Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
UD would likely replace conference wins with non-conference wins. I was thinking more of the indirect impact of trading out some of the conference losses of the bottom teams. For example, UMass was 10-3 vs. non-conf and 5-15 vs the A10. Given their W/L%, if you switch out 4 games, you could replace 1-3 vs A10, with 3-1 vs. non-conf. That would take them from 15-18 to 17-16.

The trade off is not getting to play both URI and VCU twice at 14 games, which is a negative. I wasn't the biggest fan of going from 16 to 18 games, but it isn't entirely bad if we are going to be locked in with SLU and DUQ as 2 of the H/H's. I wouldn't want the A10 to follow suit with going to 20 games.