-2017 03:18 PM

BG offered a lot of top kids. It almost seemed like a rite of passage missing out on the Jerome Randle, Wilson Chandler, etc caliber prospects

FlyerinChicago 06-15-2017 05:58 PM

Bringing recruits into the newly renovated arena and in-home visits by AG will land many a 4 star recruit in the near future. Book it.

lhsgolf19 06-15-2017 11:01 PM

All Ohio 2019‏ @AllOhio2019 37m37 minutes ago
More
AOR 2019's Andre Gordon (@20dre) heard from Akron, Indiana, Kansas State, Dayton, & Cleveland State today. That's a great list, Dre!

DallasFlyer 06-15-2017 11:11 PM

@coreyevans_10
Oklahoma State, Auburn, Clemson, FGCU, Dayton, Clemson & UCF among those in touch with 2019 @TeamCP25 wing Isaiah Palermo today

Chris R 06-16-2017 12:12 AM

Will be interesting to see how many of the same kids Grant and Gregory go after given Grant's experience/roots in Florida and BG now at USF.

BG gave an interview with a Bulls source not long ago about scheduling and talked about his experience at Dayton and Tech when it came to scheduling to fit your talent and desirability to be successful. USF recently agreed to a home/home with Charlotte. Not sure that qualifies but I digress.

Speaking of Florida schools, FGCU just inked a home/home with Rhody. Ive been to FGCU near Naples and its paradise. How someone could say no on a recruiting visit there I have no idea. Still, you'd never see UD or SLU agree to such a series. VCU has taken upon them a headscratching series now and then (Winthrop, ETSU, Belmont), but Wade put a stop to a lot of that. RPI-wise it might make sense for URI, but with a much smaller home gate they can probably "afford" such a series of lesser prestige.

ClaytonFlyerFan 06-16-2017 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 (Post 509661)
All Ohio 2019‏ @AllOhio2019 37m37 minutes ago
More
AOR 2019's Andre Gordon (@20dre) heard from Akron, Indiana, Kansas State, Dayton, & Cleveland State today. That's a great list, Dre!

I mentioned this name a year or so ago (as a 2018 recruit, I was wrong on the year) as he is somewhat local kid from Sidney. A very knowledgeable friend has seen Andre play several times over the last couple years, and according to him expect more big name offers in the near future for this kid. Hoping we have a chance as he will be a stud.

priceg75 06-16-2017 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer (Post 509663)
@coreyevans_10
Oklahoma State, Auburn, Clemson, FGCU, Dayton, Clemson & UCF among those in touch with 2019 @TeamCP25 wing Isaiah Palermo today

Wow, both Clemson and Clemson were in touch with him? That's strong.

DaytonDecibelDungeon 06-16-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by priceg75 (Post 509666)
Wow, both Clemson and Clemson were in touch with him? That's strong.

He's so good they offered him twice!

Buckleyma 06-16-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan (Post 509665)
I mentioned this name a year or so ago (as a 2018 recruit, I was wrong on the year) as he is somewhat local kid from Sidney. A very knowledgeable friend has seen Andre play several times over the last couple years, and according to him expect more big name offers in the near future for this kid. Hoping we have a chance as he will be a stud.

Claytonflyerfan and lhsgolf: the video on Andre Gordon is sweet. He shows a great jump shot, 6'2"" in size, switches hands in the air on shot, quick passes, elevation into a dunk and some upper arm strength. He looks great.
Posted via Mobile Device

jack72 06-16-2017 09:01 AM

What does "in touch with him" mean? Probably not offered. Called, tweeted, texted, sent a letter? Sounds like a casual, just letting you know we are interested.

Widget 06-16-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack72 (Post 509675)
What does "in touch with him" mean? Probably not offered. Called, tweeted, texted, sent a letter? Sounds like a casual, just letting you know we are interested.

Or casual fans un-ethically reaching out to him via Twitter

(sarcasm)

:rimshot:

OSU Flyer 06-17-2017 09:11 AM

Andre Gordon is also a pretty highly regarded football recruit as well

CvilleFlyer 06-18-2017 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer (Post 509588)
@RussHoops Dayton has contacted 2019 @1FamilyHoops four-star wing Zimife Nwokeji (@ZimifeNwokeji)

Florida kid with impossible name and a lot of game. Early rankings have him top 50-75 nationally.

Florida State, St. Johns, and Virginia Tech have offered. Visited Louisville. Heavy interest from Florida.

Nice to see Grant using those Florida connections to get in early on 2019 4 star talent.

This kid is a baller! At 6'8" he can play all 5 positions and he and Kostas, Jalen Crutcher, Jordan Davis and whomever would be a nightmare for opposing teams! Zim will be the best junior in the state of Florida next season and, if you haven't seen his you tube videos you should watch them. I am happy that Anthony Grant is offering 4 star athletes such as him because I don't think Archie Miller would have even offered thinking UD wouldn't have a chance!

San Diego Flyer 06-18-2017 10:55 AM

Poor Bucky, first Kostas Antetokounmpo, Obadiah Toppin, and now maybe Zimife Nwokeji. :rolleyes:

How about Kostas, Obi, and Zimi?

CvilleFlyer 06-19-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer (Post 509738)
Poor Bucky, first Kostas Antetokounmpo, Obadiah Toppin, and now maybe Zimife Nwokeji. :rolleyes:

How about Kostas, Obi, and Zimi?

Yes, I forgot about Obi! Jalen and Jordan will be the only names Bucky will be able to pronounce!

DallasFlyer 06-20-2017 12:58 PM

Gainesville, Florida kid...

@TeamKnightHoops
University of Dayton (OH) is is now recruiting 2019 PG Bryan BJ Greenlee (The Rock School). #TeamKnight #adidasUprising #TeamKnightHoops

NJFlyr71 06-20-2017 01:20 PM

With all these potential Florida recruits, it may come to pass that the Dayton to Daytona trip for UD students will just be a round trip .... Dayton to .... ah Dayton!

jack72 06-22-2017 01:18 PM

Nice list, but almost all guards. Only one kid over 6'5", and no bigs. Of course it is early and the list is just one guys knowledge.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...9lFJCPIUjQByL/

lhsgolf19 06-27-2017 02:44 PM

Jeremiah Francis��‏ @JFrancis30_ 10m10 minutes ago

Blessed To Say I've Recieved An Offer From University of Dayton ! #GoFlyers #A10��⚪️

6'2" PG out of Pickerington... his team was at the camp this weekend

Love the offer but more than likely headed to OSU

Buckleyma 06-28-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 (Post 510154)
Jeremiah Francis��‏ @JFrancis30_ 10m10 minutes ago

Blessed To Say I've Recieved An Offer From University of Dayton ! #GoFlyers #A10��⚪️

6'2" PG out of Pickerington... his team was at the camp this weekend

Love the offer but more than likely headed to OSU

There is a lot of video on Jeremiah Francis on the web. He seems to do everything well except elevate. He blocks out with his body very well. He shoots a lot of shots around the basket with one hand. This guys looks like he has that intangible "player" quality. He is a great player. He really knows how to play the game of basketball. I am not convinced that he is very quick of foot. But, in high school, he is really getting the job done. I feel confident that the chunkiness of youth will mature into much more muscle as he gets older. All the web sites are convinced that he is going to Ohio State though.
Posted via Mobile Device

OSU Flyer 06-28-2017 10:23 AM

Francis dad was a player for OSU in the 80s

Atlantic 10 06-28-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 510199)

Grandpa played at Dayton

longtimefan 06-28-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 510199)

Looks like he played against Anthony Grant in 85-86 and 86-87. OSU won 80-73 in 85-86. Francis had 3 and Grant didn't score. UD won 89-86 in 86-87, with Grant scoring 17 points and Francis 7. (Hopson had 41 for OSU.) After Grant graduated, Francis had 23 in an 81-80 UD win in 87-88. Francis had 8 in an Ohio State 104-76 win in 88-89. It would be great to have a series like that again.

OSU Flyer 07-08-2017 06:13 PM

Prep Hoops Florida‏ @prephoopsfl Jun 15
More
2019 Choctawhatchee F Diante Smith is earning interest from UAB, Dayton, USF and Troy. @DSXXII__

Recruit Champs‏ @recruitchamps Jun 15
More
2019 West Oaks G Tyrell Jones recruiting update:

Interest from Dayton and Troy

OSU Flyer 07-23-2017 11:54 AM

Mike Artis‏ @CoachArtis Jul 21
More
@TraeBroadnax has received interest from Virginia, Rice, Penn & Dayton, along with offers from FSU & UGA in the past week and a half ��

2019 PG playing at Monteverde Academy in Florida. Son of former Georgetown star and current Savannah St coach Horace Broadnax

Buckleyma 07-24-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 510664)
Prep Hoops Florida‏ @prephoopsfl Jun 15
More
2019 Choctawhatchee F Diante Smith is earning interest from UAB, Dayton, USF and Troy. @DSXXII__

Recruit Champs‏ @recruitchamps Jun 15
More
2019 West Oaks G Tyrell Jones recruiting update:

Interest from Dayton and Troy

OSUFlyer: this Tyrell Jones seems like a very exciting player based upon the video. He has a lot of spunk ( is that a real word?). If he is really 6'2" then he looks a lot like the John Crosby video that i saw of him in high school.

Diante Smith seems to be playing in a soft league where competition is not at a high level. Need to see more and trust Grant's choices.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sid Louick 07-24-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckleyma (Post 511466)
OSUFlyer: this Tyrell Jones seems like a very exciting player based upon the video. He has a lot of spunk ( is that a real word?). If he is really 6'2" then he looks a lot like the John Crosby video that i saw of him in high school.

Diante Smith seems to be playing in a soft league where competition is not at a high level. Need to see more and trust Grant's choices.
Posted via Mobile Device

Where is the video?

Buckleyma 07-24-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer (Post 511412)
Mike Artis‏ @CoachArtis Jul 21
More
@TraeBroadnax has received interest from Virginia, Rice, Penn & Dayton, along with offers from FSU & UGA in the past week and a half ��

2019 PG playing at Monteverde Academy in Florida. Son of former Georgetown star and current Savannah St coach Horace Broadnax

OSUFlyer: Trae Broadnax says his Dad played with Patrick Ewing but he does not feel any pressure to go to Georgetown.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lifelong Flyer Fan 07-24-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Louick (Post 511467)
Where is the video?

Here is one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvdTcCXCLw8

DallasFlyer 07-24-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckleyma (Post 511468)
OSUFlyer: Trae Broadnax says his Dad played with Patrick Ewing but he does not feel any pressure to go to Georgetown.
Posted via Mobile Device

Are they even recruiting him? Because if not, I can certainly see why he wouldn't feel any pressure to attend.

OSU Flyer 07-24-2017 06:31 PM

Savannah St is dropping down to D2 in within the next couple of years so that probably takes playing for dad off of the table

udflyerhoops2 07-31-2017 05:16 PM

Aidan Igiehon

jack72 07-31-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udflyerhoops2 (Post 511838)

He goes to school in NY, and has some decent offers like Nova, Cuse, X and IL

C-time 07-31-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udflyerhoops2 (Post 511838)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack72 (Post 511849)
He goes to school in NY, and has some decent offers like Nova, Cuse, X and IL

Maybe Pete Strickland is sending him our way. (FYI: Pete should be collecting a large commission for Oliver Purnell's coaching career.)

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/o...ce-444356.html

Buckleyma 08-01-2017 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=jack72;511849]He goes to school in NY, and has some decent offers like Nova, Cuse, X and IL[/QUOTE

Aidan Igiehon is listed at 6'8" or 6'9" or 6'10" and 215 lbs. a lot of dunks in the video. He bangs with his shoulders and seems agile. He looks like a very assertive player. He jumps well. He is a good athlete. He has big names recruiting him like Kentucky and others. He may be raw and less experienced in basketball but has tools.
Posted via Mobile Device

THirt 08-05-2017 10:54 PM

Jeremiah Francis tweeted a top 10 list of schools this evening and UD made the cut, along with Purdue, IU, WVU, Iowa, Florida State, Missouri, Ohio State, TCU, and um, North Carolina.

Can't say I like our chances on that list, but it's pretty heady company.
Posted via Mobile Device

jack72 08-06-2017 08:31 AM

Francis is one heck of a player. He reminds me of a young Isaiah Thomas, the original one. Great, great handle with both hands and quickness out the wazoo, and super floor vision. Sounds like he has blown up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ7AFyZK_44

Kevinob15 08-06-2017 05:39 PM

Jablonski wrote a summary of the recruits so far
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...9lFJCPIUjQByL/
Posted via Mobile Device

Ready Action 08-06-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack72 (Post 512280)
Francis is one heck of a player. He reminds me of a young Isaiah Thomas, the original one. Great, great handle with both hands and quickness out the wazoo, and super floor vision. Sounds like he has blown up.

Refreshing how he finishes with either hand. Bonus being he's also showing the ability to finish with contact at the high school level.

Buckleyma 08-07-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack72 (Post 512280)

Jack72: Concur, Francis has got to be on the top if everybody's list.
Posted via Mobile Device

MikeF 08-11-2017 02:32 PM

UD62 08-11-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeF (Post 512562)

Gives him a excellent chance to enhance his knowledge and obtain a hard earned degree from one of the highest rated academic universities in the country

DallasFlyer 08-11-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UD62 (Post 512572)
Gives him a excellent chance to enhance his knowledge and obtain a hard earned degree from one of the highest rated academic universities in the country

He plays basketball. So he doesn't have to do that stuff at North Carolina. Roy just signs them all up for fake African American studies classes. Absolutely no need to attend any classes.

Sea Bass 08-11-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer (Post 512576)
He plays basketball. So he doesn't have to do that stuff at North Carolina. Roy just signs them all up for fake African American studies classes. Absolutely no need to attend any classes.

and as long as other students take the classes it is not within the jurisdiction of the NCAA (or so UNC is saying)

DallasFlyer 08-14-2017 11:15 PM

@verbalcommits 2019 Lakeland (FL) F Luke Anderson has received an offer from Dayton. @lukebuckets11 verbalcommits.com/players/luke-a…

jack72 08-15-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer (Post 512693)
@verbalcommits 2019 Lakeland (FL) F Luke Anderson has received an offer from Dayton. @lukebuckets11 verbalcommits.com/players/luke-a…

Luke is 6'7" with a seven foot wingspan. Reputed to be a good shooter and scorer. Iowa St and several lesser schools have offered.

steve 08-15-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UD62 (Post 512572)

Only if he was entering the institution as just a "student"....

jack72 08-15-2017 01:48 PM

The rich get richer. UD can forget about Marvin Bagley. The nation's #1 in 2019 is reclassifying to 2018 and signing with Duke.