Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 06:56 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Figgie123 View Post
I would think all home-and-home contracts are built like that. Why wouldn't they be?

It's no different than coaching contracts that have a buy-out which is paid by the coaches new team (basically), and the opportunity for a home-and-home with that team, unless that team is one of 3 dream jobs for a coach.

I think it's more interesting in that Nevada opted out at all. Weren't we just talking about Quad 1/2 wins, road victories, and the sort, and Nevada bailed out on one. (possibly, URI has new coach and graduated a lot) Is Nevada afraid of losing to URI? Afraid of URI not being a Quad 1/2? That's where the story is here. Why did Nevada buy out URI?
I found these tweets from the Nevada beat writer

@MurrayRGJ
Cost to Nevada to buy out the Rhode Island game was $50,000. So the Wolf Pack basically bought a home game against a Top 25 team last year for $50,000

@Tlemieux72
Replying to @MurrayRGJ
Kingston be like, and I don’t blame the fans, ad, or coaches for being ****ed.

I also can understand why Nevada did it but old saying does comes to mind. “If you play with fire....

@MurrayRGJ
I don't think that was the original plan, but the Sweet 16 run opened other scheduling opportunities and URI shouldn't have agreed to a $50K buyout. Industry standard is $100K. I can see it from both sides. Nevada fans won't be happy if USC, for example, bails next year.
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-11-2018)