UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hurley to UCONN (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32043)

AZFlyer85 03-22-2018 12:56 PM

Hurley to UCONN

No more listening to his whining twice a year.

Wallage 03-22-2018 01:08 PM

Hurley is a jerk, no problem with him being gone. Hope Rhody is able to stay strong. Need to keep the top of the conference in good shape.

UACFlyer 03-22-2018 01:12 PM

A jerK?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallage (Post 545090)
Hurley is a jerk, no problem with him being gone. Hope Rhody is able to stay strong. Need to keep the top of the conference in good shape.

What is the basis of this "Hurley is a jerk" stuff? I have no familiarity with him.

podcast411 03-22-2018 01:41 PM

Now we just need UMBC's coach Odom to RI to complete the picture.

podcast411 03-22-2018 01:44 PM

FYI - Loosing Hurley, Smart,and Wade is not a good thing for us. We need the best coaches to stay in the A-10 and make the league better over all. The more coaches use the league as a stepping stone - the harder it is to be looked at as anything but that dreaded mid-major label.

priceg75 03-22-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UACFlyer (Post 545093)
What is the basis of this "Hurley is a jerk" stuff? I have no familiarity with him.

The fact that he's a jerk.

UACFlyer 03-22-2018 02:46 PM

C'mon

Quote:

Originally Posted by UACFlyer (Post 545093)

Quote:

Originally Posted by priceg75 (Post 545139)
The fact that he's a jerk.

You can do better than that. Seriously, what's the issue?

AZFlyer85 03-22-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UACFlyer (Post 545149)

He is a chronic cryer to the refs. To the point of being a jerk.

CE80 03-22-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UACFlyer (Post 545149)

You follow UConn - you'll find out soon enough.

Early in his career at URI, Hurley was T'd up a bunch and came across as a spoiled little brat on the sidelines. i think he received a talking to by the powers to be a Rhody and I think he toned it down a lot. He still is a little demonstrative for me and many others but I don't think he has been that bad lately. His past still haunts him.

Flyer 86 03-22-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CE80 (Post 545165)

Early in his career at URI, Hurley was T'd up a bunch and came across as a spoiled little brat on the sidelines. i think he received a talking to by the powers to be a Rhody and I think he toned it down a lot. He still is a little demonstrative for me and many others but I don't think he has been that bad lately. His past still haunts him.

He did. I know some alums who told me the same thing. Pretty sure it was a year to two ago, if my memory serves me correctly.

Sea Bass 03-22-2018 03:27 PM

good luck to Hurley. Now was the right time

CE80 03-22-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Bass (Post 545204)
good luck to Hurley. Now was the right time

Now was the right time because UConn was offering big $s. There is still talent at URI and more was coming in.

Sitdowndigger 03-22-2018 05:47 PM

NJFlyr71 03-22-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCFlyer85 (Post 545164)
He is a chronic cryer to the refs. To the point of being a jerk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CE80 (Post 545165)

UAC Flyer

He was/is a jerk .... It's easier to NOT be a jerk when you are winning and RI won this year quite a bit .... hence he was not as big a Jerk this year ....

If you have a few tuff seasons you'll remember these posts! :bang:

UACFlyer 03-22-2018 08:46 PM

So far, so good,....

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 (Post 545328)
UAC Flyer

He was/is a jerk .... It's easier to NOT be a jerk when you are winning and RI won this year quite a bit .... hence he was not as big a Jerk this year ....

If you have a few tuff seasons you'll remember these posts! :bang:

Sounds a lot like Jim Calhoun to me. To Calhoun losing was unacceptable. Period! He often acted like a maniac...but ranks as one of the most successful coaches ever.

Calhoun could recruit...develop players...and was a great game coach. When JC arrived at Storrs UConn was in far worse shape than either of Hurley's previous stops and/or UConn today.

It should be easier for Hurley at UConn than at URI. UConn's new $45 million on-campus facility is second to none...and the school's expectations are different than URI's. What Ollie lacked was HC experience...Hurley has plenty.

I hope everything works out well for URI and UConn.

UD93 Steve 03-22-2018 08:49 PM

I heard he had a good recruiting class coming in. I wonder if AG can pick a couple of them up!?