UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
UDPride Discussion Forums

UDPride Discussion Forums (http://www.udpride.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mens Basketball (http://www.udpride.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Golden Zips - Akron (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31491)

rollo 11-25-2017 09:44 PM

Golden Zips - Akron

IMRO, every one of my Flyers played well tonite. And except for the last 2 minutes of the first half my Flyers played well. But only one Flyer can earn a Golden Award after a win, so get to work and vote!

Smitty10 11-25-2017 09:51 PM

IMRO, yes I just said that, Kostas' presence kept them from eating us alive on the inside. It looked like they would eat us alive from both the outside and the inside until you started seeing them rush their inside shots and putting more arc on them because, well, Kostas has that effect.

mikeymo85 11-25-2017 10:16 PM

last year "Scoochie, its always Scoochie"
this year Josh, its always Josh

jack72 11-25-2017 10:30 PM

Why is there even a vote tonight? Josh was head and shoulders above the rest.

UDGutter2 11-25-2017 10:56 PM

I would have included Crutches with his 8 assists and 0 turnovers.

TXFlyerFan 11-25-2017 11:42 PM

I can see why Josh is getting the most votes, but without Kostas tonight, especially in first half, not sure we aren't buried in a multi-digit deficit, so he gets my vote tonight, even though Josh had much better stats.

T-Bone 84 11-25-2017 11:52 PM

It was a great TEAM victory tonight, but the “bell cow” for that team was Mr. C. A real man among boys down low.
Posted via Mobile Device

maddog07 11-26-2017 12:33 AM

Went with KA. He changed the game. Hard choice as JCunningham was great again.
Posted via Mobile Device

rollo 11-26-2017 07:17 AM

Down 5 at the half, this game was won on the 2nd half. So who was the 2nd half hero? That is the Royal question!

So let's break down the 2nd half:

Cunningham had 11 pts, 8 rbs and 3 assists...
DDavis had 12 pts 0 rbs and 0 assists...
JDavis had 12 pts, 2 rbs and 1 assist...
Crutcher had 3 pts and 5 assists, but went 1/5 shooting.

DDavis' 0 rbs knocks him out.
Crutcher's 1/5 shooting eliminated him.

So it comes down to Cunningham or Davis and based on RBs - which is also a measure of determination - Sir Josh earned the royal vote.

San Diego Flyer 11-26-2017 08:49 AM

Josh is putting up May/Perryman type numbers with double/doubles. We haven't been treated to numbers like that in a long time. He really wants those boards. Add the good rebounding from our guards and the team something to build on.

He is not making it easy to change the focus of this award.

Beatty Town Coach 11-26-2017 10:33 AM

Voted the obvious...Josh, Josh, and more Josh! But, Rollo, Josh is making your poll obsolete. And it suffers from internal bias...in the form of "Italics".
Good Job Flyers, excellent game. Play like that against Auburn, got a good chance of building the resume.

sheg 11-26-2017 06:36 PM

Josh by a country mile.

Honorable mention in order:

JDavis is really impressing me and I'm excited about his future.

DDavis: looks so smooth and confident.

Special K: is a game changer. The team is better on both ends when he's on the floor.

Crutcher: 8/0.

Svoboda: rarely parked at the 3 line. Much more active and a couple of nice dishes.

Crosby: only out of control a couple times. Steady.

When you only play seven guys, everybody usually has a hand in your success and gets a gold star.

jack72 11-27-2017 09:03 AM

Josh scored 11 straight points in the second half to secure the win, but what about defense? He guarded Akron's star, Utomi, in the second half and held him to only attempting 2 shots. Utomi had 11 pts the first half. That was a huge reason we won.

One of the all-time best games by a Flyer!