Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Good info Rue. But wouldn't you expect that more playing time would make that number rise for a freshman? Meaning that Scooch couldn't earn it because he had a legit ball handling, game managing point guard ahead of him while Crutcher only has to beat out Crosby(who by the way, the numbers on him are very telling).

Scooch is also unique and that uniqueness makes him more valuable than his numbers indicate IMO. Scooch possessed the offensive skills to carry the team on his back at times, but choose very carefully when to use them and when to try and Quarterback the team and get them involved in the offense. He was very unselfish even though he possessed the skills to not always be so.

I just don't think we'll ever be able to paint a picture of how good Scoochie Smith was with stats other than wins and losses.
Scoochie averaged about 19 minutes a game in these 7 games and Crutcher has averaged 26 a game. Fair point, more minutes you would think equates to a better offensive rating because more experience, but I don't think the difference between the two, talking about Crutcher 49 minutes more than Scoochie through 7 games should impact it that much. I don't know how to think about better 2014 team. It would help with assists, TOs, and rebounds I think, but hurt with FGs and FTs attempted.

Anyway, Crutcher showing some good offensive signs the last three games.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-05-2017), FLYER5 (12-04-2017)