UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Colts sign Mo-Allie Cox (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30885)

Donniex3Era 04-20-2017 03:45 PM

Colts sign Mo-Allie Cox

interesting...6'6, 262, he's got the size

Southwest 04-20-2017 03:57 PM

Hope he does well, makes a lot of money, stays healthy...and stays away from our Flyers!

CE80 04-20-2017 04:52 PM

MNFats 04-20-2017 05:00 PM

Always assumed it's where he would end up. Has ideal size for it. Great hands. Question will be straight line speed and ability to learn football. Needs to be willing to block - and be good at it.

Jeff 04-20-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donniex3Era (Post 504585)
interesting...6'6, 262, he's got the size

Every time we played VCU, my son would comment that he should be playing football. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

He could be a practice squad guy for a few years and turn into something. Athletes are athletes.

TommyGola 04-20-2017 09:41 PM

I have stated many times on this site that he is the prototype tight end. I think he will have great success.

rollo 04-21-2017 07:17 AM

I love that guy. I may have to name my next wonder dog 'Mo' in his honor...only because I can't call him 'Cox'...not in Oakwood....those west side moms already won't leave me alone. :eek:

KC Flyer 04-21-2017 12:27 PM

Interesting that he could skip the draft and was declared a FA because he was 3 years removed from HS and graduated college 2016 so he did not need to declare for the 2017 draft. I do not remember another US college athlete that took this route and signed before the NFL draft.

steve 04-21-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyGola (Post 504623)
I have stated many times on this site that he is the prototype tight end. I think he will have great success.

Prototype TE in size definitely. Hell of alot more to play the position in college let alone the NFL.No clue if he can hit, take a hit, block, outrun people, catch the ball, and about 20 other things it takes to play in the league..Zero risk to take a chance on him...

UDBrian 04-22-2017 07:27 AM

I have wondered what Lebron would be like as a wide receiver, probably used in red zone situations only. can you imagine him boxing out a 6' defensive back in the end zone, lol

San Diego Flyer 04-22-2017 09:51 AM

Antonio Gates is likely the poster boy for excelling in college basketball, and then carving out an illustrious career in the NFL. I believe Pat Riley was among those hopefuls attempting to do the same.

But the reality is that it's mostly fools gold. Many have tried, few succeed. Banging under the boards is child's play next to the job of continually banging into hard-rock fast 250lb linebackers. The first test of catching a football in the open field is easy. It's all up hill from that point on.

Also one of my favorite all-time names, along with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

CE80 04-22-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer (Post 504763)
Antonio Gates is likely the poster boy for excelling in college basketball, and then carving out an illustrious career in the NFL. I believe Pat Riley was among those hopefuls attempting to do the same.

But the reality is that it's mostly fools gold. Many have tried, few succeed. Banging under the boards is child's play next to the job of continually banging into hard-rock fast 250lb linebackers. The first test of catching a football in the open field is easy. It's all up hill from that point on.

Also one of my favorite all-time names, along with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

I believe Antonio Gates was offered a football scholarship to Mich St but they would not let him be lay basketball too. He had much more football experience than Mo.
Posted via Mobile Device