User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 11:15 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Texas Tech comes in at 31 and 5th in the Big 12. Texas Tech lost a lot of players and is getting a lot of carry-over credit from last year. Wow, Texas Tech’s reputation has zoomed over the last couple years. I see that that they get Tariq Owens as a grad transfer. I remember Tariq Owens as a painfully skinny 6’10” kid that I thought Dayton had a chance at recruiting. Instead, he became a much traveled kid to Tennessee and then to St. John and now to Texas Tech. He only averaged 5 points a game.

My vivid memory of Texas Tech fan base and program stems from a senior night game. The team had a bad year and the crowd was dismally small. One of the seniors came out on the floor and looked very embarrassed. His mother missed his senior night. Two people from administration stood up for him. About half way through the proceedings, his mother showed up. Later, I heard that she got caught in traffic. There was a fuss in the stands as the mother was going to interrupt the proceedings by walking onto the floor but someone from administration caught her by the arm and talked her into taking a seat instead of interrupting the senior night proceedings.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
udflyerhoops2 (10-07-2018)