UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Battle 4 Atlantis ticket packages (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32032)

Kevinob15 03-19-2018 05:46 PM

Battle 4 Atlantis ticket packages

I know UD released information today saying ticket packages are available when a stay at the hotel is purchased but is this really the only way to get tickets? I have to imagine they’d accept people’s money from other hotels to watch a basketball game right? Anyone have any insight into alternative options?
Posted via Mobile Device

TA111 03-19-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinob15 (Post 544579)
I know UD released information today saying ticket packages are available when a stay at the hotel is purchased but is this really the only way to get tickets? I have to imagine they’d accept people’s money from other hotels to watch a basketball game right? Anyone have any insight into alternative options?
Posted via Mobile Device

I’ve been to the last 4 in-season tourneys and you can always get tickets separate from the packages. Probably won’t go on sale until summer.

maddog07 03-19-2018 10:03 PM

Been to several of these tournaments. Seats are rarely half filled. Can always get a ticket, sometimes from earlier game people leaving. Most schools don't bring 25% of the fans we do.
Posted via Mobile Device

VirgM 03-19-2018 10:29 PM

Grab your wallet

This is the same as Maui has been doing. Until just prior to the event, tickets are only available through the hotel package. And there's no alternative hotels and prices are outrageous. A cheap option for us (4 adults & 2 wee ones) was a condo at Harborside at 5000.00 for the week. But that doesn't officially qualify for game tickets. Ticket prices vary but a mid-section seat will cost $180 per person just for the 3 UD games. So if you are really set on going, plan on spending big bucks. By the way, flying there through Toronto is the cheap air fare right now.

Beatty Town Coach 03-19-2018 11:09 PM

Most specifically, I think the thread question is this: Given that the tournament is being played at the resort itself, can you still get in said games, if your staying somewhere other than that resort?

I think VirgM picked-up on the full question.

So is that the only way you can get tickets very far in-advance?

podcast411 03-20-2018 02:35 AM

Just booked my trip to Battle 4 Atlantis.

http://www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a/dayton

There is an issue if you want to check in early, as the promotion goes back only to Monday the 19th.

We wanted to check in on Sunday the 18th.

Here is the link you will need to then add in and refresh on your browser if you want to check in the 18th or earlier:

https://secure.atlantisbahamas.com/travel/arc.cfm

BUT make sure to go to the top link first - so you will see Dayton listed next to the hotel rooms.

Hope to see some of you in the Bahamas.

MrFlyerFanatic 03-20-2018 11:11 AM

Ideal Travel is working on a non-Atlantis package that will include tickets.

FlyerFanatic08 03-20-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by podcast411 (Post 544646)
Just booked my trip to Battle 4 Atlantis.

http://www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a/dayton

There is an issue if you want to check in early, as the promotion goes back only to Monday the 19th.

We wanted to check in on Sunday the 18th.

Here is the link you will need to then add in and refresh on your browser if you want to check in the 18th or earlier:

https://secure.atlantisbahamas.com/travel/arc.cfm

BUT make sure to go to the top link first - so you will see Dayton listed next to the hotel rooms.

Hope to see some of you in the Bahamas.

how much are we talking? i was thinking of getting my parents an all inclusive thing as an early x-mas present.

is that not what this is?

podcast411 03-20-2018 04:05 PM

Pricing will vary depending on the specific hotel in Atlantis. But if you go middle of the road and get them in the Royal tower - get them Tickets to Flyers games - and also get the casual meal plan - you would be looking at around $7,000 - Take $2k off for the meal plan. This based on being there for 7 nights. This pricing does NOT include Airfare or transportation from and to the airport.

CE80 03-20-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by podcast411 (Post 544736)
Pricing will vary depending on the specific hotel in Atlantis. But if you go middle of the road and get them in the Royal tower - get them Tickets to Flyers games - and also get the casual meal plan - you would be looking at around $7,000 - Take $2k off for the meal plan. This based on being there for 7 nights. This pricing does NOT include Airfare or transportation from and to the airport.

This makes my trip to DC for the A10 tourney including a $250/person dinner at The Capital Grille, sound like a great deal.

UDGutter2 03-20-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by podcast411 (Post 544736)

Mega Millions drawing is tonight, I have a chance. Lol. Here's hoping for a large turnout of Flyer Faithful. Enjoy the games.

Beatty Town Coach 03-21-2018 10:31 AM

Here's hoping for something better than 0 for 3 on the trip. Instinct says UD will not draw Stanford and Middle Tennessee in first two games. Could be a pleasant surprise; or Charleston with a bad attitude.

shwag33 03-21-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic08 (Post 544730)
how much are we talking? i was thinking of getting my parents an all inclusive thing as an early x-mas present.

is that not what this is?

Atlantis is not all inclusive. It's fairly expensive for food etc.

Pro-tip: if you stay at the comfort inn you get free access to all atlantis properties, water park, aquarium, etc. It's the only hotel that is not an atlantis property to get this... otherwise you have to pay like $100 a day. It's also basically across the street from atlantis.

BallgameJohnny 03-21-2018 01:56 PM

So what you are saying is book your own flight, book comfort inn, and then get tickets when you get there, and boom, lots o savings????

shwag33 03-21-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallgameJohnny (Post 544896)
So what you are saying is book your own flight, book comfort inn, and then get tickets when you get there, and boom, lots o savings????

Yeah. The only part i'm not sure on is the tickets, but like others said generally these tournaments never sell out.

The cheaper atlantis hotels are no nicer than the comfort inn. The cheapest one and the comfort inn are right next to each other.

Unless you splurge and stay at the cove or one of the other higher end ones it's not worth the premium for cheap atlantis vs comfort inn. Those are like 2-3x the price though.

Kevinob15 03-21-2018 05:56 PM

I emailed the box office about purchasing tickets and they said they are available without purchasing a hotel stay. Here’s the pricing lay out. If anyone knows how to post an image on here and could enlighten me I’ll post the screen shot of it. If not just PM me your email and I’ll send it to you
Posted via Mobile Device

Radar 03-27-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic (Post 544685)
Ideal Travel is working on a non-Atlantis package that will include tickets.

MrDFF: have details on Ideals packages been released?