Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: UD vs Campbell
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 01:58 PM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
I have been a season ticket holder for football for 38 years now. I am not sure it is the student athletes we recruit. I think we have talented athletes, but in my opinion we do not use them the right way. For me it is the coaching that is the issue. As much as I did not like Kelly or Whilding, the offense we run now is vanilla and predictable.

Case in point is Skibinski...how fast is he...darned fast and how many balls has he caught and for decent yardage?

On defense...Lutgens is quick and seems like a player...yet he hardly blitzes.

We run the same plays over and over again. Very few pitch sweeps, no options, yet we have an option threat at QB, we don't throw screen passes, we don't throw slants with a huge TE, etc.

On defense we get no pressure, because we rarely blitz. Our adjusting to the offense is too late. I can't tell you how many times the defense is caught out of position because the signals are coming to them too late. We aren't recognizing the packages offenses are throwing at us, until it is too late. Very little safety help and our corners are good, but they are not good enough to cover most of the WR's in our league man on man every play.

Kicking is an issue. We were spoiled with William Will, but outside of Smith we are young at the Kicker spot. We never try anything different...(I have not seen every game) when was the last fake punt we tried or an onside kick when not expecting it? Why don't we squib kick more?

I missed the Campbell game due to our associate pastor at my church being ordained. This is maybe the 3rd or 4th home game I have ever missed in 38 years. I try to go to as many away games as possible as well. I drive from Columbus to Dayton for all for the home games and I have never been more frustrated with our coaching than this season.

I love Flyer Football...it has given me many opportunities to see places I would never have been able to travel to. Some were pretty cool while others were just OK, but always a good adventure. Following the Flyer football program helps relax me from a tough job I have, yet I don't blame any one of our players for the year we are having. This is all on the coaching staff and the administration for not taking this program more seriously and making it stronger instead of always threatening to take it away.

OK, will stop now. Sorry for rambling!

Go Flyers!
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Cardsflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (10-16-2017), Flyer Gramps (10-16-2017), FlyerIllini (10-16-2017), NEOFlyer (10-18-2017), PittsburghFlyer (10-17-2017), Showme Flyer (10-16-2017)