Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 09:21 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
I like the effort Rick! I think the USA template is really the best one and with the wings that blend in on the shorts I think they're a natural fit for the Flyers.

Originally Posted by Rick Scaia View Post
I may or may not have used a darker shade of red than you, too, for this same purpose), and I put the extra "D" on the other side of the shorts.
You did use darker shades of red(crimson and cardinal) which are basically Indiana, Alabama, and Stanford maroons. Dayton does everything in a bright red which is Scarlet on the builder.

Also I put the "D" (which would be the Flying D logo) on both sides of the shorts when I was mocking up the unis (Of course you couldn't see that from my screen caps). Since the logo update UD has only had the logo on one side of the shorts and it just looks incomplete to me.

And no pastel blues! Never again!
I'm also not a fan of Columbia/Carolina blue unis but I know a lot of posters here like it so I mocked it up for them. If UD really wanted a 4th uniform I'd go with black or anthracite(dark grey) so you could have blackout nights at the arena.

I also disliked the pattern on the buttocks, but could never make it go all the way away; I think it's auto-tied to the color you pick for the stripe, but not identical. It's the reason why a white stripe was immediately disqualified for both aways: the design showed up MUCH more prominantly, with higher contrast than with the red stripe on blue or the blue stripe on red.
If you check out the pictures from the olympics that I posted above the "wings/stripes" on the back of the shorts just blend in with the color of shorts. I'm sure Nike just wanted to make sure that people knew they were there on the uniform builder.