UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   udscott (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33062)

N2663R 04-10-2019 11:56 AM

udscott

Should udscott be banned from UD Pride until he makes good on his pizza bet?

NJFlyr71 04-10-2019 12:33 PM

I've got no skin in this game (for any winnings).

Yet, I vote yes (more like HE!! YES, since a guy who knows all the answers placing bets should be man enough to pay up or shut up .....

San Diego Flyer 04-10-2019 12:39 PM

Pretty simple. $50 stands between him and saving any credibility he has left.

rollo 04-10-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer (Post 583649)
Pretty simple. $50 stands between him and saving any credibility he has left.

It may stand between him and bankruptcy too.

Marysville Flyer 04-10-2019 02:21 PM

Thinking this is a bit harsh. Given his self admitted eye problem and then the accompanying ‘sure thing’ bets he loses here and I’m sure elsewhere as a result, maybe we should take up a collection so he can get some heavily tinted red and blue prescription glasses so he can at least see some hints of positives with this team and coach and hopefully stop at least a few silly losing best so he can finally pay off this pizza one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gazoo 04-10-2019 04:17 PM

I'm not showing up for pizza, but dude, you don't say things like that and then not follow through. Poor form. Punishment should be vetted to fit the crime.

SeasonTicketFan 04-10-2019 04:54 PM

Let him stay. Sometimes you need a troll to help keep you in perspective.

He just has no credibility since he is unable to back up his brash comments and attacks.

Each time he posts, just everyone ask him for $50.

TX Flyer 04-10-2019 05:29 PM

No...why don’t you guys stop making these ****ty threads and post about him (and maddog) and just click the ignore button?

springborofan 04-10-2019 05:32 PM

I voted no. He has surely driven me crazy over the past few years but his bet is with one other person only (besides the pizza proclamation that I never expected.)

This is a thinly veiled attempt to shame him off the board because you don't like what he posts. I dislike mob rule whether that is here or social media. It only leads to totalitarian thought police.

If he wants to continue to make a fool of himself, who am I to judge? (channeling my inner pope Francis)

steve 04-10-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX Flyer (Post 583683)
No...why don’t you guys stop making these ****ty threads and post about him (and maddog) and just click the ignore button?

Why don't you stay the hell out of them tough guy instead of posting cheerleader responses.

longtimefan 04-10-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX Flyer (Post 583683)

Why do you keep defending such trolls?

FlyerBob 04-10-2019 07:18 PM

UD Scott is a knucklehead troll, maybe a contrarian at best. But I don't like banning- I think I'll use the ignore feature.

The Fly 04-10-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerBob (Post 583701)
UD Scott is a knucklehead troll, maybe a contrarian at best. But I don't like banning- I think I'll use the ignore feature.

^^This^^

I don’t like censoring opinion, even if it’s offered in juvenile, troll-like fashion. He really ought to make good on his bet, though. That’s not a matter of opinion, but it is a matter of honor.

EliteEight 04-10-2019 07:52 PM

I laughed out loud when I saw the No, because I am UDScott or his parents option.

ud2 04-10-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springborofan (Post 583686)
If he wants to continue to make a fool of himself, who am I to judge? (channeling my inner pope Francis)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerBob (Post 583701)

If he ends up being correct about his criticisms, then I don't think that he should be classified as a troll/fool, since after all, he would be correct. Whether he is correct remains to be seen.

He ruffles everybody's feathers because he takes the non-company line on some things and does so in a very direct manner. If he would be more diplomatic that would help a lot, but I am no angel myself, so I am not inclined to bash him harshly, especially since we agree on many things.

shwag33 04-10-2019 08:18 PM

I can't believe some wouldnt want him banned. I don't care what he says, but if you make a good faith bet and you don't pay up... you deserve more than a banning.

The Fly 04-10-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UD2 (Post 583711)
We will not make the NIT or NCAAT this year.

We will not make the NCAAT next year.

We are not on schedule.

We are not ahead of schedule.

We are definitely behind schedule.

It might be another 8 or 9 years before we win another NCAAT game.

Hey UD2, since you said you are in agreement with UD Scott “on many things,” I’m wondering why you never responded to this earlier post. Again, I think you’re an intelligent poster, so I’m not trying to flame you, but I AM curious to hear if you now think we’re on schedule (or ahead) with AG, given the NIT bid you predicted we wouldnt get? You certainly can’t say we’re behind schedule since the Flyers accomplished something you said they couldn’t.

For what it’s worth, and to put my cards on the table, I think we’re on or slightly ahead of schedule but acknowledge that some of AG’s coaching is such that the jury’s still out.

You?

UDGutter2 04-10-2019 09:06 PM

UDScott and his 4 parents voted.

ClaytonFlyerFan 04-10-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDGutter2 (Post 583716)
UDScott and his 4 parents voted.

Ha Ha

So UDScott and his 4 parents can go on Springer and get a DNA test done to figure out who is his real daddy?

T-Bone 84 04-10-2019 09:21 PM

I have voted no, because I am generally opposed to bans. Besides, while I prefer to remain silent and be thought a fool, if he wants to open his mouth and remove all doubt, who am I to stand in his way?
Posted via Mobile Device

Glen Clark 04-10-2019 09:40 PM

Doesn't matter to me - he's on my ignore list.

TX Flyer 04-10-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve (Post 583687)
Why don't you stay the hell out of them tough guy instead of posting cheerleader responses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtimefan (Post 583700)
Why do you keep defending such trolls?

You two are just as bad. I’m about to put you both on ignore just like they are. If you don’t like their post you can easily adjust your settings instead of picking fights.

ud2 04-10-2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fly (Post 583715)
Hey UD2, since you said you are in agreement with UD Scott “on many things,” I’m wondering why you never responded to this earlier post. Again, I think you’re an intelligent poster, so I’m not trying to flame you, but I AM curious to hear if you now think we’re on schedule (or ahead) with AG, given the NIT bid you predicted we wouldnt get? You certainly can’t say we’re behind schedule since the Flyers accomplished something you said they couldn’t.

For what it’s worth, and to put my cards on the table, I think we’re on or slightly ahead of schedule but acknowledge that some of AG’s coaching is such that the jury’s still out.

You?

Sorry that I did not answer sooner.

I am still mulling everything over.

Kind of yes we are on schedule, kind of no we are behind schedule. Not really a black-and-white answer, a lot of gray.

I will get back to you with a more detailed answer.

I am just very frustrated with things since Archie left.

FLYER5 04-11-2019 12:58 AM

No. He's much more entertaining than most on here, and he's not an apologist like the ones crying foul in this thread..boo hoo..

udscott 04-11-2019 06:12 PM

LMAO, Hysterical stuff, ok I’ll make this public for the first time, I had a family emergency, I told SLU in a post that I had him just give me a few, I forgot about it, I then went to Vegas for 4 days, I come back to UDPRIDE and he is just ripping me publicly, so I said **** him, but I am now going to make good, by the end of the weekend after I download the Venmo app lol,

FYI as much as I’m against AG, I’m rooting hard for him to prove me wrong, I love my Dayton Flyers
Posted via Mobile Device

SLUFLYER 04-11-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udscott (Post 583745)
LMAO, Hysterical stuff, ok I’ll make this public for the first time, I had a family emergency, I told SLU in a post that I had him just give me a few, I forgot about it, I then went to Vegas for 4 days, I come back to UDPRIDE and he is just ripping me publicly, so I said **** him, but I am now going to make good, by the end of the weekend after I download the Venmo app lol,

FYI as much as I’m against AG, I’m rooting hard for him to prove me wrong, I love my Dayton Flyers
Posted via Mobile Device

"I got ya, I’m a man of my word, you got lucky we stole one at Davidson cause their gonna get smoked at Duquesne Saturday"

Above is your EXACT quote from March 7th. That's like 5 weeks ago. No mention of "give me a few" or any kind of timeline or a siesta to Vegas. It's cool. While you've been gone, maddog has brought the posts to new low of class.

N2663R 04-11-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry about your family emergency. Just having a bit of fun by stirring the pot in the off season. :cool:

udscott 04-11-2019 10:07 PM

Thanks no offense taken, I enjoy it as much as the next guy
Posted via Mobile Device

Gazoo 04-12-2019 01:57 PM

FWIW, BeckysTXA appears to be calling you out for a violation of Man Code. Just sayin'.

steverino015 04-12-2019 02:28 PM

I decided not to take part in the poll at all...

I wish this had been taken care of by private message and not posting/starting a thread about someone, that's all....

I know both arguments and can see both sides... just think it could of been handled a different way is all....

SLUFLYER 04-13-2019 12:30 PM

FREE UDSCOTT!!!!!! He has paid his bet. I have graciously waived the 38 days of interest.

ClaytonFlyerFan 04-13-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLUFLYER (Post 583905)
FREE UDSCOTT!!!!!! He has paid his bet. I have graciously waived the 38 days of interest.

Did I miss it? Has he bought pizza for all of us yet?

FlyerinChicago 04-13-2019 04:30 PM

Great. Lets burn and bury this thread now.

steverino015 04-13-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerinChicago (Post 583922)
Great. Lets burn and bury this thread now.

yes, plus the I know something you don't know... neener neener thread... both

sheg 04-13-2019 05:56 PM

Yeah, plus any thread that starts out, or becomes, more about members of the forum than the appropriate discussion topic.

ud2 04-16-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

My thoughts exactly. I would love to be wrong.

The Fly 04-16-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ud2 (Post 584092)

One step forward. He beat your no-NIT prediction, so hopefully an NCAA bid next season. That would be step 2.

31770 09-10-2019 12:07 PM

What is this said bet, and where can it be referenced? I would like to reserve my pole vote until I can fully understand the context and details of the bet. :D

UD62 09-10-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ud2 (Post 584092)

Well you are getting what you love, you are wrong almost all the time.

CE80 09-10-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31770 (Post 592507)
What is this said bet, and where can it be referenced? I would like to reserve my pole vote until I can fully understand the context and details of the bet. :D

Pole votes are usually made with $ bills. Larger denominations will get you more for your vote.

ClaytonFlyerFan 09-10-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CE80 (Post 592514)
Pole votes are usually made with $ bills. Larger denominations will get you more for your vote.

and lap dance......